Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alkaline Body and Salmonella
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 18, 2009 11:59PM

does anyone know if having an alkaline body (from eating living foods) can stop the effects of salmonella? Of course I am referring to salmonella in vegetables.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alkaline Body and Salmonella
Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 19, 2009 04:57PM

I don't understand. Are you getting salmonella from your vegetables? Pwehaps if you have this fear check into washing your food in peroxide or apple cider vineger those are two things I know that safely sterelize things. But check into it because I am not sure
Pam

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 20, 2009 05:08AM

Salmonella comes from the digestive systems of animals. The only way it could get on your vegetables is if the veggies were washed with tainted water.

If a very healthy raw foodist eats some tainted vegetables, there will probably be little if any symptoms. Bacteria live off of dead and dying cells, which there are plenty of those in a person eating SAD, but a person doing raw foods for a few years who is in great health will not have a lot of dead and dying cells in their body.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:48AM

Bryan,
What about e-coli?

The reason I am asking is because of the past scares in the news about organic spinach and other vegetables. We know the government is trying to treat our foods to stop the incidences of these break outs by pasteurizing almonds etc....

I agree with you that a person who has been on a raw food diet over time could not harbor the bacteria to carry the salmonella etc, but has it been proven?

Thanks for your response.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables