Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw vegan diet, balanced.. wish find way to improve health
Posted by: Rainbow ()
Date: August 11, 2006 09:10PM

Dear,

I have been on raw since begining of this year.. but recently, I feel I am getting down.

I start to have only one BM per day. (I had 3 or 4 times a day one month ago)
I cut almost all the salt and nut. What else should I do to improve my situation. I believe I am in detox and do not know when it will be finished.
My skin and eyes become dry..and experience sever very pain on the very low back spine and around that area.

Raw brings me enormous improvement in the past months and now I am stuck here and could not improve.

In addition, I believe Chinese traditional medical philosiphy. We should create a very mild climate inside our body so that the body can grow and renew in the its powerful way. If we lose our balance, we will have the climate either too dry, too hot, too humid, too cold and we will be sick.

Could someone explain me that how raw vegan diet can bring us from imbalanced to balanced state?

Nutrition is only one aspect of the food. Food has another attribute: hot, cold, warm, mild etc. The attribute might be changed after food is cooked. Suppose if we have cold climate inside, how could raw change this climate into balance climate? I am now experiencing raw and wish to find answer myself. But if any of you know something about this please share with me.

Many thanks for your comments in advance,
blessings!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw vegan diet, balanced.. wish find way to improve health
Posted by: Ally ()
Date: August 11, 2006 09:30PM

Just as a thought, don't forget to get plenty of outdoor exercise. I like the benefits of walking, running, and yoga combined with a raw food diet.

It's true that "nutrition is only one aspect of food". It may also be true that food is only one aspect of good health and a feeling of well-being. Maybe it's just time for a next step.

You may be in detox, but if you are moving and stretching, the toxins will be less likely to stick around in there, and you should feel better. And if you feel there is a "cold climate inside", exercise will get the blood flowing and help warm you up.

An occasional water fast might help too.

Best wishes, Ally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2006 09:38PM by Ally.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 12, 2006 06:30AM

Diet and nutrition are only one aspect of health. Are you getting enough rest and sleep so that your body can heal? Are you overeating raw foods? How is your social life? Do you get enough exercise?

Date: August 12, 2006 08:55AM

Ally, Thanks for your suggestions. I hardly do any sport due to the pressure of work for the last few months. I will start today again to practice my yoga. I will start from simple yoga and later I can try Ashtanga Yoga.
Also I do not meditate enough for quite some time. All these factor could have bad impact.

Bryan, thanks for the questions so I can check my problems. I really do not have enough sleep, I get up early and sleep late. Now I have a few days of holiday and will plan to be more relax and might also do one or two days of water fast.
thanks again,
blessing

Posted by: FruityJules ()
Date: August 12, 2006 11:44AM

Hi, Rainbow!

These are all good posts. I agree with the balancing aspect.

If you like the Chinese perspective on health, another way to look at all this is using the Yin/Yang model. Raw fruit and greens are very Yin. To balance this "coolness," one needs to have warmth, like from sunshine and vigorous exercise, which are Yang.

If one is inactive and stays indoors in front of a computer or TV and then eats lots of fruit and raw foods, you see how one could quickly get out of balance.

Moving my body outdoors in the sunshine seems to balance perfectly with the fruit, like they are all made for each other!

And yes, plenty of rest and sleep is important, too. Also, I have learned that it is VERY important not to overeat. As you go along this path, everything becomes more subtle and requires attention and discernment in subtle ways.

But it sounds like you are doing great and it will only get better. Great thread, here!

smiling smiley

Love,
Julie

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 12, 2006 05:32PM

Yes! Especially with a high raw fruit diet, a person needs to get exercise and sunshine, and at least 7 hours of sleep.

Posted by: GyroGirl ()
Date: August 13, 2006 01:38AM

Hi Rainbow,

Kudos to you on giving the raw journey a go, I hope it all works out for you.

When it comes to dry skin and eyes, I have found this happens to me when I don't eat enough fats. Fats, quite literally, lubricate. Eyes, joints, the brain, they are essential for many aspects of health. My hair will even become dry without enough. Google dry eyes and you'll find some more info about it.

In terms of BM's is it somehow possible that you're not eating enough volume? If you're mostly raw, that would be hard to do which leads to my next question, are you getting enough water?

About the lower back pains, I usually have pain here if I am gaining or losing weight, or having pms. Is it possible you're losing weight on your current diet?

Best wishes

Date: August 13, 2006 08:36PM

Hi Julie,

Thank you very much for your message! I totally agree with your right concept. I can balance my food with many things else and all these will contribute to the balance. I was always feeling cold when I was in cooked vegan. And now,I do not feel that cold now with raw and I think my circultion is improved.
I will take your suggestion in mind to do more outdoor excercise. I do not know how much I should eat. Someone said you have to eat a lot to get calories. I feel so good when I am on juice fasting. I need to build a new way of life and balance in all aspects.

Hi Shep, I will add more green to my diet to see how it goes.Thanks for your comments.

Hi GyroGirl, thanks for your reply!

In terms of BM's is it somehow possible that you're not eating enough volume? If you're mostly raw, that would be hard to do which leads to my next question, are you getting enough water?

--> I am not getting enough walter. When I am busy I forgot to drink and eat. Then I am so hungry and eat a lot. It is bad habit. I need to change it.

About the lower back pains, I usually have pain here if I am gaining or losing weight, or having pms. Is it possible you're losing weight on your current diet?

--> mY low back pain is a problem when I was cooked vegan. That is one of my reason to change to raw. i wish to fix this through raw. I feel more pain when I am fasting. I thought it was detox. I need more rest and let body to heal all this.

Thanks again for all your response! They are all very helpful!
with blessing!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 13, 2006 09:07PM

Have you ever done a parasite cleanse and a colon cleanse before?

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: August 13, 2006 11:13PM

Could you be slightly dehydrated? I recommend plenty of juicy fruit for best results.

Sincerely,
Gosia.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: August 14, 2006 08:02AM

Hi Shep, I have never done parasite cleaning and BUT did some colon cleaning with warm water when during fast. I am going to grow wheatgrass today and wish to use wheatgrass juice to do cleaning.

Hi Rawgosia, I start juice fast today and wish to continue till fix the problem.

Thanks for reply!
with blessing

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 14, 2006 03:43PM

The pain in the lower back is probably not caused by diet, but with how you use your back, whether your body is in proper alignment, and your posture. For most folks in western society who sit at a desk job all the time, their lower backs are tweaked from sitting in chairs all the time with improper posture. But many of them don't feel the pain of the bad posture because they've been sitting this way for a while, or that their bodies are so dense from their diets that the feeling is numbed.

Going to a lighter raw diet can re-awaken the feeling in the body and it may be that the pain can finally be experienced. This is a good thing in that your body is telling you what feels good and what doesn't feel good, and you can make adjustments to your habits and lifestyle to get the body in proper alignment and have the pain go away.

Date: August 15, 2006 01:56PM

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for your reply me again! I developed my problem exactly as you said.
I have done excercise for a few days and now I feel much much better and feel only mild pain. I also think it is detoxing. It will be over and be healed. I just need to give the body time to heal to do its wonder.

THanks for the support!
peace and love

Posted by: arugula ()
Date: September 12, 2006 02:00PM

Try 50 g of fiber per day. This usually means more vegetables.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables