Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: David Wolfe
Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 08, 2009 05:47PM

Lee_123 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
Why bother typing up his words and
> analyzing them?

Because we have the freedom of speech and choice to do so. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: November 08, 2009 06:49PM

Sure. You can eat Twinkies too. You have choices.

Google:

Right speech or

Loshon Hora or

Nonviolent communication

"The trouble is that you think you have time."

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 08, 2009 07:42PM

DW eats honey? Oh....Oh...

All in all, I like him though. I habven't viewed that many youtube vids of his, so I'm not that familiar w/ all his antics, but I guess I don't really care about that too much. I find we are a very visual people, & get turned off rather easily.

I know of folks who don't like certain (charismatic/pentecostal) pastors because of the way they run around & shout...

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "It's the job of little men to bring Big Men
> down".....someone said that.
> Lay off David Wolfe....he is who he is, as you are
> who you are. I still think it's amusing when DW
> said if any Ants get into his Honey, he doesn't
> bother to fish them out, but just eats them
> too.....WY

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:43AM

i like david wolfe because he has passion. i can appreciate passion in any form.

also, i really enjoyed his book "eating for beauty." I think that is what it is called. I purchased it, and only read a very little bit of it. the reason why i like it is because it is sooooooo beautiful. what a wonderfully designed book. I don't really follow him... but whatever. You know what? I like him more then i like matt amdsten or whatever his name is. honestly i don't know anything about either of them really... i'm just going by the look in their faces and their voices. isn't it great how we can have the power to place judgements on innocent people based on nothing at all?

at the same time, i would love to be doing what they are doing. they are doing way more for the world good to make a living then i am. i work at a crappy department store where i sell credit cards to people who's lives would be way better without them. talk about selling out.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 12, 2009 11:43AM

Polksadot,

If I am honest with myself, my response really did not have much to do with your post per se but to the years of posts that I have read which seemed to egregiously attack a lot of various raw food proponents. I think I might have read at least a hundred posts that were in the same vein. Mostly, the posts did not like the person's style, appearance, certain supplement, certain percentage of recommendations etc. You surely do have a right to your opinion and it isn't too difficult to see how DW's style and energy is on a different plain than others and thus might be inimicus to their own sensibilities. My response had very little to do with DW as well ( even though my reply focused on him). I think what happened was that after reading so many lambasting of various raw educators whom I felt did far more good than bad and seeing very little defense of all the good that they do, I felt like I had to "balance" things out a bit. I did not mean for you to get into the line of fire from what I felt was a snowballing resentment of excessively uneven and unconstructive criticism levied against various people with DW being only ONE of them.

Everyone has a right to their opinion. I probably could have articulated my feelings in such a way that it was not lambasting you but that did not happen and I can't erase my previous posts.

Obviously, my response had very little to do with you and more to do with the fact that I felt sorrowful about the fact that a lot of people work exceedingly hard to do good but the very little that they do which is not in agreement with others seems to take center stage.

Perhaps my response was not even wholly about raw educators but about ALL the people in this world who are brutally misunderstood and suffer from slander.

I think that your post probably was the last straw for me and it had reached the tipping point and I felt compelled to make things more "balanced" in my own spirit.

I doubt anyone else felt "balanced" after reading my posts but I wrote it for myself and because I just felt a need to express how I felt ... right or wrong.

I can't honestly say that I regret writing what I did because it really was an HONEST expression of what I felt.

Obviously that is just what you were doing as well... HONESTLY expressing what YOU felt...

It would have been a better thing for me to simply post a separate thread which did not attack your opinion but simply state the gratitude that I felt towards all people that do whatever they can to make the world a better place, however imperfectly.

but i didn't

I guess that just means I'm imperfect too and could stand to improve... daily.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 12, 2009 12:40PM

la_veronique -

That was the most respectable and sincere message I've read in a long time. I appreciate your honesty and humility. Believe it or not, I actually agree with you. I tend to rise up in arms when people are criticized for exercising their free speech because those freedoms are quickly being erased in our country, and I will always rise to defend the freedoms of others, regardless of whether or not I share their opinion. I feel it is important for Americans to wake up and recognize that they need to FIGHT for what we are losing daily, or we will soon wake up far too late.

That being said, I appreciate your honest message above and respect for your sincerity. I wasn't going to participate in this thread any longer, but I just had to respond to your message because it is so positive. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2009 12:44PM by plainlydressed.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 12, 2009 01:53PM

plainlydressed

i can admire your passion to freedom of speech

however my passion (as of late) has been more focused on being passionate about

"correct" speech

something , which you can plainly see, is not easy to do for myself or anyone else for that matter... still...

i feel that freedom of speech which has been abused

becomes no freedom at all

but a gross travesty of it

it is , in effect,

imprisonment

for

1. the person who has spoken it
2. the person who has been privy to it
3. and the person who has been a target of it

Perhaps it was silly of me to counter polksadot's innocuous little post with my
mini poorly written "dissertations". Polksadot was just an unfortunate target for my overarching dissatisfaction against what I perceived to be yet another casual defaming that went unchallenged.

I ought to actually be grateful for polksadot's post. It made me look at myself and see how I might have quietly ( not publicly) defamed others.

How many times have I silently defamed my parents for all their "wrongdoings" without acknowledging the countless and numerous things that they actually did right?

You probably already know the answer.

When I acknowledge all the good that my parents have done despite all their tremendous difficulties, I feel gratitude. I also feel awe. When I am in that place, the terrible schism is closed and true forgiveness takes place.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: November 12, 2009 03:28PM

I think David Wolfe is on a raw junk food diet but that's his choice.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: November 14, 2009 12:58PM

David Wolfe says he drinks water with a touch of sea salt but eats little if
anything in the morning, then has a garden and eats wild herbs and berries and
is fond of wild mushrooms which are plentiful and in great variety where he
lives, and drinks a cocoa smoothie if working very late into the night. He
reminds me of Dr. David Jubb who advocates fresh wild herbs.

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 14, 2009 01:50PM

wow... This is intense. I wish I was on a raw only junk food diet instead of a vegan junk food diet trying to be raw...

too each their own right?

much love to everyone

nomnomnomnom...!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 14, 2009 08:18PM

What are we talking about here? Is it about his personality or about him as a salesman?

My statements are based on my personal feelings after having spent time and worked with the man. I feel qualified to state that I do not enjoy his personality, that I find him dishonest, self-serving and aggressive. He is not the sort of person that I want to be around at All. His public persona is very different, in my experience, from the "real" David Wolfe. He's a great speaker, very inspirational and motivational and all that and that's terrific because it does exactly what it is supposed to do. It inspires and educates people about raw foods and it sells his books and products for him. But he is a VERY different person in real life.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables