Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Adaptive energy
Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 28, 2009 09:50AM

I just read a statement from a natura hygeine site:

"We found it necessary to explain to our client that, as with overnutrition of any kind, when the body's need for any nutrient is exceeded, the system is called upon to dispose of the excess as best it can and, in the process of doing so, the liver and kidneys are overworked and the adaptive energy and other reserves of the body wasted, never to be retrieved. Once wasted, the life energy is gone, it cannot be recovered to any appreciable extent. This woman has wasted her precious energy in coping with unnecessary and unusable materials she had been constantly putting into her mouth. It was little wonder that her health had kept on its degenerating course."

I found this rather depressing. First of all is it true? I was kind of hoping to recapture some of this vital energy and rebuild it. Maybe I don't understand what its saying, but it almost sounds like if you have low energy that won't ever change.
[www.rawfoodexplained.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adaptive energy
Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: November 28, 2009 12:46PM

"the liver and kidneys are overworked and the adaptive energy and other reserves of the body wasted, never to be retrieved. Once wasted, the life energy is gone, it cannot be recovered to any appreciable extent."

How can they possibly back up a statement like that? It is virtually unprovable. Not only that, I see many cooked/processed food eaters that www.rawfoodexplained.com

would say are polluting/burdening their bodies, & those folks have plenty of energy. They may live out their life on several different medications, but have good energy levels.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: November 28, 2009 01:28PM

Once wasted, the life energy is gone, it cannot be recovered to any appreciable extent.

I believe in the innate wisdom of the body to heal itself if given the opportunity.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: November 29, 2009 12:41AM

Hmmm... I don't know the EMPIRICAL truth of this (perhaps some one else can chime in). I know that I have read that there is some basic life energy that you are allotted at birth....and use up never to be replaced.....while there is other energy that you CAN build up and harness. There is probably some truth to that sort of concept. What do YOU think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: November 29, 2009 02:44AM

I recommend studying Arnold Ehret's "formula of life."

With perseverance, I believe that vitality can be recaptured by anybody; however, this takes time, especially if one is dealing with a health challenge. First the body must be healed of the challenge; only then can one ascend to higher vitality.

There is great wisdom in Ehret's formula. It is presented in Lesson V here: [www.arnoldehret.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2009 02:44AM by Omega.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 29, 2009 07:51PM

I believe that there is a finite and relative amount of energy allotted to each individual at conception, but that it pertains to general longevity rather than specific physical processes, like digestion. That is, that a hard life can exhaust it sooner, but not bad diet alone.

juicerkatz is right--there's no way to back that statement up. And it IS depressing.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: November 29, 2009 11:51PM

The Ki theory.
There are 3 types of Ki (energy or life force)
Inherited Ki (also known as ancestral, Pre-Heaven ,original or source Ki)
This is stored in the kidneys and used up over our life time.
When its gone, we die.

Food Ki (post heaven or grain Ki)
The Ki is in the food, which is transformed by the spleen, which sends ki to the chest, where ki is made into a form useful to the body.

Air Ki (cosmic Ki)

Date: November 30, 2009 01:03AM

Davidzanemason,
The webpage states the believe that the brain doesn't regenerate. But I found some info which states that biologists have now observed this in primates. Ones which have a similiar physiology and anatomy. I want to believe that we can regenerate even spent energy, as there is alot more I want to do in life, and I have made some pretty poor decisions in the past in reguards to lifestyle choices.

I guess the best answer is, do what I think is correct and see what happens. Even if I experience a better life, this may not answer the question. But when I really think about it, is it really necessary for me to know?

Date: November 30, 2009 01:17AM

Fruit Faery,
I have seen webpages that suggest some 'secret way' of rebuilding the ki of the kidneys. Some special chi gong. It made the suggestion, but that its a highly guarded secret. I often wonder about highly guarded secrets! Some herbal texts tell of people regenerating a new set of teeth after using particular herbs. Thats something I thought wasn't possible, and some modern TCM practitioners don't think thats possible. But I think I have heard that some rawfoodists believe in tooth regneration. Today I had a thought I never thought before.

I understand that elephants have six sets of molars. And the last set gets lost around 65 years or later.
[www.elephant.se]

Why don't humans have something similiar? Just because we are familiar with two sets, does that mean thats all for everyone? Especially given how widespread is cooking, and refining of food, and ingesting of inappropriate food, unnatural living etc... But I don't have any evidence yet for that. But maybe we generally only observe two sets of teeth and assume thats always the case, not thinking that its due to unnatural foods.
[animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu]

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:11AM

Mislu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fruit Faery,
> I have seen webpages that suggest some 'secret
> way' of rebuilding the ki of the kidneys. Some
> special chi gong. It made the suggestion, but that
> its a highly guarded secret. I often wonder about
> highly guarded secrets! Some herbal texts tell of
> people regenerating a new set of teeth after using
> particular herbs. Thats something I thought wasn't
> possible, and some modern TCM practitioners don't
> think thats possible. But I think I have heard
> that some rawfoodists believe in tooth
> regneration. Today I had a thought I never thought
> before.
>
> I understand that elephants have six sets of
> molars. And the last set gets lost around 65 years
> or later.
> [www.elephant.se]
> natomy
>
> Why don't humans have something similiar? Just
> because we are familiar with two sets, does that
> mean thats all for everyone? Especially given how
> widespread is cooking, and refining of food, and
> ingesting of inappropriate food, unnatural living
> etc... But I don't have any evidence yet for that.
> But maybe we generally only observe two sets of
> teeth and assume thats always the case, not
> thinking that its due to unnatural foods.
> [animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu]
> mammal_anatomy/tooth_replacement.html

Child bearing and ejaculation both deplete Inherited Ki according to ancient text.
I do like your tooth regeneration idea!

ffx

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 30, 2009 02:19PM

i think it depends on which angle you look at it

TCM aside and i do understand their philosophy

what is most important is what your intent is

if you wish to regenerate the state of your organs

you will do what it takes

yeah, we will all die in the orthodox sense meaning our bodies will end up under the soil which supposedly means bye bye ki or chi reserve

but our primordial energy is infinite however u wanna define primordial

so anything is possible

you can take a philosophy and just focus on one aspect of it
and it will limit you

or you can take that exact philosophy and use it to inspire you

chinese medicine does state that one has a finite reserve of chi and from the moment you are born it is going away

but the philosophy also has numerous texts that demonstrate its preservation, regeneration etc.

are these contradictory?

yes and no

if you don't see them as being synchronistic and synergistic

then it is contradictory

but that is like seeing yin and yang as contradictory

instead of synergistic

i think intent is what is important

if intent is to regenerate

then it is possible to respect and work within a finite paradigm for starters

in order to access the infinite

if one wishes to believe in finite ness then that is their prerogative

it is just a word though

as is infinite

the concept of infinite can be scary

but honestly

i think the idea of anything being finite takes just as much "faith" to believe in

finite things transform constantly and eternally

so where is the finiteness?

finite ness is yoked by and bathed within infiniteness

so main point

don't worry

be happy

and chug a lug your greens

and bathe your spirit with

and a nice dollop of sunlight too

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: December 01, 2009 12:36AM

Very enlightened Mislu! Yes. The question is always before us: What are we going to DO.....NOW?

-It is the quality of this perseverance and attitude that defines our lives - and only to a lesser degree the results or lack thereof. Don't you think?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Date: December 01, 2009 01:44AM

David,
Yes

Date: December 01, 2009 02:26AM

hi davey mason

i like
NOW
too

NOW
is always so much more interesting than anything else

i think i am in love with NOW
now
NOW
NOW
now

yeah! grinning smiley

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 01, 2009 02:45AM

Yes, la_V,

NOW is abso-tively, posi-lutely the best IS there is!

Not so far gone as the past

And more present than, say... the future,

although the future is pretty close to now.

Whoops, there is was.

Wow.

NOW. NOW. NOW.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2009 09:43AM

We found it necessary to explain to our client that, as with overnutrition of any kind, when the body's need for any nutrient is exceeded, the system is called upon to dispose of the excess as best it can and, in the process of doing so, the liver and kidneys are overworked and the adaptive energy and other reserves of the body wasted, never to be retrieved.

Don't worry about it, it's just pure silliness & fearmongering. Take it too much of one vitamin or mineral or another & you're body will adapt (for example peeing out excess vitamin-C). If you eat a healthy diet you shouldn't worry about it (if you start turning orange from too many carrots many it's time to take a break but you're still not going to die years earlier or something, it's not like that machine in Princess Bride).

You'll read a lot of wacky religion-like commandments if you hang in the raw food movement long enough. Most of them are empirically baseless, some might have some truth with a lot of filler (empty calories you could say).

If something sounds too simplistic it probably is. If someone's trying real hard to convince you (or themselves) of something it's usually incomplete in some way.

Including this post! smiling smiley At the end of the day it's up to you to do your own research & exercise your own logical reasoning & personal experimentation to discover the truth.

Peace! smiling smiley

Date: December 01, 2009 11:36AM

yep
its true
the truth
is up
U

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 01, 2009 07:04PM

If you're even feeling like you're done "too much damage" and/or your body is hopeless check out the Body for Life book. Just the pictures on the second or third page. I don't know what diet the author recommends or the workout regime he advises (my housemate showed me the book & said he plans to start following the plan now that he's quit smoking) but it's inspiring. The body & brain are far more "plastic" than most past scientists (let alone laypeople with untested theories) even gave it credit for. Even 70 & 80 year olds can increase their strength by 200-300% in a matter of a year or so. The inside is just as mailable. The whole "you only have so much life force & everytime you sneeze, have sex, play basketball or eat one too many walnuts you lose some of it forever & ever" thing annoys me because it creates irrational fear is people who are already desperate.

If the book doesn't do it for you look into people who've cured tumors, cancer, etc. and not even necessarily with raw food. The brain is your most powerful tool & if you use it to stress about some unsubstantiated quote you're misusing it.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 01, 2009 07:56PM

When I first read the OP's quote from rawfoodexlained I wondered who was the author of the 'Vitamin' chapter. The 'authors' section lists --

Dr. Alan M. Immerman
Marti Fry
T.C. Fry

Sounds like T.C. Fry's Natural Hygiene writing to me, though I've only read a little of his work and hadn't encounteered the limited life force idea before. Alan Immerman is a chiropractor and maybe worked on this person's case of arthritis with the Frys.

Fry was known for being energetic but also may have had a heart condition and suffered from edema in his legs later in life, dying at age 70 of a blood clot lodged in his heart. Chet Day, a health blogger, wrote a long article about it if anyone's interested, The Life and Times of T.C. Fry --

[chetday.com]

Date: December 02, 2009 03:52PM

i think energy is also tied to intent and belief

so both these things have an enormous effect

on the outcome

i also agree with cb
that stressing to the max about eating one walnut too many or throwing a basketball cuz it will reduce your life force is very laughable

it really IS taken out of context

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables