Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

made my first bread
Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: October 01, 2009 08:41PM

yea! made my first bread (sprouted wheat berries, and sunflower seeds) and dehydrated it in the sun. this morning i'm eating some of the raw bread with raw almond butter and fresh raw blended strawberries. mmmmm.. some of my neighbors in the apartment complex i'm in were curious about what it was i was making/eating. i love showing people how beautiful and yummy raw foods can be!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: made my first bread
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 01, 2009 08:44PM

hi iamwhat iam

could u give us the recipe?

i never dehydrated before and i think this would be fun

how did it turn out?

Posted by: iamwhatiam ()
Date: October 02, 2009 01:18AM

just soaked some wheatberries for 24 hours then drain the water and let them sit to sprout for 12 hours. soaked some sunflower seeds for 12 hours and drained them. then threw em in a blender with some spices and blended them up as best i could. spread it thin on a plate and set it out to dry in the sun for a day. it is pretty good. next time tho, i'd like to grind it all up better so the bread (wheatberries) aren't as chewy...or maybe soak them for longer. smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 02, 2009 02:30AM

Cool !
It sounds yummy.
I bet its very dense and filling?

Yes,those wheat berries have to be ground to the right consistency or they are chewy.

Vinny

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: October 02, 2009 09:52AM

what are wheat berries, are they a complex carbohydrate

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 02, 2009 12:58PM

Hellokitty,

Wheatberries are just the whole kernel of wheat. That's what is milled down to make flour. You can get a couple different varieties of wheatberries in health foods stores, for sprouting, or for planting for wheatgrass. Cooked food eaters buy them to grind up their own wholemeal flour for making home made bread, as they believe it is more fresh this way. I agree; when I've sprouted wheatberries for bread like iamwhatiam describes, the resulting bread has a much more "alive" wheat flavor than baked wheat bread. The sprouting of the wheatberries changes the nutrition somewhat, but they remain a complex carb.

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: October 02, 2009 03:16PM

Wheat berries have gluten. Not good if you have any sort of gluten intolerance - which has been implicated in intestinal disorders.

I avoid wheat most of the time.

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 02, 2009 06:11PM

I wonder if the blade of grass (leaf) that sprouts out of the wheat seed (berrie) as it is harvested for WG juice is a complex carb ?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables