Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Newbie to Raw Foods
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:20AM

I'm on my second day eating all raw vegan. My first step in Phase I of Gabriel Cousens's Rainbow Green Live Food Cuisine book. I'm doing this in an effort to push out a chronic infection and have a happier healthier life. My friends and family have offered me encouragement and God is on my side in this small up hill struggle but, I was interested in learning about the experiences of others. I'm wondering if I could get any tips.

I struggling right now primarily with the absence of ANY sugar, and bread (which I'm hopelessly addicted to). I have yet to stumble on my path toward optimum health, but I'm sure I'll need all the help I can get in the weeks to come.

Thanks for considering.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Newbie to Raw Foods
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 18, 2009 12:27AM

i found eating really perfect ripe fruit helps with the sugar addcition smiling smiley sweet peaches, sweet plums , sweet bananas .. all you can eat of what ever sweet juicy fruit smiling smiley

welcome to the site !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 18, 2009 01:11AM

Welcomesmiling smiley
Bravo on your decision to eat raw!
I find it truly the best way to eat,although I do struggle with cravings for the bread and some cooked veggies.
I have a long history of depression,and more recently gout in my right foot,and eating raw has helped with it all.Basically cured them.
It has even extended into my spiritual life,as many of my posts reflect on this board.
Keep on posting and good luck.
God Bless.

Vinny

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: September 18, 2009 06:23AM

Lots of basics, recipes, articles...on my website and blogs.

www.rawforlife.co.uk
www.debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com

Very best wishes!

Date: September 18, 2009 07:33AM

"i found eating really perfect ripe fruit helps with the sugar addcition smiling smiley sweet peaches, sweet plums , sweet bananas .. all you can eat of what ever sweet juicy fruit smiling smiley"
-Jgunn

To bad I can eat fruit! lol
I look forward to a banana after my three months are over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 07:36AM by lilladybug.

Date: September 18, 2009 07:39AM

Thanks for your kind words I really appreciate the encouragement!

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: September 18, 2009 09:16PM

I understand that on the Phase 1 part of the Cousins regimen, you cannot eat fruit.

I would say that you might want to make sure that you are eating enough. Get your tummy FULL every meal, focusing on the non-sweet fruit and veggies that you are allowed to eat. Getting plenty of nutrients is the best (and only) way to calm cravings. If your body is not getting enough, it will clamor for 'something'... and you will have cravings.

Try not to eat a lot of fatty foods, like avocados, olives, and nuts/seeds. Have some, yes, as the program allows, but try to not 'fill up' on them.

Hope things go very well for you! smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables