Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food and Diabetes
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 25, 2009 02:10AM

A friend who knows I've been raw a long time recommended me to someone who is a diabetic, and he called the other day asking me to advise him. He's an energy healer who has a pretty healthy lifestyle; he's 68 and is thinking of going raw or vegan. He saw Gabriel Cousens' documentary about diabetes, but wasn't initially interested in going raw, just vegan. I told him I couldn't really advise him about going cooked vegan. He wants someone who can really go the 9 yards with him-- give him recipes and guide him every step of the way, and of course he wants to remunerate me for my time. I'm not sure I have the time or the knowledge base to reciprocate, so I told him I had to think about it and 'get up to speed' on the subject, and I'd get back to him, one way or the other. I'm not a trained 'whatever,' and will only follow through if I feel intuitively that I have substantial information and expertise to offer him.

Anybody have any exceptional websites, books, insights to offer? I may just try to steer him to someone more knowledgeable than myself in the Boston area-- anyone know of such a person? Thanks!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food and Diabetes
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: November 25, 2009 02:58AM

For cooked vegan, check out Dr Joel Fuhrman's "Eat To Live" or "Eat For Health", or books/DVDs by Dr John McDougall.

Both these medical doctors promote a low fat whole foods vegan diet. A diet such as this will heal Type 2 diabetes.

Posted by: ScubaSteve ()
Date: November 25, 2009 01:05PM

As Bryan said, I too recommend Eat To Live and Eat For Health by Joel Fuhrman, MD

It is a 2 book set and is designed to introduce one to vegan eating of mostly raw foods in 4 phases. It gives the option of going all the way or stopping at whatever point the individual chooses. Anyway I purchased it at Amazon and highly recommend it.

Recipes are included.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: November 25, 2009 03:33PM

Thanks guys! This sounds like the way to go, since he is not too sold on going raw. He would consider going raw for a month or two in order to heal, and then start eating more cooked food, but his other problem is lack of refrigerator space where he lives, so I can't see him buying lots of produce and doing 100% raw. He will probably be disappointed in one sense-- he had hoped for a personal coach-- but I think this is probably a better solution, nevertheless.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 25, 2009 09:49PM

his other problem is lack of refrigerator space
To find raw foods that don't require refrigeration look in the produce section of the store and look for foods that the store has on display without refrigeration.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables