Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Weight Loss Theory.
Posted by: darkw00ds ()
Date: September 18, 2009 07:05PM

I believe the weight loss theory is the ammount of calories reduced from eating Raw foods, as raw foods are difficult to eat large ammounts of.

The type of weight loss on Raw food diet is usually fat ANd muscle muss loss at the same time, but physiques are usually, ultimately ending in super-skinny.

I think this is due to the fact that once you run out of muscle to lose, then you begin losing more fat.

I dont think this directly loses fat, but both muscle and fat at the same time.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weight Loss Theory.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2009 07:32PM

No, you are all wrong.

What "Weight Loss Theory"? What are you even talking about???

Your muscles grow better on a raw vegan diet. If there is any truth to the idea that animal protein helps build muscles, well it's only in an unnatural, less-than-optimal way. What are you going to do when you're 60+ then? Your body is developed for muscles, but you can't continue to keep them up forever. They will all shrink {probably a lot more than if you built them up on raw vegan) and your body will be all out of proportion.

I'm in the process of toning my abs and arms to their optimal value {both for looking at and for health) by sitting in the correct way, or at least sitting without having something at my back most of the time {although turns out it's very hard to do while driving).

I have always had slender arms and like them like that. However I'm hoping that by not using my back all the time while resting, I'll be using both my arms and abs/torso so they'll be building up a bit, especially my abs and back muscles.

My arms are so ridiculously skinny it's funny. They're basically just a bone, they've been this way even when I was 11 and a half stone. Even the skinniest of arms on beauty model girls aren't as skinny as my ones {unless I flex them). I don't really care, in fact I hope they always stay this way. They're toned and I think they look good.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 07:37PM by SuperInfinity.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 18, 2009 08:29PM

The best way to keep up any muscle mass while losing weight is to work them in a resistance program.
I do believe that eating raw foods results in the chance of less overall daily calories,as opposed to eating tons of animal products.
I also believe you can maintain muscle tone just as well,or even better,on a raw vegan diet compared to one with lots of animal protein.
I use myself as an example.
I am just as big,if not bigger and more toned now,than I EVER was on tons of animal protein foods.
Plain and simple.
Life is a laboratory.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 08:30PM by eaglefly.

Date: September 18, 2009 08:38PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The best way to keep up any muscle mass while
> losing weight is to work them in a resistance
> program.

Why is that the best way? Why should you put your body through resistance? Something it inherently doesn't want to do?

Sit properly or at least with no back to your chair, that will give you the abs you want. Walk around a lot and flex your muscles as if you were picking fruit, that will give you everything else. My leg muscles are so well-toned.

Date: September 18, 2009 08:59PM

I am more bodybuilding oriented and so work out with weights.
Thats just my school of thought.
And my particular muscles seem to sing as they contract to lift the weightssmiling smiley
Perhaps the activities you mentioned are just as effective in preserving muscle mass.

Vinny

Posted by: darkw00ds ()
Date: September 19, 2009 12:06AM

I respectfully disagree with both of you. This is from observence of raw foods and their effect on my body and a regular diet.

everytime I eat raw I lose just as much fat and muscle simutaneously, also most 100% raw foodist are skin and bones.

vinny, I would like to see a picture example to back up your Theory.

Superinfinity, sitting "up right" has no effect on developing abs. Ab exercises and body fat percentage will be the ultimate result in wether your abs will be toned or not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 12:10AM by darkw00ds.

Date: September 19, 2009 12:46AM

darkwoods,
At this point I am wondering what is your point?
I sense you are struggling whether to eat raw or not.??

My measurements are at least as big, if not bigger,eating raw,than at anytime before eating tons of very expensive protein powders and pills,and a full can of tuna fish every day,and beef and poultry.

Vinny

Date: September 19, 2009 02:05AM

Google Richard Blackman for great pics of a beefy fruitarian. He looks great.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 19, 2009 05:22AM

fOne thing about weight loss from eating raw foods is the skin bounces back and does not sag. When people lose weight by eating the standard diet the skin tends to sag and stay wrinkled. One thing I read is sometimes people tend to become rail thin when eating raw foods yet if they persist on the diet their body will plump up to its proper weight. Paul Nissan talks a lot about this.
No matter what I think the raw diet is the best for the human body.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 19, 2009 09:35AM

pampam Wrote:
> fOne thing about weight loss from eating raw foods
> is the skin bounces back and does not sag. When
> people lose weight by eating the standard diet the
> skin tends to sag and stay wrinkled. One thing I
> read is sometimes people tend to become rail thin
> when eating raw foods yet if they persist on the
> diet their body will plump up to its proper
> weight. Paul Nissan talks a lot about this.
> No matter what I think the raw diet is the best
> for the human body.

I totally agree with what pampam has posted here.
It has been my experience that the skin does bounce back ,you loose and then rebuild.
A raw diet is best for the human body, mind and spirit!
ffx

Date: September 19, 2009 01:48PM

It has been my experience that a raw diet, in combination with weight and cardio training is a much better method of weight loss, than a typical cooked diet while working out at the gym.

Three years ago, I paid a personal trainer to help my daughter and I lose weight. She beat us to a pulp doing weight training and heavy cardio. We lost weight, but also abused our bodies to the point that both of us required knee surgery. She also insisted that we consume a diet of lean animal protein, yuck! Slowly, the weight also came back.

About two months ago, I took it upon myself to research the raw diet after reading a book about the chemicals, additives and such that is added to the products that are a "typical" american diet. They say that knowledge is power and I feel very powerful now. My daughter and I work out three times a week, but much less intensely. We bike and play racquetball much more than weight train. We are about 60 - 75% raw. We have alot of smoothies with great emphasis on the "green" smoothie. We are both losing weight, not alot, which I think indicates that we are still building muscle, but we are losing alot of inches. I have lost two jean sizes in two months! My daughter bought a dress two months ago that now will need to be altered to keep it on her body! It is amazing, When I personal trained, my skin sagged. Now I am actually losing cellulite from my legs and my skin is more resilient and glowing. My nails grow like crazy and they are strong now, they used to split easily. Both my daughter and I are experiencing clearing skin and I could not be more thrilled about our lifestyle change.

Date: September 20, 2009 12:36AM

1goneraw,
That is great!
Continued success on your workouts and raw eating.

Vinny

Date: September 20, 2009 12:37AM

Wow 1goneraw, my congrats as well! Super excellent news that you're doing this along with your daughter, I applaud you both smiling smiley

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 20, 2009 12:59AM

darkw00ds Wrote:
> The type of weight loss on Raw food diet is
> usually fat ANd muscle muss loss at the same time,
> but physiques are usually, ultimately ending in
> super-skinny.
Water is lost first, making the body appear to
have lost Fat and Muscle. The body will then consume Fat,
but not muscle unless a Starvation Mode is reached. Don't
worry....you'll never get there.....WY
P.S. I think super-skinny is Sexy if the Body has curves (muscles).

Date: September 20, 2009 02:33PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> darkw00ds Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The type of weight loss on Raw food diet is
> > usually fat ANd muscle muss loss at the same
> time,
> > but physiques are usually, ultimately ending in
> > super-skinny.
> Water is lost first, making the body appear to
> have lost Fat and Muscle. The body will then
> consume Fat,
> but not muscle unless a Starvation Mode is
> reached. Don't
> worry....you'll never get there.....WY
> P.S. I think super-skinny is Sexy if the Body has
> curves (muscles).

Yes, super skinny is highly sexy. This is an example of just how twisted this world is that people have been trained to think that there's something wrong with super skinny people and their natural attraction to them is wrong. Super skinny is the NORMAL human anatomy.

Date: September 20, 2009 02:58PM

>
> Yes, super skinny is highly sexy. This is an
> example of just how twisted this world is that
> people have been trained to think that there's
> something wrong with super skinny people and their
> natural attraction to them is wrong. Super skinny
> is the NORMAL human anatomy.

I tend to agree with that viewpoint.
It is "normal" to see people with beer bellies and big thighs these days.
But as a person who has been into body building I can also look at a picture of a very developed physique (and I am not referring to the Olympia level guys you see these days,who I think are kinda grotesque) and that also appears normal to me.
Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Vinny

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 20, 2009 03:16PM

SuperInfinity Wrote:
> ......... Super skinny
> is the NORMAL human anatomy.
In a perfect World.....
Let's bring it closer to Home. How's your Anatomy
looking these days? Mine needs a little work....WY

Date: September 21, 2009 07:41PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> SuperInfinity Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ......... Super skinny
> > is the NORMAL human anatomy.
> In a perfect World.....
> Let's bring it closer to Home. How's your Anatomy
>
> looking these days? Mine needs a little work....WY

I used always be 11 to 11 and a half stone before I went raw, now I'm dead on 10 stone all the time (if I want to push it, I can go on the scales nude in the morning and get a result of 9' 10 or so). And I'm six foot, you might stretch it to six one if we're talking half inches first thing in the morning.

The reason yours mightn't be so good is because of a certain level of permanent metabolic syndrome your years of eating processed food gave you.

Trust me: Looking good has got *NOTHING* to do with being self-disciplined or doing special exercises or any of that NONSENSE and *EVERYTHING* to do with living as you're evolved to live.

I'm not a disciplined person in the slightest. I very rarely do anything I don't want to do. I used to be a slacker in school except when I really needed to work. I used to be unhygienic and lazy. I'm still lazy... the only difference is that I realised that being unhygienic isn't something natural at all, our ancestors were never unhygienic... germs, dust, sweat left on clothes etc. are all modern phenomena.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/21/2009 07:44PM by SuperInfinity.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables