Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

vitamix vs blendtec?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: December 04, 2009 09:36AM

what is the difference between the vitamix and the blendtec? which would you recommend?

also what is the difference between the vitamix 5200 and the 4800?

I basically want a blender that will make green smoothies with a nice texture. I would also use it to make occasional nut butters and nut mylk and stuff. I would like to make pate and other things every once in a while. Mostly will be using it to make smoothies, and am really interested in the nice texture I have seen in vitamix. smooth. =)

I am planning on investing in a nice high powered blender. Please give me any advice you can. thanks. =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vitamix vs blendtec?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 04, 2009 12:49PM

I love my vitamix and could not imagine a morning without it. I never knew about the blendtec until after I purchased my vitamix. I bought the 5200 with the dry container as well as the wet container. I make wonderful green smoothies every morning, nut butters, apple sauce, grind nuts, flax seeds. It is truly a wonderful blender although, I can't compare because I never checked into the blendtec. Here are some videos that I found, hope they help your decision.

smiling smiley Deb

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: December 04, 2009 02:07PM

You might find help on the Blender/Juicer forum on this board at this link: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I've been saving for a long time for my dream blender as well. Had my heart set on a VM for awhile. After alot of research and questions, I'm settled on the Vita-Prep 3 of the VitaMix models. Can't wait to buy it as soon as my jar is full enough of pennies. =) Keep us posted on your purchase and how you like it. I'm SO anxious to try mine for the first time!! =) SMOOTHIE HEAVEN!!! =)

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: December 13, 2009 02:07PM

I just received the most helpful information on this topic from another raw food forum ( [www.rawfreedomcommunity.info] ). I was struggling between the VM 5200 model and the Vita-Prep 3 and had pretty much settled on the VP3. When I asked about the differences, I received this AMAZINGLY HELPFUL response!!

REPLY:

Vita-MIx 5200 or Vita-Prep 3

I struggled with the same decision 5200 vs. Vita-Prep 3. I sent an email to Vita-Mix and here was their response:

"Thank you for your email and for contacting Vitamix Corporation directly with your question. Commercial machines are designed for high volume restaurant/bar operations and they perform specific drink and or food preparation tasks repeatedly. Commercial units have a one-year limited warranty and an instructional manual. Commercial units are available only through dealers, distributors and restaurant supply houses.

No particular process requires 3 HP. Vita-Mix has determined that there is a benefit to a 3 HP motor in commercial applications that produce hundreds of blends of thick purees and thick drinks in a single day. Vitamix 3 HP Commercial machines are designed to be used under a significantly higher daily cycle count and heavier loads than our household machines which do not require 3 HP. This type of performance is not needed or beneficial for household machine performance.

When all is said and done, there really is no benefit for the household consumer purchasing a commercial unit for use in their home."

They also mentioned that the Vita-Prep 3 only includes a very basic cookbook and a 1 year full warranty with a 2 year service contract. The 5200 that I got came with 2 cookbooks a DVD and a larger manual.

In the long run, I decided on the 5200 because of the warranty.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Posted by: yogi33 ()
Date: December 14, 2009 04:55AM

I bought the Health Master for my husband who has Ms it turns our kale into liquid in seconds and a much lower cost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables