Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Digestion
Date: September 16, 2009 04:46PM

How long do you have to be on raw plant food to get yourself back to normal digesting your foods.

I was always 75 to 85% raw, then lost it for awhile, and now I'm back to 90% raw.

I'm having a terrible time being able to digest my food. I feel bloated and tired all the time. Can you suggest anything that will make my journey smoother.

-Dee

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Digestion
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 16, 2009 06:56PM

deegarry@yahoo.com

I feel bloated and tired all the time. Can you suggest anything that will make my journey smoother.

I'm not sure if this will help but I'll let you be the judge of that. When I have made my "slips" and allowed some cooked food (mostly not prepared by me) back into my diet an interesting thing has happened. I get bloated, tired, and thirsty. This has happened every time I have slipped and lasted until I got back to an all fresh raw diet again. My theory about this phenomenon is that its the chemical salt in the cooked food that is causing the problems for me. It makes sense to me that the chemical salt is the culprit because it is well known that table (chemical) salt causes the body to hang onto extra water which causes the bloat. I think the tired is a reaction by the body to the non-plant salt as a foreign substance that could possibly be shorting out some of the body's tiny electrical signals ? This is just a theory of mine based on my own observations. You may want to try a simple experiment and eliminate ALL chemical salt from your diet and see what happens. Be sure not to eliminate plant salt as the body needs natural salt as it is when incorporated into a plants structure. If this is the problem or is contributing to the problem it shouldn't take long to get positive results after eliminating the chemical salt from your diet. Good luck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2009 07:04PM by EZ rider.

Date: September 16, 2009 10:31PM

Thank you EZ rider for your response. It has been almost 3 weeks that I've been eating all raw foods, except for Agave, Olive oil, dried spices and herbs. I hate to go to the bathroom, and I have been so lazy and weak. I can't wait until I have more energy!!

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 16, 2009 10:43PM

I have severe bloating reactions to certain foods

Juicing /blending/ mono eating has helped me when i have found myself in this position.
I also eliminate all condiments and spices, I feel that they slow up my healing process.
ffx

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:14PM

I get thirsty and tired when I increase cooked foods even slightly. I eat one small cooked vegan meal (dinner) but sometime if I have to eat cookedfor lunch, thats it. Even though its vegan, I get thirsty, tired and bloated. For you, as you are all raw and feel bloated, I say try juice fasting for few days if you can.. It helps train the digetive system to handle raw fresh foods rather than cooked. After that I am sure you will feel good eating fresh raw fruits etc.,

Just my thoughts..

Take care
Anu

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:54PM

I also find that any salt added back into my diet (cooked vegetable dishes or seaweed salads with added salt/tamari) cause bloating and gas, discomfort, and water retention- mainly in my lower legs and ankles. I also notice that oil-based dressings aren't best for my digestion. I tried to get away with eating these by taking digetive enzymes with my meals, but it still doesn't really help- I'm learning I'm feeling much better when I don't cave in to cravings and stick with my green smoothies and high fruit diet. Just a day of simple smoothies and I'm feeling better, and after a few days the bloating and water retention are pretty much gone. Mono-mealing melon in the morning and drinking enough water also is a big help.

Date: September 18, 2009 04:26PM

Petrichor, I like what you said "Mono-Mealing Melon in the Mornings" MMMMM

So now I will take all your advice and what I read:

No salt, no oil, no spices, no condiments! Yes to juicing, mono meals, more fruits, and blending!

Thank you, I will try anything up to this point! I am getting desperate!

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 18, 2009 07:05PM

deegarry@yahoo.com Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Petrichor, I like what you said "Mono-Mealing
> Melon in the Mornings" MMMMM
>
> So now I will take all your advice and what I
> read:
>
> No salt, no oil, no spices, no condiments! Yes to
> juicing, mono meals, more fruits, and blending!
>
> Thank you, I will try anything up to this point!
> I am getting desperate!

deegarry@yahoo.com

I understand that desperate feeling to move away from bloating. Speedy healing1
i just remembered... be careful not to eat over ripe fruit. It can cause bloating.
ffx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables