Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Effective Raw Food Communication
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:03PM

Hey guys.

Around spring, a spate of rather ugly raw food arguments were springing up online. At the time, I decided to record a video on how to talk to raw foodists with other nutrition philosophies, and also a addressed talking to loved ones and leading by example.

I didn't get around to posting it till the other day, but I think it can still be of some use.

Hope you enjoy: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Effective Raw Food Communication
Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: September 17, 2009 02:17PM

Excellent! grinning smiley This is really something I need to hear, hah. Man I think I have angered a few people with my views on the meat industry and all that...

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 17, 2009 03:03PM

What we put in our mouths is so up to the individual,that it is pretty much on a spiritual level.No one wants to have anyone threaten their own food choices.I can understand how it can raise up great anger in a heated argument.
My philosophy is to eat how I know is best for me, and, at the most,kindly suggest that someone else maybe "increase their intake of raw fruits and veggies".

Vinny

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 17, 2009 06:30PM

Andrew,
I watched your videos.
Relax buddy.
For the rest of our lives there will be people who totally agree with our way of eating,and others that dont.
Personally,I eat how I think is best, and its totally immaterial what others think of it.

Vinny

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 17, 2009 07:30PM

I admire your courage for posting your thoughts.

My thoughts...
Communicating your thoughts online is an art in itself!
It takes some practice!

Its not necessarily that people are trying to win arguments or beat others down.
Some 'heated arguments' appear to be misunderstood posts by the audience met.

I know that i have posted, read the response and realised that my point had been missed, or that i had not managed to explain my point in a way that i wished others to receive. That can be quite frustrating.

Also, humour adds another dimension.
I don't take life very seriously.
Tension and irritability are an invitation for me to test! This does not translate well over the W.W.W!
I also prefer the direct approach. I have realised that this does not sit well with some.
So, yes, there is some aggression, attempts at domination and personal attacking displayed occasionally. Thankfully, most are friendly food fights!

Focus on all of the precious peaceful loving effective communication that lives and thrives online and simply leave the rest!
ffx

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 17, 2009 09:35PM

Good one, Andrew. The precepts here apply to so many aspects of life--remain humble, do your own work, model, don't lecture--and act as good advice on how to be someone that makes a positive difference and is liked and respected by others : )

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: September 20, 2009 05:34PM

Good point. Thanks for sharing. Therese

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables