Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Making the jump in to raw
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: November 14, 2009 09:37PM

I've been trying to be as raw as possible for awhile now. It comes and goes but in the last month I have thrown it all away. I gained 10lbs in one month! Thats not healthy and I had worked so hard for the past year to be healthy and eat right and for what? I've been thinking a lot on why I did what I did, why I self-sabotage myself and why I couldn't commit to a 100% raw diet. I think most of it was fear. Fear of failing, fear of what others would think or react and maybe even fear of myself succeeding... I still have a lot to think on but Im tired of knowing what's right for my body and turning my cheek the other way. I know how good it feels to be raw and I refuse to deny myself the simple joy of a heathy body and the peace of mind that follows.

Thank all of you for being here and giving such support and love and advice! I don't think I would of even made it this far on my own.

Im looking forward to tomorrow morning as I do not dip my toes into the cool pool of rawism but jump head first in excited joy!

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Making the jump in to raw
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 14, 2009 10:46PM

Its not an easy thing to change eating habits that have been with us for a lifetime. Be kind to yourself as you take the steps in your journey. If you have your course set for the desired destination then keep a gentile grip on the rudder and stay the course. I don't think each step is as important as the overall course. If, say for social reasons, you step sideways for a meal but pick up your heading on the next meal you'll still be on course. As you get more raw time under your belt you'll find that your body just naturally wants undamaged foods more and more and the rudder seems to go on auto pilot (thats what happened for me). Its not each step that counts but the heading that determines where you are going. Happy trails. smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables