Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

no sweet fruit... no belching... no heartburn...
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: October 10, 2009 02:11AM

greetings and blessings to you all...

so i just finished a fast and it was a rough one...but i am sticking to the task at not eating too much too quick... so i started with Watermelon... i was belching like I usually do...it's more like a crazy sucking of air before i actually belch... and i had heartburn... next day i had a papaya... and later on some cucumber... more belching...though i'd say less heartburn... today... i tested no sweet fruit... i ate romaine lettuce...because i had a dream about it... cucumber... red bell pepper... celery...tomato I have not added any fat back in yet...and i will try to keep that low as well...

but today no gasping belches... no heartburn... still a constant post nasal drip... i suppose my major concern is getting enough calories... I have taken out sweet fruit before and i notice how tired i get... and when i ate it again it was great for the energy but not for the belching... uhg... it's a frustrating thing... cause i also can't have anything from the brassica family... ie... cabbage brocoli... cauliflour... kale... i'm feeling more and more boxed in with what i can eat and feel good with... any suggestions...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: no sweet fruit... no belching... no heartburn...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 10, 2009 07:04PM

luvyuu,

I don't know if you've discussed this before, and there will no doubt be posts following saying that fasting should've corrected this, etc., but do you know if your digestive enzyme and probiotic levels are OK? Do you digest food OK? Like, is your stool[forgive me] homogenous, or is there undigested matter in it? It is odd to me that you'd have trouble with enzymatically rich, persumably ripe, fruit unless you aren't manufacturing the right amount of digestive acids and enzymes, or have some sort of fungal or bacterial overgrowth in the gut. I know you aren't avid about medical tests, for reasons, but have you looked into this before? I am not averse to taking a natural aid for restoring the gut to stasis, if diet doesn't work.

Re: no sweet fruit... no belching... no heartburn...
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: October 11, 2009 09:36AM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> greetings and blessings to you all...
>
> so i just finished a fast and it was a rough
> one...but i am sticking to the task at not eating
> too much too quick... so i started with
> Watermelon... i was belching like I usually
> do...it's more like a crazy sucking of air before
> i actually belch... and i had heartburn... next
> day i had a papaya... and later on some
> cucumber... more belching...though i'd say less
> heartburn... today... i tested no sweet fruit...
> i ate romaine lettuce...because i had a dream
> about it... cucumber... red bell pepper...
> celery...tomato I have not added any fat back in
> yet...and i will try to keep that low as well...
>
> but today no gasping belches... no heartburn...
> still a constant post nasal drip... i suppose my
> major concern is getting enough calories... I
> have taken out sweet fruit before and i notice how
> tired i get... and when i ate it again it was
> great for the energy but not for the belching...
> uhg... it's a frustrating thing... cause i also
> can't have anything from the brassica family...
> ie... cabbage brocoli... cauliflour... kale...
> i'm feeling more and more boxed in with what i can
> eat and feel good with... any suggestions...
>
> love laugh and dream

I have a history of IBS, candida, leaky gut etc. I have given up melons. Tough, but not as tough as dealing with the consequences of eating them!

If they are slightly over or under ripe i have problems coping with them. It is just not worth it.

I break water fast with juice feast then juice feast onto a smoothie (No sweet fruit at this stage). I either continue with a day of smoothies or mono eat apples then move onto a simple salad.
From there,if I'm feeling OK, i mono eat sweet fruit and juices during the day adding a simple salad in the evening
This works for me.
hope you feel better soon.
ffx

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables