Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

need some soothing balm
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 06, 2009 12:25PM

Hi

I go on another forum - not remotely connected with raw - it's a running forum.

Somebody was listing their ills and how they weren't getting anywhere with their doctor. All the advice was to change doctors, demand tests, drugs, etc etc.

I should know better but I advised rest and fasting and not taking any drugs for a while.

Oh boy I have been blasted sky high. Peddling nonsense, dangerous advice, foolhardy, new age - you name it I have been called it. This is the price you can pay for trying to offer a different way.

I have posted a mild defense of what I ACTUALLY said not what people in their anger imagined I said but I think I should slink away quietly. I can't deal with the flak.

Sorry about posting all that here - I need some friends as I am suddenly feeling very lonely.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: need some soothing balm
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 06, 2009 02:21PM

Just because you got a blast of negativity, doesn't mean it was the wrong thing to do or that you should slink away. You've done a service by exposing people to alternative ideas, even if they choose to pooh pooh it. It just doesn't feel that way right now, but who knows? At some point it may make a real difference in someone's life. Finding out about raw food surely made a difference in mine! Thank you for being brave. For now, just think of yourself as a stand of grass blown by a blast of wind. It will pass over and you'll rise tall again.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 06, 2009 02:26PM

I would have recommended exactly what you did. But to most people, when you say stuff like this, they look at you like you come from outer space - totally alien!

For these kind of responses that you received, you just can't take them personally. If these people had the healing experiences you've had with raw foods, they wouldn't be saying these things. But this stuff you recommended is way outside of their personal experience.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 06, 2009 02:57PM

awww Flipperjan !

hehe well , id put money on it that for all the negative people there that went off on you ther are probably many people lurking and reading , someone there im sure took your advice to heart and went on to further do some research of their own without saying a word as they saw the shitstorm that hit you.

you did a good deed, someone will benefit from your wisdom , and you may never get thanked for it but you did a good thing smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 06, 2009 07:43PM

there is a quote in the bible that is :

" Do not throw pearls to swine"

flipperjan

if u want to avoid a bit of hassle

just don't do it

" Just Say NO"

LOLsmiling smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 06, 2009 08:30PM

Thanks every one

La V - I think you may be right smiling smiley

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 06, 2009 09:32PM

I think all the responses above are very good, depending on what kind of emotional strength you have and what kind of audience you are addressing. Also remember, that when people cannot refute your information, they will attack the messenger because they cannot attack the MESSAGE. =) You did well regardless, and I agree that I'm sure SOMEONE will be curious about your information and will look into it further. You're in good company here. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 06, 2009 09:41PM

flipperjan,

We always fear "The Other." Until we consider their truth and concede it is valid. You tried to do a good thing. It is still a good thing, though it was rejected. Someone lurking on that board might go, "hmmm, I'd never have thought of that, but why don't I try it?" and that's what matters.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 07, 2009 12:48PM

flipper jan

you are a nicer person than me
and a lot more gracious with your time and energy

i would never waste my time on a forum like that trying to convince other people

if they paid me a hefty salary though

i just may consider it smiling smiley

then i would "just say YES!!"

heee hAWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 07, 2009 06:19PM

heh. I think they call that being a "car salesman." heheheheheheheheheh..... =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables