Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What about soy?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 08, 2009 10:45PM

Sorry, I'm still new in the raw food diet, I'm a vegan so and I don't know if eating tofu is bad because I'm triying to be 100% raw and I actually have been doing it 100% but can anyone tell me exactly what I'm not supposed to eat please? HELP HELP
Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What about soy?
Posted by: Trive ()
Date: November 08, 2009 11:48PM

Tofu is cooked. You can search on this site for what people have written about soy.

As to what to eat, have you read the FAQs and recipes on this site? There are LOTS of raw recipes on places like allrawrecipes.com and goneraw.com.

Besides the FAQs here, you can check out www.rawfoodforum.com, www.rawfoodexplained.com, www.rawschool.com/basics.htm, www.rawforlife.co.uk, and thebestofrawfood.com. There are jillions more. It seems that the more you search, the more you find! And, of course, you can always ask people here when you are stumped.

Good luck and welcome!

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 09, 2009 01:01AM

To explain that a little further, Tofu is the by-product of making soy milk. The beans are cooked, blended, processed, and strained. The liquid is "Soy Milk," and the remaining blended, cooked beans (usually known as "curd"winking smiley is pressed into blocks to make "Tofu." So the product is definitely cooked.

I used to love steamed Edamame (raw young soy beans) before my RAW days, but I'm not sure if you can actually get them "RAW" or if they are all cooked or processed to some extent.

And, like Trive said, just start reading reading reading. That's how I learned when I first started...... going to forums, websites, reading books, etc. You learn as you go and learn through trial-and-error. You'll get it. Keep up the good work. =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 09, 2009 01:52AM

Thanks a lot, great information, will keep on searching and clearly tofu is now 100% out of my list.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 09, 2009 10:27PM

Edamame is cooked. Soy has a toxin that makes it indigestible in its raw state. There are some people who have figured out how to use fermentation to make soy digestible for them (perhaps not for everybody though).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables