Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

5 or 9 tray dehydrators???
Posted by: Krista1987 ()
Date: November 05, 2009 05:55AM

I am thinking of getting a dehydrator and was wondering what peoples thought on the size I should get. I keep hearing that you should just get the larger one but it is quite a bit more (more than I could afford right now) and was wondering how much of a difference there was?

It would be for just me

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5 or 9 tray dehydrators???
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 05, 2009 02:34PM

HI
If its just for you,the 5 tray is fine.
I have the 5 tray and I can dry up to 8-10 squashes at a time in it.

Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 06, 2009 01:12PM

I have the 9 tray and it takes alot to fill it. I often use less than 9 trays, usually do not make enough to fill all nine trays. The nine tray dehydrator is massive, so take that into consideration when purchasing as well.

Deb

Posted by: stylestacey ()
Date: November 06, 2009 02:35PM

9 tray is massive! but i like to dehydrate once....sinc it takes so long....and whatever I am making I like A LOT of smiling smiley so 9 works pretty good for me!

Posted by: Krista1987 ()
Date: November 06, 2009 05:55PM

thanks for you advice. I really appreciate it a lot

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 06, 2009 08:11PM

well i like the 9 tray .. cuz i dont have to use all 9 trays if I dont want too .. if i had a smaller one id have to make more batches

but if price is an issue for you then go with what you feel is the best solution smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: November 07, 2009 07:56PM

I always end up with 7 to 7.5 trays worth of stuff. The five would have been too small for me and the 9 is just a tad too big. I don't really eat dehydrated things but my partner and my son do. I get too thirsty after to really eat stuff like that. I have used it to get the chill off of some of the things I prepare. A 5 tary would be good for that. Maybe even a toaster oven set to 100 degrees.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables