Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

a newbie
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 19, 2009 03:01AM

hi i am new here and new to the raw diet. i am successfully converted, haha trying to make the transition for my hubby smooth. any split families?...trying to get my two year old fully on board too...but hard when she sees daddy eating something else. any great ideas on the transition period?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: a newbie
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: October 19, 2009 03:21AM

Keep it simple.
Surround yourself with raw at home and when out.
Supplement with pre-made raw food if you can't make your own or don't want to.

There's tons of great recipes on here & other raw websites.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Re: a newbie
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 19, 2009 05:00PM

oh yes - i sometimes cook meat for the rest of my family - shock, horror. I eat my raw stuff all the time and as a consequence the amount of fruit that my 12 year old eats has quadrupled.

I wouldn't try to pressurize your husband because it won't work. You have to really want to eat raw from the heart to make it last. Just lead by example but support HIS choices.

Most children love fruit - some not so keen on raw veggies. You could make lovely fruit smoothies and 'hide' a few leaves of spinach in them. My 12 year old will drink smoothies by the pint but won't touch most salad vegetables. This is frustrating but not unusual. I find by standing back and not stressing about it he comes to new things in his own time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables