Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

pros and cons or my raw diet
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:13PM

ok i will soon be on this diet for 3 months. so here are the poros and cons i have encountered

Pros.

blood tests are excellent
no uc urgecy
better energy
im not getting colds so better immunity
formed poos
no need for meds
love the foods

cons

there is only one which i get annoyed with. i seem to get constipated easily. this does result in hemmorids which is bad. if i get constipated too much it still could result in the removal of my colon.

the things that i have tried that make me the most consitpated are- blended salads and perhaps bananas. i wish they wouldent do this as i really like both of these in my diet. but any way no matter what i eat at the moment seems to do this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pros and cons or my raw diet
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 23, 2009 01:29PM

Hi

On the 18th Sept. you posted this

'ok as always my posts are about poos. i had a question about morrning bms. before i had uc i did 1 in the morrning, but now i do 2 in the morrning '

So I am a little confused about your question.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:17PM

Hellokitty,

Can you post a daily menu so we can see what you eating? Maybe some combinations aren't working, or not enough water?

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: September 23, 2009 02:18PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ........i seem
> to get constipated easily. this does result in
> hemmorids which is bad. if i get constipated too
> much it still could result in the removal of my
> colon.
'Slap...Slap'...snap out of this. Your constipation
comes from irregular eating habits. To relieve constipation, and
start healing your Body, start eating the same things, at the same
times, day-in and day-out.....WY

Date: September 23, 2009 02:46PM

yea i was great on the 18th but it seems that i am going into constipation further and further. i dont' know why. thats what it feels like this week. I know my body which is why i know i will have to make sure this does not happen.

my 1st morrning bm is always the hardes then it seems the 2nd is fine. but the 1st one i get bleeding. i have to prevent this. i just have a stupid colon. one week i think im doing fantastic the next week i think my colon hates me.

who knows im tired of my colon.

Date: September 23, 2009 03:23PM

Uh yes i think you are right Wheatgrass Yogi . my eating should be the same. im having a salad for lunch at 4.00 in the afternoon today. that is my lunch. it seems the constipation is from that of course. well i will really try aranging my work habbits. thats where im getting in trouble, as soon as i have a holiday im better. ok

well ok i will make a meal plan again. it seem every time i do this i get caught up in something at work and end up eating at different times every day.

what would i do with out you guys smiling smiley

Date: September 23, 2009 03:32PM

I forgot to wright that there is alot of pros, a lot, i just need to sort this one thing and i will be all good to go in my life smiling smiley healed like paul and klien.

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:32PM

Bananas which aren't fully ripe can cause constipation, be sure and wait until they're generously spotted to eat them.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: September 23, 2009 03:49PM

Off the top of my head this should help you -

Start by spacing your meals further apart

eat enough and do not overeat at those meals which is something you have to judge for you only and not by comparing to others or counting calories

stick to simpler meals

add greens if you can handle them as well as remember, you may be better off limited here

go easy on the raw vegetables or it may be the opposit for yourself

go easy on fat

Get away from blending and juicing and eat the food whole

try not to eat after 6:00

don't eat too much fruit at one sitting

make sure the bananas are well ripened and in the banana area,
stick to organic if you can.

make sure the fruit is well ripened

don't eat more than 2 fruits in the same family at one meal

Finally, you are dealing with UC, which other variables beyond food will effect constipation, so don't blame food too easy at times

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/23/2009 03:50PM by tanawana.

Date: September 23, 2009 03:54PM

Ohhh raw preston you have just drawn up another error i have made. I do know to eat brown spoted bananas but sometimes i get in a rush and the supermarket only has the yellow ones. so i just eat them as i cant find spoted ones. i need to organize. i didnt know that the yellow would make you constipated though, this is important.

ok my next step is to not eat yellow bananas and to measure water. ill get it right.

Posted by: Mean One ()
Date: September 23, 2009 04:12PM

How many bananas are you eating per day?

Date: September 23, 2009 04:50PM

10 or 15 sometimes

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 23, 2009 05:24PM

bananas do the same to me. I don't find brown bananas either. I was eating the yellow ones like 4 or 5 a day and had teh same issue like you hellokitty. Now I stopped bananas and hopefully will get better...

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: September 23, 2009 05:33PM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> if i get constipated too much it still could result in the removal of my colon.

Removing your colon would be the biggest mistake of your life.

Date: September 23, 2009 05:50PM

oh i dont want it removed i will keep going with raw. i will do anything to avoid that possible. i do over eat as well, which is a problem, but i think i should cut out bananas until this constipation is over, then i may add a couple. not 10 though I know klien recommeds just sweet fruits mostly. i bought some mangos for breakfast. i will have those

i have to be careful so that i dont damage my colon any further that it already has been damaged.

Date: September 23, 2009 08:20PM

tanawana- thanks for that advice it was great

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: September 24, 2009 03:24PM

How much exercise do you get in a week? Doing aerobic exercises that move the body around, say like running, really get the elimination going. Or walking an hour a day might also give you the same effect.

Date: September 24, 2009 05:03PM

well i do walk a hour every day, but i really could do with some more excersise. i was suppose to start yoga. well i will have to try to get into that again.

Date: September 24, 2009 07:10PM

I have a lot of books on healing and raw foods. Here are some things written about constipation & hemmorids:

No salt or oil or nuts.

Eat fresh parsley, citrus fruits, canteloupe, pinapple, oranges.

definitely don't over eat.

I'm at work now, so I don't have the books with me, but I had really bad hemmorids and what worked for me was green vegetable juices. I've been juicing
parsley, broccoli, kale, wheatgrass, asparagus, green onions, & adding a tablespoon of Phys... not sure of the name, but I have it at home.

Do you drink wheatgrass? That does wonders to your body and will help with almost every problem. Ann Wigmore's book about wheatgrass really changed my life!

Date: September 24, 2009 09:28PM

I havent tried wheatgrass yet. but im going to grow some when i leave london. which looks like now i wont do till after christmas. but yes i will have to try this.

Date: September 25, 2009 05:33PM

Okay that name is: Psyllium, I buy it organic and just a heaping spoonfull in your drink, salad, soups, smoothies really does help a lot!

Also eat lots of blackberries, blueberries, grapes, cherries, ginger, kale, parsley, garlic and onions.

Do not eat spices.

You will see a big difference in just 3 days of drinking wheatgrass! It is amazing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables