Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

tofu?
Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: October 19, 2009 01:24AM

Forgive my noob-ish questions, but I'm very new to raw foods. I was wondering if tofu is considered raw. I'd assume it is, but I've noticed that of the many many recipes I've looked at, none of them include tofu. So what's the deal?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: tofu?
Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: October 19, 2009 02:44AM

Welcome to your raw food journey smiling smiley, it will change your life for the better.
Tofu is cooked soy beans. Sorry oh. Others may share about the dangers of soy products in general. I don't find it has much taste by itself. Just start where you can and aim for the best.
Good luck.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 19, 2009 04:51AM

its an ok transition food for sure, but not raw, but it is vegan (unless contaminated by other indredients or processes) smiling smiley

whats the deal?

we get our protein from fresh raw fruits and vegetables seeds and nuts smiling smiley !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: polskadot ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:11AM

Thanks for the posts. I read Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life" and it mentions that greens have more protein (when consumed in proper amounts) than soy products or meat or nuts. I guess I was just hoping, because I'm an avid tofu lover. Oh well!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 19, 2009 11:18AM

I feel for you because I am also a tofu-lover. But the above posts are correct - tofu is from the COOKED soybean after making soy milk, so it is not "raw." However, as also mentioned above, it is a great transition food, but not completely RAW. I share the love for it, though, so you're not alone. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 20, 2009 02:26AM

I agree with the above. If it works for you...and you crave it...keep eating it....and just set a goal to eventually wean off it (if you feel it is less optimal for you).

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables