Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Coughing from juice
Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: December 17, 2009 04:43PM

A friend of mine is trying to get her father who has lung cancer (was a smoker) to drink fresh juices and smoothies and eat more raw fruit and greesn as an alternative to chemo, he is 86. He still eats cooked food but my friend is trying to convince him that the more raw food he eats the better he will be.
When he drinks carrot juice in particular it makes him cough.
Would straining the juice lessen the problem?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Coughing from juice
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:42PM

Is he coughing while drinking the juice, or afterwards?

If the former, it could be from the pulp or oxalates in the juice. If the latter, it may be a cleansing reaction to the alkaline living water (a good thing).

Posted by: andabanana ()
Date: December 17, 2009 05:52PM

Try other juices: celery, apple, cucumber etc... Some people do react negatively to carrot juice which is extremely high in sugar.

Posted by: Sunberry ()
Date: September 14, 2011 04:32PM

Just want to give an update about my friends father with the lung cancer. She told me that after several months of raw food only Sunday's for her father she got discouraged because the test measuring the size of her fathers lung tumour showed it was the same size. Frankly I was not that surprised as he was only raw one day a week, but she kept him on it anyway.

But the next test showed the tumour was getting smaller and she (and I) was overjoyed. She too now owns a Vitamix and has fruit and veggies sitting on her desk everyday and another friend as well here at the office has a huge salad every day instead of food court SAD for lunch. It does my heart good....

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 14, 2011 08:03PM

Sorry to hear about your friend's father, Sunberry. A major lifestyle overhaul won't work unless it's major, but at least she is inspired to keep trying.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables