Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

itchy flaky eyelids
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 07, 2009 05:47PM

Hi everyone! I've been eating 90% raw for a little over 1 month now (lost 4 lbs - in a nutshell, everything has improved!!!) Thank you to this website I stumbled upon in my quest to lose weight and be healthy...and for the many people who put posts up daily to encourage people like me.

Here's my question: has anyone experienced any itching of the eyelids while eating raw? I've read up on Blepharitis on numerous site - and I don't think I have that.

Every 4 to 5 days, I just have this redness in the inner crease of my eye. Slightly itchy....and by morning, it seems to flake like a sunburn (dead skin). Just a minor irritation....it lasts a whole day (maybe 2).

Is this part of the cleansing process, or maybe a deeper problem?

Any info or experiences anyone has had with this, I sure would like to hear about it.

Thanks, Lisa

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: itchy flaky eyelids
Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: October 09, 2009 01:32AM

Hi LIsa
congrats on your progress. cleansing reactions take many forms. mine seem to come and go, in various places. I trust my body knows what its doing with the raw food. if it starts to hurt, I slow down the cleansing. I've been about 80% raw for nearly a year now.
Yesterday after a hard work out, a painful lump appeared under my arm pit. Maybe lymph glands? I don't know it needs further investigation. That is what I love about what raw food has done for me. I am discovering myself newly. winking smiley
Enjoy your new raw life.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2009 04:26PM

Thanks so much, Okendeji. I've been jucing my dinners at night, and I notice if I do that continually for a few days, the redness & itching happen. So, yes, I agree - I think it might be the cleansing, too.

It's interesting all the information you start to read up on healthwise, once you switch to a raw lifestyle. I have been treating candida for the past 3 weeks, and I stumbled upon some thing in my search:

[health.groups.yahoo.com]
(look halfway down @ Dr. Chong's comment)

which then lead me to this article:

[healthychristianliving.com]

I think I may have that....not too sure. I have (or had) the majority of those symptoms before I switched to raw. I should really take myself to a holistic practioner to determine for sure if this is what I have.

Posted by: Arrow ()
Date: October 10, 2009 05:32PM

yes, I've noticed this too, 42 days raw, about 90% raw like yourself, and in the last two weeks itchy upper lids. I've had it before but not for ages, an optician noticed and diagnosed it before. I have a feeling it's exacerbated by the three day a week job I've now started indoors, very little sunlight. I will start taking more fresh air during the week and some sunshine, it's really rainy here this last week. It's mildly symptomatic so I'm not concerned.

Arrow xxx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables