Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
A must read about H1N1
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 01, 2009 03:41PM

I am posting this here for maximum exposure, it's a great article on the effectiveness of flu vaccines and a terrific resource for those in doubt or having to justify a decision not to vax to family, doctors etc. No hype, just facts.

[www.theatlantic.com]

Here's a paragraph from page 2. Really, this is a terrific article.

“Tom Jefferson has taken a lot of heat just for saying, ‘Here’s the evidence: it’s not very good,’” says Majumdar. “The reaction has been so dogmatic and even hysterical that you’d think he was advocating stealing babies.” Yet while other flu researchers may not like what Jefferson has to say, they cannot ignore the fact that he knows the flu-vaccine literature better than anyone else on the planet. He leads an international team of researchers who have combed through hundreds of flu-vaccine studies. The vast majority of the studies were deeply flawed, says Jefferson. “Rubbish is not a scientific term, but I think it’s the term that applies.” Only four studies were properly designed to pin down the effectiveness of flu vaccine, he says, and two of those showed that it might be effective in certain groups of patients, such as school-age children with no underlying health issues like asthma. The other two showed equivocal results or no benefit.

Please pass this along.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A must read about H1N1
Date: November 01, 2009 03:43PM

This is a great quote.

“We have built huge, population-based policies on the flimsiest of scientific evidence. The most unethical thing to do is to carry on business as usual.”

Boy, can I think of tons of things to which that statement applies...

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 01, 2009 03:44PM

Awesome information. Thanks so much for sharing!! Here's my other favorite resource / article. It is SO important to spread the word !!!

[articles.mercola.com]

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 01, 2009 04:04PM

i personally like mercola and believe what i hear there but it sure isn't going to convince a sceptic or a doctor! way too wavy~gravy~hippy~dippy for most people.
the article i posted is full of facts from top researchers, it would be very hard for a general practitioner to ignore what it says there, or anyone in my family or social group. i'll be printing that one out and carrying it around.

Date: November 01, 2009 05:01PM

I completely agree, which is part of the reason why I DO like Mercola, because he doesn't sound quite as hippy-ish as many naturalists do. I liked his interview with that particular woman because she exposed the LACK of statistical facts and evidence by the government when they proclaimed a national emergency. It is terrifying how stupified Americans have become in that they will believe and follow any wind of doctrine thrown at them (especially by the government!!), easily giving up freedoms and rights "all in the interest of national security." It's time to WAKE UP and the most dangerous of these deceptions is in the fields of healthcare and medicine.

I'm glad you found a source with good solid FACTS to refute the foundationless claims of our government. Thanks so much. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: November 01, 2009 07:38PM

I am so happy that so many people are all doing their best to get this information around.

Last night, someone left me with a business card that had all the ingredients and side effects listed on one side for the H1N1 vaccine, and the other side had a ton of websites (Mercola's included) for information. What a blessing. I am hopefully getting a big stack for myself to distribute. =D

Meanwhile, yesterday's newspaper *front page headline* was like, "OH NO!! Canada is only getting 1/4 of the vaccine shipment expected--so HURRY UP AND GET YOUR SHOTS WHILE YOU STILL CAN!"

Vaccines are quite evil... but the amount of people spreading the word makes me so happy. We've got to look out for each other. =)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 01, 2009 09:40PM

I am finding it quite effective to just roll my eyes when someone starts in about the Swine flu. If they persist, I say, "Please look into how this has been blown out of all proportion. Start by Googling CBS's expose on the CDC's record keeping. You will be amazed at how hysterical this all is." I know it sounds arrogant, but it's either do it this way or start slapping total strangers in the checkout at the grocery store : )

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: November 01, 2009 10:01PM

Can someone post the ingredients for the primary vaccine being used?

Date: November 01, 2009 11:31PM

rufio,

The formulation is proprietary, of course, so this was as comprehensive a breakdown as I could find:
[mommynotes.wordpress.com]

Note: anyone who gets vaccines is arguably no longer a vegetarian. And is possibly a cannibal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2009 11:33PM by Tamukha.

Date: November 02, 2009 01:28AM

eww eww eww eww EWW! WTF.

you guys, each of you READ THAT ARTICLE I posted. print it out and put it in your pocket, it's so good.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: November 02, 2009 11:04AM

How many vaccines are pumped into a small child in the early years of life?

Compromise the immune system with vaccines.
Damage our natural defences.
Promote fear and misinformation through an eager greedy media.
Sell us drugs to restore our ill health....
What a fantastic money generating exercise!

And most of us buy into it!

Is this so difficult for people to see?

ffx

Date: November 02, 2009 11:13PM

I just got a message from a mod at rawfoodtalk (alyssa cohens site) saying they had to delete the post i made with this info. i like the kids forum they have but boy oh boy, those guys have some seriously uptight issues over there! sheesh.

Date: November 02, 2009 11:17PM

That's what you call "Government Control." Get used to it. Soon we'll ALL be living under that type of fear and learning to whisper in code behind closed doors. Hmmmm..... the word "communism" comes to mind. But don't worry. I'll be right there alongside my brethren fighting in "THE RESISTANCE!" *grin* winking smiley

KEEP THE FAITH !!

—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 03, 2009 04:12PM

Coco--
Why on earth would they have to delete your article? Ridiculous!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: November 03, 2009 08:23PM

i'll ask. must be a thoughtless knee jerk reaction, i doubt they even read it...

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 03, 2009 09:42PM

they routinely delete emails that they feel is not in the spirit of Allisas vision, as its her board she appears to not allow discussions like the above .. *shrugs* tongue sticking out smiley

i got warned from posting there , that i thought Oprah was a furwearing hypocrite, and was told to stay on topic or id be removed lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: November 04, 2009 08:27PM

Try renting the original version of the Time Machine (1960, I think) and take in the segment regarding Morlocks and Eloi. It should ring some bells.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: November 04, 2009 09:12PM

On the other hand... [www.time.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 09:17PM by pborst.

Date: November 04, 2009 11:04PM

i posted a link to the article in the kids/parents forum, it Was in the right place and they sure do advocate a natural lifestyle including natural remedies instead of allopathic medicine. that place is weird.

here's another link to a terrific video, wow, what a great doctor this guy is...

[homefirst.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/04/2009 11:18PM by coco.

Date: November 04, 2009 11:35PM

COCO I LOVE YOU !!!! THAT LAST VIDEO IS THE # 1 MOST IMPORTANT VIDEO THAT NEEDS TO BE SPREAD TO THE PUBLIC LIKE WILDFIRE !!!!!!!

I was especially interested in his remarks about the Chicken Pox vaccine because I've been a nurse for 15 years and that vaccine only came out onto the market about 5 yrs into my career. It was only LATER that they suddenly required a "booster" to the Herpes Zoster vax !!! DUH !! They realized their dumb mistake, but rather than letting the public know about their stupid "oops," they masked it by requiring a BOOSTER shot. He is absolutely RIGHT about the coming danger of a whole generation of young adults and middle-aged adults that will suddenly be affected by ADULT CHICKEN POX, which can be horrifying, if not deadly. For those that don't know, adult chicken pox is mostly in the form of "Shingles," but how KNOWS what "form" it will take with a whole generation of adults who were vaccinated as children, but the immunity has worn-off. Terrifying to think of what is ahead of us thanks to our blessed GOVERNMENT !!!

I LOVE THIS GUY !!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU FOR SHARING THIS VIDEO !!! SPREAD IT LIKE FIRE.......... PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 05, 2009 12:20AM

i felt the same way when i watched it, it's stunningly good. i take back what i said about mercola, in this link he is interviewing a neurosurgeon and it's heavy good. watch it too and pass it along.
[articles.mercola.com]

you know, i don't usually research and watch these things to justify my decisions, i am generally pretty confidant that i'm making the right choices for us. this time though people are getting CRAZY about it, i've got an otherwise rational friend on FB who posts pro vax scare tactics nearly every day and it's loony. i feel the need to justify these decisions a bit to the nay sayers but for myself i have no doubt about the slimy motives of big pharma or about what's best and most healthy for my family. i require zero proof, i just Know already...

Date: November 05, 2009 12:25AM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i felt the same way when i watched it, it's
> stunningly good. i take back what i said about
> mercola, in this link he is interviewing a
> neurosurgeon and it's heavy good. watch it too and
> pass it along.
> [articles.mercola.com]
> /2009/11/03/What-We-Have-Learned-About-the-Great-S
> wine-Flu-Pandemic.aspx
>
> you know, i don't usually research and watch these
> things to justify my decisions, i am generally
> pretty confidant that i'm making the right choices
> for us. this time though people are getting CRAZY
> about it, i've got an otherwise rational friend on
> FB who posts pro vax scare tactics nearly every
> day and it's loony. i feel the need to justify
> these decisions a bit to the nay sayers but for
> myself i have no doubt about the slimy motives of
> big pharma or about what's best and most healthy
> for my family. i require zero proof, i just Know
> already...

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!

—Thomas Jefferson

Date: November 05, 2009 02:34AM

pborst,

It is impossible for efficacy to be determined if no actual incidence of infection has been determined because of the CDC's bizarre reporting blackout. These people think they can just excuse their inconsistencies away with algorithms. Some of us out here can do math, unfortunately for them : )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2009 02:34AM by Tamukha.

Date: November 05, 2009 01:32PM

Unfortunately most people Can't do math. Or think for themselves apparently. Sad that a flimsy article like that is convincing to some... It's just words after all and we all know that reporters (doctors, politians, etc) can just open up their mouths and say whatever they want, the truth not withstanding.

Date: November 05, 2009 03:57PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> pborst,
>
> It is impossible for efficacy to be determined if
> no actual incidence of infection has been
> determined because of the CDC's bizarre reporting
> blackout. These people think they can just excuse
> their inconsistencies away with algorithms. Some
> of us out here can do math, unfortunately for them
> : )

I guess if you are modeling a worse case scenario then you wouldn't really need the real incidence, but simply the proportion of the population you need to cover to prevent the pandemic. I personally don't have problems with using algorithms when I know it's a model and modeling is the most appropriate approach for the phenomina being addressed whether it's global climate change or the evening weather report. I guess I'm encouraged with the possibility that only one shot might be necessary to produce sufficient antibodies to prevent development of the virus. YMMV.

Date: November 05, 2009 05:05PM

pborst,

The facts are these: none of the approved Swine Flu vaccines has proven efficacy in more than half of individuals vaccinated; the acceptable antibody response titer ratio measurement(seroconversion) is low; and the vaccines are loaded with known toxic/carcinogenic ingredients that compromise the immune system. In my day, vaccines had very few ingredients and a high ratio of live or dead antigens in order to produce a certain, effective, long-term antibody response. Today, vaccines are filled with all kinds of matter that has no therapeutic effect but which takes up volume and is proprietary of patent and therefore, though it reduces the antigen ratio and consequent antibody response in the vaccinated individual, makes and saves the manufacturer more money. The object here is not to save people's lives, and it isn't to "control the population," as some paranoics are claiming. No, it's generation of profit, plain and simple. As it always is.

Date: November 05, 2009 06:06PM

I guess I'm not that cynical. I have heard a lot of the claims about the mercury present and it's possible impacts on autism. But most of the clinicians and health authorities I respect say there are little data to back the claims. I guess I don't understand your point about compromising the immune system. At least the preliminary data seemed to indicate that 96 percent of those vaccinated developed an increase in antibodies. Wouldn't indicate an increase in immune system status? I'm not sure I follow your point.

Paul

Date: November 05, 2009 08:08PM

Paul, I'll repost these links if you care to hear what these medical professionals have to say about vaccine efficacy and side effects. They are much more qualified to do so than any of us and provide a wealth of "data to back the claims".

First, Dr. Mayer Eisenstein is a graduate of the University of Illinois Medical School, the Medical College of Wisconsin School of Public Health, and the John Marshall Law School. In his 33 years in medicine, he and his practice have cared for over 75,000 parents, grandparents and children. He is Board Certified by the National Board of Medical Examiners, American Board of Public Health and Preventive Medicine, and the American Board of Quality Assurance and Utilization Review Physicians. He is a recipient of the Howard Fellowship, Health Professional Scholarship, University of Illinois School of Medicine Scholarship, and is a member of the Illinois Bar.

[homefirst.com]

Dr. Blaylock is a board certified neurosurgeon, author and lecturer. He attended the LSU School of Medicine in New Orleans and completed his general surgical internship and neurosurgical residency at the Medical University of South Carolina in Charleston, South Carolina. During his residency he ran the neurology program for one year and did a fellowship in neurosurgery after his residency. For the past 25 years he has practiced neurosurgery in addition to having a nutritional practice. He recently retired from both practices to devote full time to nutritional studies and research.

[articles.mercola.com]

Date: November 05, 2009 10:41PM

pborst,

My point is that your information is incomplete. It's not a matter of being cynical, rather, it's a matter of having critical discernment. I know the your faith in the "data" is sincere, but please do some broader examination of the facts. It's OK to now know what exactly is in flu vaccines; it's not OK to argue the topic as though you do know. It misleads others.

Date: November 05, 2009 11:17PM

I, personally, like to make educated decisions, not blind ones. And for me - "facts is facts." =) I don't care if it is the government or my family doctor. I ALWAYS investigate to find out the truth for myself before making a decision.

pborst -

Exposing the body to ANY viral or bacterial organism will automatically increase its natural defenses - hence increased antibodies. But that one little fact alone is not a foundation for me to place my trust in a particular product. Using that argument, it would make me eager to run for an AIDS vaccine, trusting the government that - "no no..... it really IS a dead virus!" *LOL* Sorry, that just struck me funny. That's a very weak fact upon which to build an argument.

—Thomas Jefferson

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables