Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vitamineral Green vs. Pure Synergy
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 27, 2009 04:13PM

Any votes on the top superfood green powder to add to drinking water?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vitamineral Green vs. Pure Synergy
Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: November 28, 2009 03:53AM

my vote would go for pure synergy smiling smiley

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: December 02, 2009 03:38PM

Marine Phytoplankton-my new fave. Either one of the others is good, though keep in mind Pure Synergy is not 100% raw due to the chinese herbs. Still a great product though. Vitamineral Green is the most popular.

Chlorella powder is another good one.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 02, 2009 07:05PM

I'm wondering which is the better bargain: fresh, whole, raw foods or powders ?

Date: December 02, 2009 10:28PM

I like the Garden of Life "RAW" powder myself. I add it to fresh juice though, not water.

Date: March 15, 2011 10:08PM

Careful because the Garden of Life RAW products come in plastic containers. Plastic breathes so technically the product is oxidizing inside of the container. Oxidation means loss of nutrients. To me plastic containers are a sign that the company isn't top tier. You want your superfood powders to come in opaque glass containers..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 10:10PM by jamshaman.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:13PM

Pure synergy contains the toxic klamath lake algae so id give that a miss purely for that reason alone. The toxic microcystins can damage the liver and nervous system.

Vitamineral green looks fine, although does contain cellulase and hemicellulase so you lose the benefits of the fiber contained and if your adding to smoothies it will break down those fiber into sugar also. Which i don't know why so many manufacturers put these in otherwise good looking supplements.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:27PM

Dr Greger said chlorella is dangerous so I won't go near the stuff. Same with Klamath lake. Agree with Chris, stay away from the shi.t.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2011 10:27PM by pborst.

Date: March 15, 2011 11:46PM

I'm using up some that I have but thinking of making my own later on. Seems like ordering some simple things and mixing my own would be the least expensive and I'd get to control what goes in there.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 21, 2011 02:00AM

None of these bottled vitamins compare with the life force coming from a growing plant.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:17PM

I know plastic isn't the best but does it affect it that much?

I'm wondering something... if this diet is so great should we have to supplement? I do... of course... I take an herbal vit/min supplement and a green powder I put in my smoothie... Field of Greens is what it's called of course it's in plastic so now i wonder how good it is... but I guess i've always taken some form of vit/min even when not Raw... i've heard that even our fresh produce is not so nutrient anymore because of the way we have farmed the nutrients out of the soil... although I will admit I felt best when I was able to pick my food right from the garden... can't do that where I am now and i notice the difference so I feel the need to supplement...
I always think of raw foods as eating it living straight from the earth but a bottle be it plastic or glass is not earth... nor is the grocery store... it's a struggle!!!

love laugh and dream

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:24PM

Luvyuu...Use your intuition. I agree with you. I don't see how it can be as healthy as eating fresh, untreated foods. I also don't buy that bit about the nutrients being depleted, etc. For one thing, if you had a green juice every day with a bunch of parsley or cilantro, eat kale salads all the time, etc. the amount of antioxidants and chlorophyll would be off the charts.

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: March 24, 2011 03:24PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dr Greger said chlorella is dangerous so I won't
> go near the stuff. Same with Klamath lake.
> Agree with Chris, stay away from the shi.t.
>
> Paul

You know, its strange. I tried chlorella a couple years ago and it made me actutely very ill. An hour after taking it I vomited and had diahrea for a couplle hours untill it was all out of my system. It was a strong expenditure of nerve energy to get rid of the stuff, I was so tired after. Iv'e always wondered why my body reacted so strongly??

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables