Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Apples - YEA!!!
Posted by: NeonBee ()
Date: October 22, 2009 12:43AM

I just love this time of year when all the unique varieties of apples are out there. I just can not get enough of them!!!!! I hope you people are enjoying them too!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apples - YEA!!!
Posted by: deafdrummer ()
Date: October 22, 2009 04:04AM

YES, we have several that are coming down in price, in better condition, like the Pink Ladies, Cameos, etc.

Stephanie

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 22, 2009 09:00AM

not an apple fan myself

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 22, 2009 01:40PM

I'm seriously considering ordering the expensive heirloom apple package from a Michigan gourmet food purveyor. It a lot of money, but I know it would be money well spent, as I got a box of those apples as a gift once and it was an almost mystical experience to eat them! Sooooooo delicious!

Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: October 22, 2009 05:12PM

i've got apples coming out my you know what! besides the apple harvest from my 2 trees in my yard, i was able to score some free ones from a friend of a friend who has an orchard!
but thats not all...i also got 96 lbs. of free beautiful peaches!
so far i've made lots of apple juice, sliced and dried apples, apple jerky and i put 2 a day in my smoothies. i've got bags in my garage and bags in my 2 fridges.
the kids love them with almond butter.
i don't get sick of the lil buggers either!
enjoy the fall harvest!
Jennifer

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: October 22, 2009 08:32PM

A fav. of mine is the Gala, but I generally like them all. I probably consume 5-7 or so on a good day, including smoothies/juices, etc.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: October 22, 2009 11:01PM

Oh my yesssss !! I live on the things year round, but LOVE this time of year!! My faves have been Honey Crisps this season. Keeping my local farmers markets in business with my bushels and bushels of the stuff. Doing alot of juicing lately. Just can't get enough APPLES !!! LOVE 'EM LOVE 'EM LOVE 'EM !!!!!!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: NeonBee ()
Date: October 23, 2009 12:42AM

Yes the honey crisps have been awesome this year. I love that sound biting into them! I have a huge bag of Jonagolds here too and they are also good this year, but the honey crisp rules.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 23, 2009 06:23AM

i ate some honeycrisps yesterday

also ate the variety called Ambrosia

it lives up to its name

Date: October 23, 2009 02:34PM

I saw those Ambrosias in the store this week and wondered about them. Didn't buy them because they were priced higher, but might have to buy one or two just for a taste. =) I'm VERY picky about my apples. They have to be firm/crisp/juicy/sweet/tart all at once! *LOL* I don't ask for much, do I? Heh. That's why I love the Honey Crisps and they are supposed to be available here in my area until Thanksgiving, Lord willing. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: October 25, 2009 12:35AM

well you only live once

might as well just buy ONE Ambrosia just for the ambrosiac experience

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: October 25, 2009 02:36AM

With over 7,500 cultivars of apples, if I eat a different one each day...

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: jonl138 ()
Date: October 27, 2009 02:32AM

Whenever I eat an apple my face gets read and feels warm. I've always wondered why. Anyone know why this happens? I can juice apples and put them in the blender for smoothies no problem.
Thanks,
Jon

Date: October 28, 2009 11:04PM

Jon, it sounds like some form of allergy to some part of the apple. Normally I would suggest that you might be allergic to the skin or maybe the chemicals used by the growers. Some of my patients can eat the meat of apples, but have allergic reactions to the skin. However, the process of pulverizing it along with other enzymes seems to change the chemical properties of it for you. I am an Allergy/Asthma nurse and remember something about this in clinicals, but will ask at work tomorrow to get more information. Remind me if I forget. (My nick-name is "Dori" from Finding Nemo. *LOL*) =)

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: October 28, 2009 11:55PM

i LOVE apples too !!!!

sweet, juicy, tart, a pure delight

Thanks God for the apples

Cynthia

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: October 31, 2009 10:14PM

jonl138

Sounds like an allergy to me - I would just avoid them - no real big loss !!

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: October 31, 2009 10:54PM

I eat the seeds along with the apple. Anyone else here an apple seed eater ?

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 01, 2009 03:39AM

i got a bag of those ambrosias yesterday they were so good i ate the whole bag and had to get more tonight tongue sticking out smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: November 01, 2009 04:56AM

I am living on apples & dates (and my daily quart of green juice) lately!
Candycrisp is great. There is a farm i go to in Connecticut that has rows lots of different types of apples on the wall. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables