Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Loosing the complex carbs
Posted by: alisonott ()
Date: October 25, 2009 09:21AM

I'm transitioning to a raw food diet. I find the hardest thing evenings meals.

I have just changed career and moved to a new country with a new language, so have a lot of challenges in my life at the moment. When I get home I feel as if I need the emotional, physical and mental hit that a larger than necessary dish of something with brown rice, millet, potato or the like offer me.

I know the learning curve that is going on in my life now won't be permanent, but I wondered if there's anyone out there willing to share their tips for helping to get round this (I'm guessing) quite common problem on the way to a completely raw day...maybe a particular dish (I've just acquired a dehydrator) or some other tips.

Thanks,

Alison

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Loosing the complex carbs
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 26, 2009 05:22AM

Yes: The trick is to find a heartly dish that has texture and taste....and can completely satisfy you. For me, it was a Kale salad with lemon juice, garlic, tomatoes and almonds. Mushrooms can also help...and some like sprouted sunflower seeds. Anyway, YOU will have to experiment with what works for you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: Loosing the complex carbs
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: October 26, 2009 06:16PM

Great advice by David.

Just thought I'd put in here that fruits, vegetables, and nuts and seeds are all sources of healthy complex carbs.

Complex carbs are the natural fiber in food.

Sometimes people mistakenly think that complex carbs are starchy foods and simple carbs are fruits.

Not so. Table sugar and corn syrup are simple carbs. White bread and white rice are simple carbs.

Fructose in fruit is also a simple carb, but fruit is a healthy choice for both simple carbs (the fructose) and complex carbs (the fiber), not to mention of course all the nutrients and the prana.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2009 06:22PM by suncloud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables