Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

mono food addictions?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 10, 2009 12:09AM

some foods i find that i get addicted to. like, i will eat them, and then i can't stop eating that one food.

bananas
avocados
nuts
tomatoes
dates

these are the foods i have had issues with. like when they are in my life, and i am eating them every day, i find that i CRAVE them. if i don't have them for about a week, then it's easier to not have them, and the less i have them, the less i even want them. however, when i start eating them again, it's like i CAN'T put them down.

i don't like having that feeling towards food. that i am not eating them because my body craves and is hungry for it... i am eating it because it is some kind of pleasure, comfort feeling that i am craving to fill me up.

then, when i eat so much of these foods, i begin to get lethargic.

does anyone else find this to be? why do you think this is?

any insight would be appreciated.

tomatoes especially i find i have a big issue with. they give me bags under my eyes when i wake up in the morning if i eat a lot.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mono food addictions?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 10, 2009 04:10AM

Hmmm...I can relate to those experiences....and they seem very normal to me. You just have to work with 'cravings' and 'addictions' that YOU think are issues....and work to cut down on them and/or find healthier alternatives. One method you can try is to have at least 1 day a week where you do not eat foods that you find bad for you.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Re: mono food addictions?
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: November 11, 2009 04:32AM

At least you are addicted to good foods not SAD food.

Wouldn't food addictions be a good thing anyway? Foods come in seasons where for weeks or months (if you were in the wild) you would be eating the same things day after day while the foods are in season. And as you said if you aren't eating the foods then you don't crave them, that's probably a good thing too.

I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables