Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Feeling like i could fly away...
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:11AM

Greetings and blessings to all of you and I thank you in advance for your time and wisdom...

I have been noticing since i have been raw and even before when i have been fully vegan that i become really flighty... like i can't seem to keep my feet on the ground... meditation seems to be difficult for me as my thoughts become like a windy day in autumn with the leaves blowing everywhere and i seem to be like a puppy wanting to chase down everyone of them...

i simiply have just been paying attention to see how this pans out... and recently during a shamanic journey... we were to be going down into a tree... and it's as if someone filled me with helium... i had such a hard time going down because i felt as if i were going to float away...but i kept trying earnestly to go down...

it's frustrating... because there were some strong emotions that have come up and i would like to try and understand what happened there but when i try to meditate the fly away feeling comes back...

I have also been having dreams about meat again... people in my dreams telling me directly that i need to eat meat... that i don't need to tell anyone... just try it and see if i feel better... or another told me that it would definitely help me bulk up a bit... and i said i don't want the bulk but the strength would be nice...

Now I do understand that one can survive on a raw foods diet perfectly healthfully...even taking it back to just vegan... absolutely can be done...but i just find myself coming to this point of "head in the clouds"syndrome that i can't seem to get past with out the use of animal products... i really don't want to go back to that... but i also don't like this spacey feeling... can anyone relate or offer any suggestions...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Feeling like i could fly away...
Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:19AM

try to picture yourself killin each of the animals you
need" to eat. that's what it boils down to. are you willing to do that?

juicin' john

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:26AM

Have you considered holding the frequency of intense presence?
Practice living in the now?
If you live in the now, the spacey feeling will go.
it is impossible to be fully conscious and 'spacey'.

'Heads in the cloud syndrome' is deceptively addictive!
I suggest that just for now you......
Stop journeying
Stop meditating
Go and do some things that connect you to the earth like gardening etc.
Move, exercise, connect.
You have to be grounded in this world first in order to journey or meditate effectively.
ffx

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 15, 2009 11:58AM

hi luvyuu

try to take advantage of this state ( might as well)
things that you need wish or need to do that are very action oriented
work very well in this state
especially if it is physical

mine as much as you can from this state
then you can go to the next step
which is deeper and more meditative

but u need to start from the periphery
in order to get to the center

if one polarizes and says stillness is good and movement (flighty sensations) are bad

then that is what will be

but if one simply sees that they can both assist each other

like yin and yang

then things of value can take place

if u want to shortcut to the center
by eating meat

that might ultimately take you even more further out to the periphery
because the difficulties in digestion is very distracting to the body machinery

and it will act out its distractions in many ways

so i feel the best thing to do is to acknowledge that you feel like you could fly away

then take flight

then go towards restful center

or restfully take flight

it is possible
it can be done

just takes practice

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 15, 2009 02:08PM

I didn't like the feeling of super lightness either. The addition of some cooked foods lessened it immediately and enormously. Try it.
I had a craving for red meat the other day which was really weird because I always thought it tasted crap and haven't had any in ages. The next day I started my period. Ha ha. Time for some beets and spinach I'd say!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 15, 2009 02:24PM

luvyuu,

Everyone's suggestions are good. As for me: when I start to feel this way, I find it helps to consume more greens. You know you hear that greens are "grounding"? I though it was hokey at first, but . . . Good luck!

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: September 15, 2009 07:44PM

If you don't mind advice from a newbie I would suggest you take a vegan supplement if you are not doing so already. It seems to help ground me a little. Denser dehydrated foods and nuts are good. Maybe you could play around with higher fat and certainly the greens as you suggested.
Arrow xxx

Date: September 16, 2009 07:22PM

all food for thought... i have been adding more and more greens.. and i will keep on until i'm up to my ears in greens... or atleast I will try...

the meditation to ground is a nice idea... and i will practice...but it's hard to practice meditation on grounding when it's hard to ground to meditate in the first place...but it is something i need to work on... keeping my thoughts at bay...i start these meditation but it's as if i forget what i am doing... and then the next morning i wake up and realize i just turned over and went to sleep...arghhh... i'm frustrated with my brain right now......

worry not my find fruit and veggie eating friends... i have not given into the cravings for meat... i don't want to it's why i write to you for advice...

thank you...

love laugh and dream

Date: September 16, 2009 10:03PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> all food for thought... i have been adding more
> and more greens.. and i will keep on until i'm up
> to my ears in greens... or atleast I will try...
>
>
> the meditation to ground is a nice idea... and i
> will practice...but it's hard to practice
> meditation on grounding when it's hard to ground
> to meditate in the first place...but it is
> something i need to work on... keeping my thoughts
> at bay...i start these meditation but it's as if i
> forget what i am doing... and then the next
> morning i wake up and realize i just turned over
> and went to sleep...arghhh... i'm frustrated with
> my brain right now......
>
> worry not my find fruit and veggie eating
> friends... i have not given into the cravings
> for meat... i don't want to it's why i write to
> you for advice...
>
> thank you...
>
> love laugh and dream
>
>
>
> .

Sounds like your body is letting you know that sleep is what it needs right now
ffx

Date: September 17, 2009 05:34AM

you could be right about that... but where i am staying right now isn't letting me sleep very fully... i wake up several times...either to a full bladder... garden tools... construction work... sirens... yikes... i would love to wake up feeling rested... and the thing is i have a little trouble going to sleep as well... so i've been going to sleep late as well... argh!!!

love laugh and dream

Date: September 17, 2009 08:51AM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you could be right about that... but where i am
> staying right now isn't letting me sleep very
> fully... i wake up several times...either to a
> full bladder... garden tools... construction
> work... sirens... yikes... i would love to wake up
> feeling rested... and the thing is i have a little
> trouble going to sleep as well... so i've been
> going to sleep late as well... argh!!!
>
> love laugh and dream

luvyuu
OK, I hear you.
Argh!!!!( conflict) does not exist in the now.
So, a practical suggestion to locate the here and now.
Practice wakeful meditation.
This involves no sitting or lying down, no closing of eyes, so you can not fall asleep!
Become fully aware of your breath. Breathe in, breathe out, repeat, repeat, repeat, for the rest of your waking life.
Job done!
Love in the now smiling smiley
ffx

Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:07PM

I myself love feeling floaty, but not all the time of course. I can relate to the meat dreams, I have them myself at times. I guess it is just frustration, that almost everyone around you still eats meat while you don't. At least that is how I feel about them.

Some tips on grounding:

I don't think that grounding meditation will help you, you seem to have floated a bit too high for that grinning smiley
What you need now is to get your concentration back and you're feet on the ground.

My answer is exercise! That way you will ground yourself, and also sleep better which also is grounding. It has to be a long session of running or something, make sure you exercise long and hard enough. That way your mind will calm down, and before you now it you will have a blank mind.
Also eat grounding foods. Nuts and avocados, especially after the exercise.

What else... hmm. Focus a while on material things. Do something that needs logical thinking.

That are my two best tips for SOS grounding smiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2009 04:17PM

get a piece of rope
put some weights to it
tie the rope around one ankle

do the same for the other ankle

that ought to do the trick

works for megrinning smiley

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 17, 2009 06:38PM

I've found that grass juice of almost any palatable species has the needed nutrition to abate the spacey feeling, often a symptom of starvation imho. The other greens and foods can help but grass is the best. Wheatgrass is the best of the grasses I have tried and can even supply the needed nutrition as an implant.

Date: September 17, 2009 09:26PM

so i should probably not go swimming after i tie a couple of rocks around my ankles aye La_veronique... lol... but i just may try this... and yes the exercise sounds like a great idea... i went for a fast walk this morning... it was nice...thinking about getting back into capoiera... also courting the idea of surfing... though i'm not sure the floating is such a good idea though seeing how i'm a beginner i usually spend most of my time getting pummeled by the waves... it's sort of grounding... got a new bike too...and have a roommate who's training for a half marathon... so probably the universe is telling me the same thing and i just need to get my butt in gear... it's true i do feel like i've flown a bit to high... why is it that i envy the pizza eating meat heads... it drives me crazy....

is wheat grass hard to grow??? would sunflower greens be as good?

love laugh and dream

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 18, 2009 04:16PM

Here's a recent thread on wheatgrass. A search of the forum will reveal hundreds more. Sunflower greens aren't nearly as good as grass.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 04:19PM by brome.

Posted by: rawdoc ()
Date: September 20, 2009 12:43AM

Hi GBK,

I was trying to reach you before about a position in the Caribbean, we spoke about this earlier this year. Would love to talk to you again. Glad to see you are still going strong.

I hope this is why you are feeling flighty.

JKSF

Date: September 22, 2009 02:28AM

Hey JKSF... yes i'm still going strong... it's good to hear from you... how are things going for you? you can email me if you like luvyuu@gmail.com...

so as for all the flightiness.. well i think the exercise has helped... i also pulled out my drum and played for like 2 hours... i think that helped too... i played capoiera... i went for a run... i went body boarding... i haven't done any today... but it's been good... I will pay attention and see if this helps...

love laugh and dream

Date: September 22, 2009 09:58AM

Pleased to hear that you have your centre through movement.
ffx

Posted by: rawdoc ()
Date: September 22, 2009 10:59AM

Hi Luvyuu,

Just in case you did not get my mail, you can also e-mail me at jksfisher@gmail.com

JKSF

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 22, 2009 12:19PM

Guys, I know this is a great site full of lovely people and all but publicly posting your email is how you get attacked by spam. You know you can write it like this and avoid all that...

jksfisher at gmail dot com

Just a little tip.

Date: September 22, 2009 11:11PM

hi luvyuu

u said that you do capoeira, right?

well, i have a question

and that is

that i never understood capoeira

i mean, i've seen a lot of it

but i didn't understand it strategically

feet are kicking in the air

and the hands are on the ground

i am sure there are strategies there

like if your torso is close to the ground

it is like "not there"

so you are keeping that area from being attacked cuz its like hidden in the shell of the way the body curves towards the ground

but that being said

feet in the air?

isn't that destabilizing?

i would think that even kicking above the waist

is not a good idea

because the opponent could easily grab the kick , deflect it etc

then you go flying off and land on the ground

ouch

so i was wondering what the advantages of capoeira are

just keeping an open mind

Date: September 23, 2009 01:02AM

Capoeira is a fight disguised as a dance... so the slaves in brazil could train themselves to fight with out the master being the wiser and escape......so the idea is flow... instead of grabbing a kick or even deflecting it so much i move out of the way... and it is also about balance... if i leave a part of me vulnerable yes i may get kicked but if i am in an odd position i also may get a foot pulled out from under me...so you have to be connected to the earth... it's not all about fancy kicks and tricks... it's a game as well... the trick may be like a jester... fooling you into an open position so he can get you... it's considered a game...we play capoeira and when 2 people are in a harmonious flow it is very beautiful...to watch and to experience...but there is also another side to this... a spiritual side... where they believe that each person has an Orisha a spirit... a soul really but if my orisha and your Orisha get a long... great... but if they don't it can be a very strong fight in the game... people have been killed in Roda's... i prefer to enjoy the dance...flow and balance of it... you must be very grounded to play capoiera well... you must always know where the ground is... and where you feet are...in relation to it...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 23, 2009 04:33AM

I really am trying to understand your feelings here luvyuu.
Is this basically an anxiety feeling?
During meditation?
If so I understand.
Back in 1989 I went thru a "sleep anxiety" period for 6 months where as soon as I drifted off I awoke with very disorienting anxiety.Like I had had a nightmare.
It was hell,but eventually went away.

Vinny

Date: September 23, 2009 07:31AM

I don't know if it's anxiety... it's just this feeling like i can't keep my feet on the ground as if someone has filled me up with helium... when i try to meditate i can't stay focused... i start thinking about all kinds of things... and then bring myself back to the mediation and then i'm off again...in some crazy thoughts... and then sometimes i even forget that i am trying to meditate and roll over to go to sleep... i wake up in the morning thinking darn i was gonna meditate... maybe it's a mental thing... memory thing...

love laugh and dream

Date: September 23, 2009 10:28AM

luvyuu :

u said:

Capoeira is a fight disguised as a dance... so the slaves in brazil could train themselves to fight with out the master being the wiser and escape......so the idea is flow... instead of grabbing a kick or even deflecting it so much i move out of the way... and it is also about balance... if i leave a part of me vulnerable yes i may get kicked but if i am in an odd position i also may get a foot pulled out from under me...so you have to be connected to the earth..

So, Okay, I am trying to understand. You said that you wouldn't grab a kick but instead move out of the way. I agree. My question however was this:

Why would someone kick with their hands on the ground? This mystified me however I felt that there must be an answer. I was just ignorant of it. I am still unsure even from your response but I would really love to know because it intrigues me and I know that there is always a reason.

Also, what is Orisha. Is it the same as spirit? what is Roda? Does it mean fight?
i would rather learn from u then looking up everything from an impersonal computer site. Hope you don't mind me asking.

Thanks for telling me a little background about capoeira. This is very interesting.

Date: September 23, 2009 11:55PM

Roda it is a clearing in the woods in Portuguese and when they were running from their masters they would say meet in the Roda... now it is the circle that you play capoiera in...

Orisha is a type of spirit or deity that reflects one of the manifestations of God

I suppose we kick with our hands on the ground for different reasons... one as a balance thing one hand and one foot on the ground while using one foot to kick gives a sort of spin and the hand helps for balance and some times speed...

another reason would be for the flow... if i am off balance and can fall to my hands then i can kick with my feet being free'd from the ground... i guess it's sort of like being a monkey or a gorilla some people kick with out having anything on the ground...you really have to be in the moment to play well... and ready for anything... there are different moves to be learned but when in the Roda you can put anything on the floor except your clothes...which means hands feet and head even...but nothing else... it's actually a lot of fun...

I don't mind you asking at all...

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables