Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Master cleanse...
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: September 29, 2009 05:14PM

Im on day 9 on my cleanse with a goal of two weeks (the longest I've done is 10days). Each time I do it, it just keeps on getting easier and easier smiling smiley I was wondering how long do others do this type of 'fast' for and what they are looking at getting out of it and what they do get out of it. I'd like to compare notes as to no one I know would ever dare to even do a day water fast, silly people.

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Master cleanse...
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: September 29, 2009 06:21PM

I don't know what your 'cleanse' is. Maybe you could clarify exactly what you are doing. It sounds like you are enjoying yourself smiling smiley

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: September 29, 2009 07:35PM

I did the master cleanse for two weeks once and 9-10 days a bunch of times. I did a juice feast for two weeks the last time and I am currently trying to do a full 90 days. I lasted three days on a water fast.

I have always seemed to get clearer skin from the fast and better coloring. Loss of weight and a greater energy level. After a while I don't even really get hungry. Last juice fast was ended because I got disturbed with the lack of BM's.

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: September 29, 2009 07:59PM

I have done one for 10 days - typical detox symptoms. I do plan on doing it again sometime in the near future. Are you a member of the master cleanse forum? They have a lot of knowledgeable folks over there, it is a fun place to hang out.

You'll get a lot of feedback in regards to your questions there, for sure. I dropped the typical weight, about 13 lb. gained about half back when I started eating solid foods again.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: September 30, 2009 01:58PM

I have gone on the master cleanse a couple of times and also water fasting and some juice fasting. On the master cleanse I experianced more clarity of thought and felt some inspirational messages come to me. I felt the master cleanse was interesting however after 16 days my gums started bleeding real bad and that frightened me so I resumed raw foods. I went through a time where I was bouncing from raw eating to cooked eating and would fast thinking that would help me get back to raw and that was not really good for me. The last fast I did I had some problems when introducing food and had a very frightening episode where my digestion was all wrong. I find it very hard to go from fasting to introducing food. Personally I had to fight the demons in my mind concerning my reasoning to eat raw foods.
Oh, another thing about the master cleanse is the salt water flush, after a while of doing that I really became sick of it and noticed the salt really puffed up my skin.
Overall I did get some positive results from the master cleanse but for me right now I am working on eating raw foods which seems to be going well for me.

Good luck on your master cleanse though.
Pam

Date: October 01, 2009 12:13AM

>>On the master cleanse I experianced more clarity of thought and felt some inspirational messages come to me. <<

I noticed that too! As for the Salt water flush - yeah, it took me a couple of days to get used to that, but I was soon able to drink it all w/ no problems. I am wondering if the skin puffiness you mentioned was rather a detox symptom instead of a reaction to the salt water...

Date: October 01, 2009 08:02AM

What is a salt water flush - it sounds appalling!

Date: October 01, 2009 11:33AM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What is a salt water flush - it sounds appalling!

lol,

well, it is - at first. It consists of 32 oz. warm salt water all drunk at once. You do this first thing upon rising, & then wait for it to take effect & head for the bathroom!

It usually doesn't take too long for it to work for most folks. It is needed to stimulate the bowels into moving, since digestion is pretty much shut down during this cleanse which entails no solid food for a duration of 10 days or longer.

After a couple of days of drinking the SWF (salt water flush), you get used to it. It really isn't as bad as it sounds.

Date: October 02, 2009 12:39AM

Hmmmm... Yeah I've been kinda slacking on the saltwater flush myself. Thanks for all the info, will check out the master cleanse forum for sure!

Well, so far so good. I have mild problem skin and at first it started to get worse wich I figured was the detox but as far as that its not to much clearer, about the same. Yesterday and today I have been very emotional and wanting to be by myself, doesnt happen to me often so I have been pondering as to what is behind it and not sure how to go about that. Where to start?

nomnomnomnom...!

Date: October 02, 2009 11:19AM

morgenjune,

Thanks for bringing this topic up - I have been contemplating another master cleanse, & I have decided to start today. It will be for 10 days again, nothing less. This time around, if I feel my body telling me to go further, I will attempt it.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 03, 2009 10:19AM

im 12 days into a water and rest only fast and feel this is much better and far more gentle then doing a master cleanse. on MC i subjected my body to processed sugars (maple syrup) and processed salts. strait on water fasting its just simple water and very gentle and comforting compared to the harshness of projectile ass pee

i was in a bit of a nasty car accident nearly 2 weeks ago and healing quite quickly (thanks Bryan)

just my experience smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: October 03, 2009 12:19PM

Salt water flushes, and anything else that gets the bowels moving - this is because the substance you are ingesting is TOXIC and the body is trying to eliminate it as quickl as possibl.

Date: October 03, 2009 12:38PM

yeah - water just feels like the obvious thing - anything else, well not for me

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 03, 2009 02:31PM

Jodi,

Get fully well soon : )

Posted by: alicenubby ()
Date: October 03, 2009 03:47PM

I am planning a master cleanse in 1 1/2 weeks. I did one last year for 9 days. it was very challenging for the first 5 days. I am planning on going 100% raw for the 3 days before I start. thanks for being here you guys.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 04, 2009 01:09AM

Jodi, so sorry about your accident! Hope you're better soon!

Master Cleanse never made much sense to me. Why would I put something into my body when I'm "fasting" or "cleaning out", that I would not put into my body when I'm not fasting? I think if I ever drank a bunch of salt or maple syrup, I'd want to do a water fast just to get rid of it.

My personal preference will always be the old-fashioned, clean and simple, water fast.

But, whatever the case, best wishes to Morgenjune and everybody!

Date: October 04, 2009 02:37PM

Thanks you guys! I never thought of it that way jgunn... Hmmm, but to be honest I haven't done any salt water flushes and I do cut the maple syrup in half. It hopefully helps, right? Well, today is my last day of two weeks! I feel good but not as great as I was hoping for. Part of that Im blaming on work because Ive been out to sea on an 87 cutter since monday morning till 9pm last night. Its been a very long and draining week but I am proud of myself for completing my goals and this week will be 100% rv! Yay!! Good luck to all of you starting your fast whatever kind they be because it a step in the right direction!
much love~

nomnomnomnom...!

Date: October 06, 2009 02:08AM

Just wanted to add that today I broke my 'fast' with:

1 lb grapes
2 lb strawberries
3 bananas
1 pint blended watermellon

I ate them all as mono meals grinning smiley

nomnomnomnom...!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables