Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

new ideas
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 05, 2009 12:10PM

I am finding it a challenge to find meals to eat which are raw. My body does nor resond well with sugar items such as raw honey and other such items so can can anyone suggest any fun, low cost meal (that's an issue for me - money) that are fun and tastey. Frankly, I can only eat so many salads.

Also - please keep your reposnse to this question polite and please remember everyone is at a different place in their journey. If the question, upsets one so much then please simply by pass and allow others to be where they are. Thank you and respectfully! smiling smiley

I eat Ezkiel Sprouted Bread and I put Raw, Cold Pressed Olive Oil and Raw Salt on it or Stevia. I truly enjoy it.

Can anyone share how close this bread is to being raw? Is there another bread I can just pick up at my local health food store or Whole Food that would be better and taste just as well

Yes, I realize I will do what is best for my own body mind and spirit but I simply want a few thoughts on this bread?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: new ideas
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 05, 2009 01:47PM

Hiya, and welcome! The Ezekiel bread with the smiley-face sunshine on the label(sorry, I haven't seen it in ages) is made from sprouted grains but is baked, so I doubt it has really viable nutrients anymore, except for starch and maybe some protein.

You don't mention whether you have a high speed blender. I find that this is a great way to get tasty, nutritious, inexpensive raw foods in my diet. I throw a large bunch of chopped greens into the blender with some water, and a handful of raw berries or some chopped banana, and whizz it until it's a smoothie. It's fresh and green tasting, and very statisfying. I also do chopped salads, with many kinds of vegetables instead of, or in addition to, lettuce, and I grow sprouts. None of these is expensive.

By all means, peruse the forums, especially this one, and use the search option--you will find tons of info on what you need to know : )

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:03PM

Hello,

I once found some dehydrated crackers at a healthstore that were raw - they were however very expensive. I live in england, maybe where ever you are they may be cheaper.

I do not have one but I believe people make interesting crackers etc with a dehydrator.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: October 05, 2009 02:54PM

Wths 609
I myself love that bread you mentioned.
Are you in the transition phase of becoming raw?
If so,maybe that bread is ok during this time.
Opinions everyone?

Vinny

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: October 05, 2009 04:35PM

Fruit is sweet, healthy, delicious, and you can often find it fairly cheap.

Bananas are always a good bargain. smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 05, 2009 07:30PM

Hey

yup.. like the other person said.. that ezekiel bread is baked

it always struck me as extremely interesting because since they take all that time, care and effort in sprouting their items.. why on EARTH would they then BAKE it?

seems like a waste of all the effort they spent in sprouting the ingredients

kinda funny though

in a strange way

cuz the whole point of sprouting is to maximize nutrition

but anyways

i highly doubt anyone can tell you if it is right or wrong

that is totally up to you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables