Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: currently in hospital facing surgery
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: October 16, 2009 07:37PM

Abdominal pain is minimal today- even when pressure is applied- so good sign. I water fasted all day yesterday with no symptoms other than a headache and fatigue, this morning woke up incredibly weak and faint. I know thats a sign of detox, especially after getting out of the hospital and being on antibiotics, but I was really, really faint- barely able to stand without holding on to anything for support. I decided to break the water fast today and start drinking juices, so I juiced some apples, a couple pears, a couple cucumbers and blended that with kale, parsley and bok choy then strained it through a nut milk bag. I also juiced some grapes and drank that while I was making the green juice.

I'm wondering if you can alternate between water fasting a juice fasting- like if I were to drink juice for a few days and then do a day of water fasting. Or would hunger come on and off? I really can't take a detox that powerful all at once.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 16, 2009 08:45PM

re fasting : can you find someone to supervise your fast. I'm not sure that it is a good idea to try and fast with your condition without someone keeping a good eye on things.

Can you find someone who has IAPNH certificate (impossible in England as far as I can see so far) who could oversee your fast.

I'm just slightly worried that you without adequate support at the moment.

wishing you well
Philippa

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 16, 2009 10:00PM

When I get up in the morning I like to drink water for awhile and then have break-fast. This extends out the body's natural overnight fast. I like to drink water until I get a hunger signal and then I have a simple mono meal of fresh fruit or fruit juice for break-fast. This feels very natural and in fact I use my natural body signals as my guide so that a natural break occurs between the overnight fast (sleep) and the breaking of that fast (break-fast). Possibly you could experiment with a natural break-fast as a way to achieve harmony between water fasting and eating so that the detox remains comfortable and controllable. I agree with flipperjan that a coach is a good idea.

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: October 17, 2009 01:01AM

Not sure of anyone in the area that does supervised fasting. I have mainly been on the couch today and I drank some grape and green juice which made me feel much better. I am able to be up and moving around, climbing stairs w/o feeling dizzy or faint.
Not sure how I feel about eating yet EZ rider, I do not want to irritate the obstruction. I need much more healing before I can start with soft fruits. This will definitely be a challenge for me- my longest juice fast is three days and at the end I was eager to eat a solid meal again. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get through this, but hopefully the fear of eating (or I should say fear of surgery) will keep me on this.

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: October 17, 2009 04:19PM

Petrichor, {{{{Hugs}}}}

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2009 12:17AM

From what you say, it sounds like you may be better off just juice fasting. Water fasting can be dangerous, especially if your condition has already warped your body's absorption and stockpiles of nutrients (which often does happen with crohn's and related conditions.) I hope you'll be able to move past this and feel better, but don't try to do anything you can't handle.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables