Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

my husband needs to go raw
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 21, 2009 01:41PM

ive been trying to make my husband go raw. but he finds it difficult. like he likes his ceral in the morrning and he like beans on toast for lunch. Well today he saw blood. and now i really think it is nessary for him to go raw. I dont know what the blood was but i really want him to go raw today. to me the blood looked worse than what i had from colitis,(saying that i havent had masses of blood as i have proctitis) is there any suggestions to make his trasition easy.

Im thinking of making some scd diet muffins at frist, but with out the eggs so they are vegan. I don't have a dehydrater yet which would help.

any other suggestions

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: my husband needs to go raw
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 21, 2009 02:58PM

honey you cant make anyone do anything they dont want to do smiling smiley Just provide the food and the love and the encouragement , then its up to him what direction he wants to take his health in smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 21, 2009 03:37PM

yea your right, i just dont want him to get something like cancer. or ibd for that matter.

i wanted my sister in law to go raw but she said she did not want to. so i cant make her. she is a celica. and she is at high risk of chrones or uc.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2009 04:37PM

It can be a very long road for most people HelloKitty. Unlike you it seems!!!

Ask him to try this: Any day he's off of work, try eating a yellow melon in the morning and nothing else. See how he feels after it. I used to do this when I was still semi-SAD and it helps to prove just how good raw is.

And the other thing is that people need to stuff their faces with raw food like never before. It's almost like a continuing fight!!! People think "oh well I tried raw but I'll never be satisfied with that food"... of course they will, they just have to eat MORE of it. This is partly where I think the whole "CR" thing can put people on the wrong track.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 21, 2009 04:43PM

With the changes you are makeing you can provide him the visual to encourage him to make the right choices. One family member is very unhealthy and drinks coke constantly however when I make green smoothies or fresh juices he is one who is asking for a glass of it. You can be his shineing light to lead the way. Unfortunately we cant force change for people. It took me years to see the light about smoking and make the change and I had lots of people asking me to quit.
Sounds like you are doing good though

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 21, 2009 06:48PM

Yes good advice from pampam - all you can do is lead by example. You can take a horse to water etc etc. No one wants to be told what to do however well meaning the advice is.

Your diet will have an effect on your husband - let him come to it when he is ready not when you are ready for him.

Date: September 21, 2009 09:41PM

yes great advice. he is interested in this raw diet. and said he had a raw lunch. i hope he comes into the raw world. he must as blood is bad bad news.

Date: September 21, 2009 10:16PM

Also HelloKitty I don't mean to pry but do you really need a dehydrator? Why not get all your food fresh? Yes it can be hard especially when you're out of the house, but if you are "militant" about it and ensure you always have enough it's very possible.

I was half-thinking of getting a dehydrator at one stage and I think not getting one was the best decision I ever made. I don't need one.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 22, 2009 12:22AM

dehydrators are great and lots of fun to experiment with making stuff as long as you dont rely on it for a major percentage of your staple food smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 22, 2009 09:56AM

....who needs to go raw?
ffx

Date: September 22, 2009 12:25PM

The thing is, even if someone is on the verge of trying to go raw or even interested in it, chances are someone telling them they "need" to do it or even thinking it and sending those vibes their way can push them away from it instead of bringing them closer. It comes from good intentions, I know, but it does more harm than good IMHO. The best way to influence someone is to show them a positive, vibrant, exstatically healthy living example of how it works at it's best and sadly, Hellokitty, this is not you. Not yet anyhow smiling smiley
What I'm saying to you is that in order for you to positively influence anyone towards raw or healthy living you yourself need to be a shining example of that. Working on fine tuning your own diet and most especially on being at peace with yourself and being centered in calm, confident, radiant health, that's how you'll attract your husband and others to a healthier way of life. The best way to help him is to continue helping yourself. You're on the path and doing well so far as I can see, keep it up and I anticipate that before you know it he'll be right beside you on this journey. How could anyone resist?

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 22, 2009 06:21PM

so well said coco

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 22, 2009 09:43PM

Hellokitty, I agree with coco that you are to be congratulated on your learning and progress and as you stay the course the benefits will show and speak for themselves.

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: September 22, 2009 10:16PM

Kitty,

I agree with the prior posters regarding suggesting an all raw diet. That's a journey we have to go through personally. At the same time, going vegan and including a a range of raw and cooked foods is a good first step. After all, there are advantages to including conservatively cooked foods to an otherwise all raw diet. [www.eatrightamerica.com] Best.

Kref

Date: September 22, 2009 10:38PM

Good to know Krefcenz, I make a lot of veggie soup in the wintertime for the kids and I. I'm not about to start cooking apples though tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: September 22, 2009 11:22PM

Krefcenz Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Kitty,
>
> I agree with the prior posters regarding
> suggesting an all raw diet. That's a journey we
> have to go through personally. At the same time,
> going vegan and including a a range of raw and
> cooked foods is a good first step. After all,
> there are advantages to including conservatively
> cooked foods to an otherwise all raw diet.
> [www.eatrightamerica.com]
> fault.aspx?article_id=372 Best.
>
> Kref

I dont agree that there are advantages to including conservatively
cooked foods to an otherwise all raw diet.
In my experience, fresh is best, fresh is natural.

'Cooking corn also has been shown to significantly boost its antioxidant activity, despite reduction in vitamin C.When the ability to quench free radicals was measured, cooked corn outperformed raw corn by between 25 to 50 percent. Cooking corn releases a compound called ferulic acid, which provides anti-cancer health benefits. Ferulic acid, a phytochemical, is unique in that it is found only in very low amounts in fruits and vegetables, but is found in very high amounts in corn. The availability to the body of ferulic acid can be increased 500 to 900 percent by cooking the corn.' [www.eatrightamerica.com]

Is processed/ cooked Ferulic acid (in a higher concentration than in its natural /raw state) a useful addition to the human diet?
It is often argued that processing and supplementing may actually be toxic.

More does not necessarily = better, in fact it may = harmful and toxic.

I place my trust in nature to pack my food!
For me, fresh is always the best!smiling smiley
ffx

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:25PM

> Is processed/ cooked Ferulic acid (in a higher
> concentration than in its natural /raw state) a
> useful addition to the human diet?
> It is often argued that processing and
> supplementing may actually be toxic.
>
> More does not necessarily = better, in fact it may
> = harmful and toxic.
>
> I place my trust in nature to pack my food!
> For me, fresh is always the best!smiling smiley
> ffx

I think it's a healthy debate. Natural selection is for species however, not individuals. Individual survival is may or may not support survival of the species. Nature knows best? Maybe, maybe not.

Date: September 25, 2009 05:45PM

My boyfriend of 8 years didn't want to go raw like me, so I never forced him, along with my son who was 7 years old when I started to think 'he has to eat all raw.' but I stopped myself and just ended up buying organic for them, and if I had to buy meat it was worth the 5 extra dollars when it was hormone free, antibiotic free, and no pesticides.

The more raw foods I had in my house, and the delisous meals I prepared, they began to taste them, and before I knew it, they now ask for them "can you make that thing-a-ma-jig with all those cucumbers" or "what was that dish with lots of herbs in them, make that" "ohhh make me a dip for my radishes" It still makes me smile because I love to make recipes and will stop what I'm doing just to know that they're benifiting from eating so well!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 25, 2009 07:38PM

Dee,

That was a great story--you are using Stealth Rawness to your family's advantage! They're lucky to have you : )

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: September 27, 2009 01:39PM

I think there needs to be balance between pressuring someone to go raw and not telling ill people that something might help them. I think the ideal thing is to provide the info and let them make up their own mind. So if someone tells you about their health problems and you know something that could help them you got to be the "Good Samaritan" and give them the option of choosing or rejection the solution. Fate (or their spirit guides) might have led them to you.

Date: September 28, 2009 05:47PM

>
> I think it's a healthy debate. Natural selection
> is for species however, not individuals.
> Individual survival is may or may not support
> survival of the species. Nature knows best?
> Maybe, maybe not.

Healthy in a kind of fictional sense maybe, like something that might work under some circumstances but not for you.

They have found bad things about some antioxidants in some circumstances even. Who wants to bet cooking is what releases these to harmful levels????

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables