Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fat soluable vitamins A, E, K and D
Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 04, 2009 05:03PM

How do you get yours? Do we really need these?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fat soluable vitamins A, E, K and D
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 05, 2009 12:06AM

Here are some sources:

Vitamin A - cantaloupe, apricot, peaches, papaya, mango, broccoli, Swiss chard, romaine, kale, carrots

Vitamin E - green leafy veges, avocado, raw wheat germ, nuts

Vitamin K - broccoli, kale, spinach, leaf lettuce, parsley, asparagus, green peas, carrots

Vitamin D - sunshine on skin (no sun screen and not too long)

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:28AM

Lizard,

Yes, we need vitamins--they are metabolized so as to make the component parts that construct and maintain us : )

Trive's list is comprehensive, and remember that as long as there is a small amount of fat in the general diet, and a small amount of fat on your person, you should absorb and maintain these pretty well.

Date: November 08, 2009 07:19PM

How much fat should be receiving on average? Half an avo a day? I serving of nuts? I just don't think I've been absorbing my vitamins A, E, and K and I'm wondering how much fat I need to add in. Normally I was eating maybe 1/2 an avo a week with a serving of nuts a week too. I guess I might need a bit more? I always eat the fat with veggies too.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 08, 2009 09:44PM

Lizard,

I'd eat a bit more fat; that's really veeeeeeery little.

Date: November 08, 2009 10:51PM

Great. Thank you. I will add in some more avo. I love nuts too much to eat more. I already have a hard time controlling myself with them, I just don't trust myself! he he he. Thank you so muchsmiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 22, 2009 04:45AM

Lizard,
I don't usually ask questions like this...but how do you know that vitamins are real? I read an article from a vitamin company about how much was spent trying to discover and market new vitamins. For me I found that a little odd. There were a number of substances also which were kind of on the fence also. Ones which were beneficial, but not essential.

I really believe that society would benefit so much more from getting more vital foods into there body. Taste, satisfaction, health all becoming one. I am kind of a vitamin freak, prone to taking supplements. And I sometimes eat foods for their vitamin content, but I found that the concept of vitamins has rather a conventional sounding western medical origin.

"The word "vitamin" was coined in 1911 by the Warsaw-born biochemist Casimir Funk (1884-1967). At the Lister Institute in London, Funk isolated a substance that prevented nerve inflammation (neuritis) in chickens raised on a diet deficient in that substance. He named the substance "vitamine" because he believed it was necessary to life and it was a chemical amine. The "e" at the end was later removed when it was recognized that vitamins need not be amines."
[www.medterms.com]

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 22, 2009 07:21AM

Mislu, save your money.

Here's an article on Vitamin D that you may find of interest.

(By the way, the title is 'ironic'...IMO there's no 'danger'!)

[debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com]

Date: November 24, 2009 03:08AM

Hello Debbie,
I kind of wondered about the role of seasons and vitamin D. The part about soap is interesting. I usually don't use soap on my face anyways, and might shampoo once a week. I never had my blood level of vitamin D checked. What would the test mean anyways? The local coop is really kind of pushing the vitamin D thing, in conjuction with local hospitals. It has a lot of people reaching for a bottle of pills.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: November 24, 2009 05:37AM

Certainly does. Selling by whipping up fear is usually very effective. Persuading those who don't need your product that 'you do - oh you really do!'.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 05:38AM by debbietook.

Date: November 24, 2009 07:23PM

What a great read debbietook. Thank you so much. Makes me feel better, I'm a bit of a worrier in case everyone couldn't tell. Raw calms me down, he he.

Mislu,
When you stated:

"Lizard,
I don't usually ask questions like this...but how do you know that vitamins are real?"

I'm not sure if I understand your question. I'm not a big supplement person anymore. I just don't think I absorb them properly (history of IBD) and wonder about the residue they leave behind. So, I don't know they are real and I have no faith in them. It's something I'm trying to leave in the past and get as much real nutrients as I can. I just want to be sure I'm not missing any pieces. Sometimes raw is so simple and I guess I'm just used to things being complicated. But looking at my diet before, boy, it was complicated. Now, eating is so much more relaxed,easy, soft. I guess I have more time to think about it.

Date: November 25, 2009 03:51AM

Lizard,
Exactly. They might be real or unreal, or maybe a little of both. They are unreal if they cause emotional complications. They are real if they truely nurish when you consume food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables