Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

lessen bananas
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:17PM

Hi everyone,

Im still eating bananas which are still my main calorie resorce. how do I lessen them? Its just I want a change. Does anyone find it difficult to be with out them? what other fruit should i use in place.

Does everyone use bananas as a main source of calorie. Also what about protien i know David Klien said that bananas are the best for that.

thanks guys

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: lessen bananas
Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: November 09, 2009 09:29PM

Green juice and sprouts have lots of protein.
Dates are in season now. You could use them instead of bananas for calories

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 09, 2009 10:25PM

Bananas are great for when I am looking for a less juicy fruit. They seem more solid and filling than other fruits, but are not concentrated like dates or dried fruit.

Other tropical fruits (like mangos) offer a lot of calories and are filling.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:02AM

This is the season for persimmons, if you can get them.

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:04AM

when i eat bananas, i get addicted to them. does anyone else find this to be?

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:18AM

I second the green juices. I just love them though. It's an easy way to stock up on some calories in the morning.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:25PM

My foods change with the seasons. Right now I'm eating a lot of oranges, apples, grapes, pomegranates and WG juice.

Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: November 10, 2009 05:57PM

I second the sprouts, they are a great source of protein. Lentil sprouts are awesome, as is mung sprouts.

Posted by: Krefcenz ()
Date: November 10, 2009 06:11PM

purple & red grapes have so many phytochemicals, they'd be my choice. Muscadine grapes are the best but not available everywhere.

Date: November 10, 2009 10:13PM

ok thanks i will eat more mangos and green juices. Unfortuantly with UC you can not digest complex carbs so i cant do the lentil sprouts. or any type of bean sprouts. I did try them when i first went raw then i really had a bad time.

Thanks guys

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: November 11, 2009 01:53AM

just make sure whatever you do that you just eat whatever you change for a day or so .. do it mono and see and feel how your body reacts .. if you throw a bunch of different things at it and you react its hard to figure out smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: November 11, 2009 11:07PM

true Jodie,

I didnt think of that thanks

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: November 13, 2009 06:22PM

It's funny because I used to not be a big fan of bananas. I liked them in cereal and occasionally by themselves, but NEVER liked banana-flavored anything (pie, ice cream, candy, etc.). I'm still particular about the condition of my bananas, but I've been enjoying them more and more lately. I don't like them "ripe" or speckled and neither do I like them GREEN, but I have been enjoying them and buying them a lot more. They make the perfect meal or snack on the run, especially at work when I get the hungries. It's funny how our body's change and adjust and tell us what we need and don't need. I never thought I would be eating as many bananas as I have lately. *LOL* =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables