Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mango gut healer
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 27, 2009 10:00AM

I wanted to know if any one heard of mango being a gut healer. I have recently been buying them and eating them in the morring instead of melon. My constipation seems to be better and my gut seems to less gassy and painful. I have heard that pineapple does this but i think mango helps to. They are so yummy as well smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mango gut healer
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 27, 2009 11:11AM

I find that soft fruits like mangos are a body friendly fiber that work well for me. I usually juice the hard fibers like carrots.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2009 10:28PM

thank you for posting this I plan to give it a try!

Posted by: newhoove ()
Date: September 28, 2009 05:39PM

I bought Klein's book and he says that bananas, mango, and papaya fruits are best to eat when your digestive track is in a state of discomfort. He suggests them during the "healing" phase of intestinal issues. I suppose they are less caustic to your intestinal tract so your body can heal itself. They facilitate the healing process by not upsetting the digestive tract rather than 'heal' the gut.

I am going to give papaya a try real soon! I'm salivating just thinking about them. hah

Posted by: anuiyer7 ()
Date: September 28, 2009 06:24PM

hellokitty, I am going to try also. I have not heard of this benefit of mangoes, but I will try.. Thanks for posting.

Take care
A Iyer

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: September 29, 2009 09:13AM

newhoove,

that is really interesting that Klien has recommened that. I didn't know that was in his recommendations.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables