Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long have you been raw vegan?
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 15, 2009 07:54PM

Just curious how long you have been raw vegan?

For me, (I'm not 100%, more 80%), but I've been on this journey for about 1 1/2 years.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long have you been raw vegan?
Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 15, 2009 08:30PM

Me about 3 years and loving it !!! God is good. I am grateful for this knowledge. I had so many discomforts and illnesses and have even forgotten them now, after going raw vegan. Yes God is good!!!

Best Regards
Anu

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 15, 2009 09:04PM

I have been all fresh raw vegan since Aug 1, 2007 with a few "slips" that have served as stepping stones in the learning process. It has been my experience that the closer I can get to all raw the better it works for me for a couple of reasons:

1) I find that the cravings from the old habits fade as I stay raw. Any cooked food I eat causes the cravings for the old cooked food addictions to stay and grow.

2) Compromised raw dosn't work as well for me because it muddies the waters so to speak. Analogy: compromises are like taking a bath to get clean but keeping on pouring junk in the bath water. I find that even a little compromise muddies up the water. To get clean it helps me to have the cleanest bath water I can manage.

Date: September 15, 2009 11:36PM

I have been a raw vegan since April 2007 and I can't imagine anything sweeter. Eating food that taste great and keeps me healthy!

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: September 16, 2009 06:52AM

Two months and four days and loving it smiling smiley

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 16, 2009 10:35AM

ive been doing this for 2 1/2 months. vegan for about 3 weeks to be honest. i ate some fish once as i was feeling so bad. for some reason i thought it would make me feel better. it did. but the reasons why is that my body was still craving toxins. now i have vowed to be vegan for ever. Meat causes cancer and i no longer feel its right for humans to kill animals. we are not ment to kill other spiecies. we dont have the claws or the speed. Our intestens are not made for eating meat. and if you do chew meat it does not break down.

I used to not be against killing animals now it dawned on me why people are against this. ive really leant alot form being raw. im glad i made the choice.

For ibd there are 2 choices you can make. you can do the scd diet or raw. but i saw alot of weakness in scd so i chose raw.

Date: September 16, 2009 11:23PM

Interesting, so I guess no one on this board has been at this longer than 3 years. I thought there would have been some long timers on here, he he. Good luck to allsmiling smiley

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 16, 2009 11:31PM

I started my raw vegan transition over 8 years ago. This Christmas will be my 8 year anniversary of being 100% raw (well, minus the questionable stuff in gourmet raw foods). I started the high fruit raw diet about 7.5 years ago. By the time I went to the high fruit raw diet, I quit using honey, so my diet was all raw vegan.

So for me, over 7.5 years all raw vegan.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 17, 2009 01:08AM

There are more than three or four people on this board.... I think I might be raw for a few years if I had more money back then and not kept drifting back, but maybe it was all part of the learning process.

The people who are long-timers usually don't come here as often because they have reached their goal, the ultimate success: being 100 percent raw without any need for help or support.

I couldn't agree more about the compromising = muddying the waters thing. Compromising is a slippy slope and soon it all falls apart, you're neither here nor there, you're addicted and can't stop eating them, etc.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:10AM

I don't think being a successful raw foodist is as much about how long a person has been raw as it is about how they approach the endeavor.

Date: September 17, 2009 09:13AM

Idont think it matters about being 100% raw, for me i can not eat raw broccoli so i have to steam it (but only very lightly). i find that broccolie can be really hard on my intestines and it can be painful, if I ate it raw. But I love broccoli so I have to have it.

Bryan that is impressive for so long. Do you take a b12 supplement or any supplements. i need to know as im worryed about becoming ill in the future with the b12 thing.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 17, 2009 09:44AM

Hi
Since 2004
Major and minor U turns along the way. Learnt loads from them!
Mainly total these days.
Mainly fruit veggies and greens in the form of juices smoothies and whole foods.
ffx

Date: September 17, 2009 12:20PM

I was just curious. It makes sense though that long timers probably wouldn't be on here most of time. I hadn't thought of that. Interesting to hear inputs. Bryan you should write an article with all that you have learned. I'd love to learn from you and your long experience. Thank you all for being so helpfulsmiling smiley Happy Thursdaysmiling smiley

Date: September 17, 2009 03:13PM

HelloKitty, have you tried getting organic broccoli? I never eat the non-organic stuff raw either as it gives me a headache.

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: September 17, 2009 06:00PM

12 1/2 years

"For no man can serve two masters... Either he serves death or he serves life. I tell you truly, happy are those that do the laws of life and wander not upon the paths of death."

-Essene Gospel of Peace, Book 1 [www.geocities.com]

Date: September 17, 2009 06:40PM

for all the long timers I would love to hear about your experiences.

My only fears of raw as i journy further is b12. this is the only thing i see so far we can get deficient in.

I take supplements but ive only been doing this for 2 months (with some slips) so I would really like to know, are you taking supplements of b12, if so have they worked for you, or do you get injections of b12.

sometimes i think i should grow my own veg. and not wash it and just eat it. i think that may help with b12

SuperInfinty i will buy organic broccoli and try this, tonight i ate a whole head of broccoli, delicious

Date: September 17, 2009 08:18PM

Excellent HelloKitty, and just remember how much extra nutrients, enzymes and everything else you're getting when you eat it raw. smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

Personally I really love the taste of it raw. smiling smiley

As for b12... I hugely doubt there is any way you could become deficient while taking it even in very small quantaties. It's only after you've become deficient that it might be hard to become "undeficient" instantly, it might take a little while.

There is no difference whatsoever if it comes in supplement form with this vitamin. Often they actually take it from a natural source, so it's the same as if you ate from that source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2009 08:20PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 17, 2009 09:06PM

Lizard,

There are 3 articles on this page that are written by me.

Date: September 18, 2009 04:34PM

On facebook, I have a lot of friends who are over 10 years 100% raw foodist

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: September 23, 2009 05:36PM

hk,

I do take a B12 supplement, but have not tested my B12 levels in a long time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables