Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Would like to start eating raw, and I have questions.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 10, 2006 11:49PM

How do I go about balancing my foods and knowing how much to eat and of what? I had always been curious about vegan and raw lifestyles I just never really looked into it. Now I'm all for it, mainly due to the need for a very quick weight loss and to be a good example for my baby. You see, my baby needs a liver transplant and is currently in liver failure. His liver is going out pretty quickly and I don't have good chances of him getting a liver on the transplant list before he becomes really ill, if he was to get one at all. Living Donor is out of the question as everyone is too big to donate. We have to be under 139, and I'm the only one willing to do what it takes to see if I can eventually be considered as a donor for my baby. I would like help on how to get started and maximize my weightloss for the sake of my baby and have knowledge on how to prepare healthy meals to get him on a healthy path. Any help really appreciated.

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would like to start eating raw, and I have questions.
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 11, 2006 12:18AM

Opinion:

-Be truly honest with the level of raw food (fresh raw fruits, vegetables, & nuts) that you ARE comfortable with NOW......and stretch 1-2% per week from there. Accept changes that come. Don't take medications, drugs, caffeine or nicotene.

-Make a plan to eat more of the fruits & vegetables that you love. Set small goals...with timetables....and allow yourself 1 or 2 'cheat' days per week.

-Eat before you leave the house - and bring a bag of snacks with you everywhere you go. You should never show up someplace hungry....and feel forced to eat crap.

-Don't expect others to understand your decision. Your happiness & serenity will win converts....not heated debate or defensiveness.

-To lose weight: I would focus on eating a HUGE variety of raw foods.........focusing mainly on greens & vegetables....with a sprinkling of nuts, seeds and avocadoes with every meal (JUST A HANDFUL or two!) LOL.

-Hope this is helpful to you.

-David Mason

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables