Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help my mother heal - liver related (she hasn't been able to eat for a couple weeks now)
Posted by: rawfoodie ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:06PM

hi everyone...

my mom age 43 has hep c for a few years now
even though her health was never GREAT, it hasn't really affected her the way it is now...
she is going through a divorce and just moved to a new country, we are having some serious financial difficulties as well... lots of stress. she can't handle it physically and especially mentally (she panics so easily). i find myself doing most of the errands and being in charge because my father is overseas.

a few weeks ago, she started telling us that her liver hurts... we thought it would go away. day after day, it hurt more and more frequently to the point where about 2 weeks ago she couldn't eat an apple without having some serious pains. therefore she almost stopped eating, hoping that this will help the body cure. she started doing juices according to a book (usually we're cooked food eaters but know and understand a lot about raw food/natural cures) but it always felt like it was stuck in her upper chest area..... a few days ago, she started vomiting anything she put into her mouth... and today, even worse she is vomiting just plain water. we're very concerned about her health and i'm hoping someone here can tell us what to do -- we really don't want to go the surgery route (gall bladder)

we are planning to hopefully go to a naturopath but so far haven't come up with how to get the money for it..... we're also in a new country and she won't get health insurance for a while, so we haven't even been able to have her checked out at a local hospital... we're trying to get private health insurance ASAP

any advice?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help my mother heal - liver related (she hasn't been able to eat for a couple weeks now)
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 28, 2009 10:44PM

I don't mean to upset you, but you need to get your mother to a hospital. The vomiting of liquids and upper abdominal pain indicate a seriously compromised liver. If you are in any country with socialized medicine, or even the States, get her to an emergency room for an X-ray and/or CT scan. Do not induce her to eat or drink anything but water in the meantime. Keep us posted and good luck.

Re: help my mother heal - liver related (she hasn't been able to eat for a couple weeks now)
Posted by: rawfoodie ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:02PM

and what after?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: September 28, 2009 11:19PM

Call for an emergency ambulance first and figure out the "after" later.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 29, 2009 04:07AM

What country are you in? Maybe you can get her declared incompetent in order to have mental health services who would then help with medical emergencies and problems and her mental status. You can keep tabs on her by staying informed as to her care while you work on making your life more stable so she can come home and she herself may be more stable.

And if you do call and get her in an ambulance it may end up costing, but you can pay that later, but if she arrives in an ambulance to a hospital they usually will see her quicker than if you drive her yourself.

Let us know how you and she are doing.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2009 12:03PM

rawfoodie,

Just get her to a hospital--this is serious. Plan what you will do next when you know what is wrong with her right now.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 29, 2009 01:52PM

There are times when a trained doctor will do much good, I am not sure what country your in but I know in America most hospitals will not turn away anyone and they have chairity programs to help don't worry about the finances just get her to some sort of help. Keep us posted

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables