Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Make the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom a law in Canada. Save our Wellness products!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 04, 2009 02:01PM

I don't usually post this kind of thing but this it time sensitive and very important so here it goes, please don't delete it!

Today at 6:15am
SEE SHAWN BUCKLEY. HEAR THE PEOPLE.

Here's the issue: Bill C-6 is now being reviewed by the Standing Senate Committee on Social Affairs. Their job is to review Bill C-6 in detail, hear from witnesses and make recommendations to the rest of Senators before the 3rd and final reading and vote. This Committee will give the rest of the Senate a final analysis of Bill C-6 based on what they have heard. But they will not have heard from Shawn Buckley.

And by extension, us.

Shawn Buckley, constitutional lawyer and author of the Charter of Health Freedom, has been invited as 1 of the key 14 national witnesses to appear before this Committee. That’s the great news.
To have him admitted to this chamber is an honour. And now, for the bad news. It’s on a day, when he will be in Federal Court. He is in a lock down at this trial for 3 weeks. He has been hired to challenge the validity of a section in the Food and Drug act, and show how the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms is being violated. It is an unprecedented case and the Social Affairs Committee apparently, won’t wait.

As of Friday October 30th, the Committee has not given him another option to appear.

NO SUBSTITUTES

It is imperative that he be allowed to give his testimony before this Committee. We all know his perspective is absolutely essential and irreplaceable. There is no alternative. No one has spoken for us, for the Constitution.

We have only tomorrow, Monday November 2 and Tuesday November 3 to let this Committee know that the public wants Shawn Buckley
to represent us in Ottawa.

The first phase of the Stop Bill C-6 Emailing and Letter Writing Campaign was successful. Many veteran and emerging Health Freedom groups, collectively, created a division in the Senate to force a review in Committee.
We made an impact and had emails quoted in the Senate, so they are hearing us.

THE BIG ASK

YOU DON’T HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT TO TALK TO THE SENATORS, THAT’S WHAT SHAWN IS FOR!

All we have to do is make our voice heard. And that we want Shawn Buckley to have the opportunity to truly represent our interests in detail.

Please take a few minutes to PHONE, EMAIL AND FAX your concerns.

It’s really easy to do and can make a big difference.

There are 12 senators and 1 committee clerk. We must reach them all so please contact as many people from the list below as you can! Our CNHC group is very active. Please GET YOUR ACTIVIST ON today and again tomorrow.

It’s best to send short, strong and constructive written communication by email or fax. This time we have to call because we can’t risk not being heard. Here is a sample letter you can send as is, modify, or simply take some ideas from for your telephone call. You have lots of information on the subject. We know you can make this count.

Dear Senator ____________________ ,

Your Committee is now considering the approval of Bill C-6 which is a bill that I have very serious concerns about.

I am disturbed to learn that the Committee has not re-scheduled to hear from Shawn Buckley. I understand that he was offered a slot during a period of time which he was previously scheduled to be in Federal Court and that he has been denied the opportunity to be heard at a time when it is actually possible for him to attend.

I feel very strongly that Mr. Buckley is a uniquely qualified individual who truly speaks for the interest of Canadians. He is not only a Constitutional lawyer but also the author of the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom, which is a proposed legislation that nearly 40,000 Canadians have signed a petition supporting, with hundreds more signing on every single week.

I strongly believe that to proceed with your final analysis of Bill C-6 without hearing from Mr. Buckley would be a grave omission. One that would have not have heard from the voice of the Canadian public.

I urge you to hear from Shawn Buckley on November 25th, 2009.

Sincerely,

Your Name, City & Province Here

48 HRS TO PHONE, EMAIL & FAX

You can call the toll free line and ask for the Senator 1-800-2... but
if you can afford long distance then call the direct line to each Senator’s office. Call all 13. Email all 13. Fax all 13.

THEN let CNHC know that you did.

Please help get Shawn Buckley to in front of the Senate Committee for the Senators and the Canadian public.

Banks, Tommy L (Acool smiley
gautht@sen.parl.gc.ca T: 613... F: 613-995-1938

Callbeck, Catherine L (PE) callbc@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613... F: 613-943-0693

Cordy, Jane L (NS) cordyj@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613... F: 613-995-8432

Dyck, Lillian Eva L (SK) dyckli@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4318 F: 613-995-4331

Eaton, Nicole C (ON) eatonn@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-947-4047 F: 613-947-4044

Eggleton, Art L (ON) egglea@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4230 F: 613-995-4237

Fairbairn, Joyce L (Acool smiley fairbj@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-996-4382 F: 613-995-3223

Martin, Yonah C (BC) martin@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-947-4078 F: 613-947-4082

Ogilvie, Kenneth C (NS) ogilvk@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-992-0331 F: 613-992-0334

Pépin, Lucie L (QC) pepinl@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-996-1726 F: 613-996-8392

Segal, Hugh C (ON) kfl@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-995-4059 F: 613-995-5259

Keon, Wilbert Joseph C (ON)
hogank@sen.parl.gc.ca
T: 613-943-1415 F: 613-943-1796

Keli Hogan Committee Clerk! T: 613-993-9021

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Make the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom a law in Canada. Save our Wellness products!
Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: November 08, 2009 12:18AM

hi coco,

I'm canadian - didn't know about the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom

please tell me more,
thanks

Cynthia

Re: Make the Canadian Charter of Health Freedom a law in Canada. Save our Wellness products!
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 08, 2009 02:11PM

This really sucks. Why are there so many clueless people in governments all throughout the western world? Here in America the government regularly takes aim at alternartives, and the mainstream media is extremely prejudiced against it. I guess people, on the whole, are really either a) =brainwashed or b) duty-bound to the status quo.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2009 08:03PM

Boy, I sure hope people looked this up on their own and didn't wait around for me to visit the library and get on line again to fill them in. Sheesh. I sent emails to everyone on that list and heard back from most of them right away. The more noise we make, the more we are heard. Gotta have your say if you want things to be a certain way when it comes to the Gov't making up the rules as we all go along.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 14, 2009 08:41PM

I'm with you, Coco! If we don't stand up and be heard, it ain't gonna' happen!! If people really knew what was going on in big government right under our noses, it would terrify them. I'm not Canadian, but I'm behind you and encourage our own citizens here in the USA to do the very same thing. EDUCATE EDUCATE EDUCATE YOURSELF! ASK QUESTIONS! DO YOUR RESEARCH! AND STAND UP AND BE HEARD! That's our only saving hope the way things are going these days in ALL governments. The favorite trick is to "slide in" clauses and laws tucked away inside the big bills that look and sound perfectly "good," but if we blindly accept everything they throw at us without doing our own research and self-education, we will pay a HUGE price down the road. Keep up the good work and keep us posted.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables