Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Elevated Blood Tests for Liver and Kidneys
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 26, 2009 12:07AM

Hi,
Not asking for medical advice just opinions. I have elevated potassium and elevated liver enzymes as of 2 weeks ago. This has been going on for most of 2009 and I had hoped the numbers would have gone down with my increasing raw diet.

Dr. is fairly concerned. Do you think raw could increase potassium levels? I eat about 4 to 8 bananas a day, Also berries, salads, and occasional cooked veggies and baked potato.

I have to report back in 3 weeks, I'm not wanting to do a juice feast, but think it may be best to see if it helps my blood levels.

Any comments?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Elevated Blood Tests for Liver and Kidneys
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 26, 2009 11:26AM

Wendy,

If I were you, I'd cut out bananas and potatoes for a while and stick to low potassium foods until things stabilize. I'm a big banana fan myself, but I would not risk throwing off my heart function.

Has the doctor speculated at all what the elevation of liver enzymes might mean? I have had slightly elevated liver enzymes for about fifteen years since contracting a serious "mystery virus" in Europe on vacation. I realize that I should undertake a series of liver flushes eventually to resolve this, but raw does help. I can't remember wether you have done something like the Dr. Clark Protocol . . . just wondering what the doctor's suspicions are as to cause--raw alone shouldn't throw electroytes out of whack, IMO.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: October 26, 2009 03:37PM

i haven't seen her yet. I go back mid November after 3 weeks of clean raw eating. I read elevated liver enzymes can be indicative of hepatitis (which I don't have any of those symptoms) and luekemia. So when I read that I decided to stop searching on the internet and wait for the doctor LOL.

The elevated potassium is indicative of kidney damage. Albeit slight, she doesn't want to see any increase at all.

I don't have a clue what would cause this. I'm about 35 lbs overweight at 168, but I've weighed 240 lbs before without this problem.

I'm at a loss. I don't really want to give up my 4 bananas a day, but I will if I have to.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: October 26, 2009 07:37PM

Are you in pain from any of your test results such as kidney pain, liver pain, etc?

Perhaps you should be more wary of what a Dr. says is a high concern for elevated whatevers..and if you aren't suffering any symptoms continue on your clean and healthy diet.

You might try looking at what chemicals you come into contact with also..anything from cleaning products, or body products to lotions, powders, etc.

I wouldn't worry about food nutrients, or eating 4 bananas..and if you are drawn to eating 4 bananas then maybe your body wants or needs those for now.

Many times labs will over read tests..and I don't put a lot of faith into what a Dr. says for my own reasons. Maybe see a holistic ND instead for another opinion.

Make sure to eat a somewhat balanced raw diet and that would mean more over a course of a week, or even a month..so while one week you may have eaten 20 bananas, maybe the next week you cut those down and ate a crate of blueberries. Your body is wise, you can learn to listen to it..takes time and trust in oneself.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: December 23, 2009 04:45AM

hi Wendy, How is it going? Did your problem resolve?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables