Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Fruitarianism & Bodybuilding
Date: August 08, 2006 01:28PM

Well guys...here's an update on my progress....

I'm doing great and really am amazed at being able to maintain my wieght so well.

Anyway I always said it could be done...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fruitarianism & Bodybuilding
Posted by: monson ()
Date: August 09, 2006 07:24PM

i was wondering if you could post an example of a typical day's food intake for yourself. i believe i remember reading a post where you said that you don't eat that much in a day...i'm just curious to see how little you consume
while still packing on muscle.
thanks.

Date: August 09, 2006 10:24PM

For the summer it's Watermelon....as much as I need....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2006 10:25PM by The Fruitarian One.

Posted by: innervegetable ()
Date: August 10, 2006 05:57AM

what do you eat primarily for protein and fat?

Date: August 10, 2006 09:34PM

For the summer it's Watermelon....as much as I need....

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 10, 2006 10:19PM

Seeds and all? I'd imagine a fair amount of protien in watermelon seeds.

Date: August 10, 2006 11:17PM

How long have you been a "fruitarian" 100% raw?

I don't think that fruit only (especially sweet fruit) will sustain a healthy body in the long run. For the summer yeah, but what fat do you eat?

If you really are 100% raw fruitarian then it seems to be working for you for now.

I'll check back with you in 6 months...

Posted by: nedsin ()
Date: August 16, 2006 02:38PM

Hi, I don't mean to be rude in any way, but it's very true that many black men are genetically made to have a perfectmusclular physique without eating a specific diet, or even working out. The proof of that which I've noticed is the many black atlelete's in sport's, they are there because they are naturally in shape. At my gym, I know of many black guy's who hardly work out and have even more awesome bodies, than Fruititarian's posted on this site. There's one specific black guy, I see at the gym who work's outonly once every six months for ten minutes and looks fabulous. There's another black homeless man I see everyday in the street wtih his shirt off, who's has the best physique I've ever seen, and I know a homeless man can't afford to eat well and or go to a gym. I just wanted to bring this to your attention, because I believe it's not the watermelon that keeps you in shape, it's your genetics.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 02:54PM

Yeah but if you're lifting weights, your body cries out for protein, you can't ignore that protein craving. But if Fruitarian One's body isn't doing this, then maybe what we think we know about bodybuilding might have to be amended.

Based on my own weightlifting experiences, both while raw and before (on a regular bodybuilding diet) --- I'm starting to see the light.

The longer I'm on a raw diet, the less protein I seem to crave yet I still have muscle. And I'm caucasian (whatever, really we're all African).

Posted by: morrisson66 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 03:22PM

I've seen white men with fantastic physiques who never work out as well... I would have to say that it's genitic predisposition honestly... I've seen a lot of white men like that. I've seen a lot of black men, asians that are like that. I'm not saying you're wrong. I know that black men are generally more inclined to have fast-twitch muscles then caucasians, which is pretty cool.

Frutarian One.. I can honestly see how you could eat watermelon all summer.. I've been craving the hell out of it and all I can get here now are dry conventional ones... the local growers will start having them in a week or so... FINALLY!!! when I did find some organic ones that's all we ate for 2 days and I couldn't get enough... plus I was biking and doing workouts and my muscles felt better then than they do today after eating nut pate's yesterday...

I honestly think your body tells you what to eat and will not guide you wrong.

Date: August 16, 2006 09:11PM

The genetics thing of people from different ethnic backgrounds is not ringing true to me...that's like saying all blackmen have bigger penises!.....crap!

I think that is more stereotyping than anything else....it's like saying that all football teams must have a white quarter back to provide the brains....

People are people....we've all got various abilities and gifts.....I've seen many blackmen that are well out of shape and I've seen a wide spectrum of people of different nationalities that are out of shape....as a former pro sportsman I've seen many athleically gifted White people...and try telling star jones that because she's black she's genetically supposed to have the body of a female body builder....or Al Roker that he's supposed to look like Ben Johnson...then be prepared to duck...

I think genetics from a health stand point makes more sense....how your parents and your grand parents looked after their health can have an effect on your own health and abilities....

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:20AM

Actually, the recent research on DNA has made scientists conclude that the concept of race is a gimmick, which I welcomed with applaud. Genetically, we are all the same (with minor, individual differences). The external differences that we observe (eye color, hair type, height, skin color) are purely the natural variations, which externally may seem significant (take a very short and very tall person, for example) but genetically are not so major (there is no such thing as short people's race). For example, I look a bit like mum, a bit like my dad, and have some similar features to my grandparenst and cousens as well. Howether, this does not make me belonging to some "race" of people.

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 17, 2006 02:33AM

Of course certain ethnicities will be prone to certain body types.

It makes sense that black Americans are pretty hardy considering how they came to this countries, the weaker ones would have died along the journey.

Not a pleasant topic to think about of course but food for thought.

Once my good friend told me I had a body "like a black guy". He was drunk of course (guys can't compliment each other's bodies while sober, haha) and so was I. I had the best body when on cooked food and drinking bi or tri-weekly. The reason? Because I was working out at that time.

Physique is more about what you do with your body than what you put in it. Anyone can gain muscle, keeping it (as well as your health) in the long term is more tricky.

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: August 17, 2006 10:27PM

I thought that was really interesting what Fruitarianone said:..."how your parents and grandparents looked after their health can have an effect on your own health and abilities".

I think that might be really true. Maybe our lifestyle can actually have an effect on the quality of the genes we pass on to our children. That would mean that if for example we inherit an unhealthy gene from our parents, we could actually be able to transform that gene somewhat by living well ourselves. Is that what you meant Fruitarianone? I think it's entirely possible.

Best wishes, Ally

Date: August 18, 2006 04:31AM

I don't mean to be rude, again, but I believe I read somewhere that black people were ideal physically, even more so than any other ethnicity, and their genetics were so excellent that they were bought and sold as slaves. They could endure more physically than a white person. I remember learning this. So I think I'm right about genetics, or, can you explain: Why all the most famous Basket Ball or Foot Ball players, are Black guy's? - excluding (Star Jones) of course, he he he

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2006 05:32AM

I read alot of things somewhere.

I think the average black Americans probably has stronger genetics than the average black African simply because of natural selection.

Then again, it's never as cut and dry as that.

Either way, it's not the issues.

Fruitarian One's point is that one can sustain a pretty impressive amount of muscle mass in the short term on an all fruit diet (assuming he is being genuine about his identity which I will assume he is).

Date: August 18, 2006 06:18AM

"People are people....we've all got various abilities and gifts." -The Fruitarian One

That's for shure!

"Fruitarian One's point is that one can sustain a pretty impressive amount of muscle mass in the short term on an all fruit diet (assuming he is being genuine about his identity which I will assume he is)." -NARZ

I agree, in the short-run sweet fruit only can sustain one.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 18, 2006 01:54PM

I think that instead of making a racial stereotype excuse for someone's success, we should be asking -- what really fuels muscle growth? Do we really need to be eating all essential proteins at every meal if we want to gain muscle? Or is that going to become an outdated concept? Bodybuilding and sports nutrition are always cutting edge science, and maybe there's something more cutting edge than the current bodybuilding diet. I've read that some Olympic athletes specifically eat raw-vegan to train for the Olympics.

In my own personal experience of lifting weights I've found that the longer I do raw, the less protein my body seems to cry out for after workouts. I don't know why or how or what, but I would be interested to find out.

Thank you, Fruitarian One, for sharing your experiences!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2006 01:56PM by sunshine79.

Date: August 18, 2006 02:14PM

Narz and innervegetable.....I've been doing this for 11 years so this short term thing is a bunch of crap....Narz you doubt that I am for real...you could say the same for any of high profile raw guru's out there....the only difference is that I'm not making a bundle of money out of you guys!

I don't care if people wanna doubt me coz at the end of the day I'm just gonna carry on living my life as a fruitarian...

My only mission in life is to show to anyone that is interested that building muscle and getting in shape on a raw diet is possible....

Infact I'm at a loss as to why most of you guys are even trying to live on a raw diet if you are so doubtful that you can thrive on it in the long run....isn't that the whole point of doing this ...to thrive!!!!??

I have complete faith in what I'm doing....what about you?

Date: August 18, 2006 03:02PM

FO.. I fully believe I can thrive on a raw food diet or I wouldn't even do this.. the proof is in the pudding.. I don't live frutarian because that doesn't feel right at this moment.. I have met frutarians and they seem even more peaceful and full of light than those who are just raw. That's just my experience.

My only problem is past issues with food and life.. these issues come out the longer I stay eating this way... I am blown away by the short term argument too... your musculature does not come from working out for just 90 days eating fruit.

So man will you be in my calendar or what? I need more guys in it. I'm not offended either way

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 18, 2006 03:03PM

Well said TFO.

Date: August 18, 2006 04:37PM

Yeah Morrison...did you get my PM?

I don't know anyone that hasn't had issues with food...I think it's the nature of cooked food!!!!....I used to be the biggest comfort food eater going....

Just set your goals and work at achieving them in your own time and space....if it takes you a lifetime then so be it...

Date: August 18, 2006 04:48PM

FO.. no for some reason your pm didnt come through... if you want go ahead and email me directly at jazzymatt30@yahoo.com. As far as eating issues are concerned, they ebb the more I deal with things directly. It's funny that I never really accepted that juxtoposition before.

I'm not too worried about it anymore honestly. I love the path me and my family are on dearly and can't for the life of me see myself changing...

I'm going to start reading your forum FO...

Date: August 18, 2006 04:55PM

Yeah...your welcome to join up at my forum....EVERY physically active person is welcome to join... doesn't matter if your raw vegan or not.....I don't believe in preaching to the choir....just as long as everyone is respectful of the raw lifestyle...everyone is welcome!!!

Date: August 18, 2006 10:01PM

FO,

I don't doubt your word. i know people who have been fruitarian for as long as you have. And they are just as built as you are! For example Storm from [www.thegardendiet.com] and Dr. Doug Graham, a proffessional athlete trainer who advocates a fruitarian diet.

You know it works for you. All I'm saying is that some people need a higher protien or fat regime (maybe 50% of people), which is why many people fail on rawfoods trying to eat sweet fruit only. I have been doing raw for 5 years, when I talked to Gabriel Cousens (three years ago) he suggested more protien/fat, which is the raw diet that has worked for me ever sinse (4:3:3)% sweet&semi-sweet fruit/protien/fat... I am a fruitarian in the summer however, which is wonderful!

Date: August 19, 2006 01:25AM

I don't think it really matters as long as you are happy with what you are doing....

Date: August 19, 2006 01:54AM

Fruititarian One, I'm interested to know more about what you eat. I'm sorry, if I've offended you or anyone on this subject, (I'm just trying to figure it out), so I'm going to scratch it and go with your way. I just need to know what it is? Is it only watermelon and other fruits in season that you eat? Is it more of a mono-fruit-diet? Do you eat as much as you want? Not any vegetables? Nothing but, fruit? Is it ORGANIC fruit?

Date: August 19, 2006 12:38PM

Yeah buddy,
I just eat fruits (mono) in season and that's it no nuts,seeds,greens or water.

I ony eat when hugry and I stop when I'm satisfied....

hope that helped....

Date: August 19, 2006 09:26PM

Most of the fruitaruians I know/know of eat greens. Cant imagine no greens.

Whatever makes you happy though.

Date: August 19, 2006 10:29PM

innervegetable...

what I'm going to say isn't meant to incite you but I really don't understand why you would ask FO what he eats then not just simply say something to the affect of, "wow I didn't know you could have those results and just eat fruit alone." I don't understand the need to push the issue a little bit by saying, "Most of the fruitaruians I know/know of eat greens. Cant imagine no greens."

FO... don't worry I'm not rushing to your defense or anything. I feel confident you can take care of yourself but I've been giving this type of thing a lot of thought lately.

Innerveg... thanks for sharing though, seriously!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables