Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ok I am JUST starting Living Raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 13, 2006 04:12PM

Please help. I am over weight and my blood work was horrible and Dr wanted o do meds and I wanted to give diet a try first. PLEASE any help is great ..I do want to prove I don't need meds!I LOVE ALL fruit and veggies. I am not sure about sprouts and have never grown any and not at all sure how. I love nuts..but I am sure the kind in my groc. store are not what you mean. Like unsalted sunflower seeds..are these all alike?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ok I am JUST starting Living Raw
Posted by: chilove ()
Date: August 13, 2006 05:25PM

Hello there,

Welcome and congratulations on finding raw! You are about to embark on a wonderful journey that can lead you to health and happiness! Just start by eating fruits and veggies! :-) You don't have to make it complicated. You don't need to bother with sprouts or sprouting, there is nothing in them that we can't get from other greens and vegetables. Just eat what you like and enjoy. If you are trying to lose weight, you should be more moderate in your nut and seed intake and concentrate more on fruits and veggies.

All the best,

Audrey
www,rawhealing.com

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 13, 2006 06:15PM

Heya! You're asking the right, intelligent questions!

Opinion:

-This is not a diet or discipline that you adhere to! No MAN invented it and patented it! It is fresh fruits, vegetables and nuts! If you analyze what level of those things you DO eat now....and are VERY comfortable with now (say 5% of your diet)....then simply aim to increse it by 1-2% per week until you arrive at your goal! I would suggest to eat a very WIDE variety of such foods (especially greens) in the beginning....while eating a small and measured amount of fat with every meal (nuts, avocadoes, coconut, etc.).

-Get plenty of light exercise, pure water (when you are not eating), and lots of rest when your body demands it.

-You'll do great! But don't stress yourself! Eating well doesn't have to be a big chore, or nasty discipline or big expense!

-Just my experiences.

-David Mason

Date: August 13, 2006 06:16PM

So I can just eat my veggies and fruits and not worry about protein.I have tried every diet out there and they say 5 servings of this 3 servings of that.I have not ate much meat in years and would not be sad if I never eat it again.But of course I do worry about protein. I do eat some beans that would be enough right?!

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: August 13, 2006 07:34PM

My experience:

-I have been an all-raw person for many years. I DO think that a person will never achieve the abnormal muscle bulk that you see in professional body-builders.......but hey! I'm the strongest, healthiest guy I know!

So: The protien thing? Myth. How many Americans (sans eating disorders) do you see suffering from protein deficiency? Ha! Just the opposite. Logically, I would say not to worry about it until you are in the bottom 20% of what physicians deem the appropriate body weight and BMI. Before that, protein deficiency or maintaining weight or the least issues! LOL. Complete proteins need to be broken down into simple ones before they can be utilized by the body efficiently anyway.

-What do you think?

-David Mason

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: August 13, 2006 10:05PM

The protein scare was created by the meat industry to promote thier product. Did you know that you can overdose on protein? An overdose of protein leads to an acidic body and this causes cancer - cancer has a hard time thriving in an alkaline body, it causes osteoporosis - the acidic body tries to nutralize the acid by leaching minerals from the bones.

Have you ever tried a low protein diet? I bet you couldn't do it, your body would send you looking for protein, the same way it might send you looking for chocolate. You are going to get so much protein with all the nuts you are going to be eating on a raw diet, and it's better protein!

4 almonds = 1g protein
1 Tbls Sesame Seeds = 1.6g protein
25 pine Nuts = 1g Protein

Date: August 16, 2006 04:37AM

hi, new to raw too and doing it due to health issues. This is a wonderful place to find out so much information (which can be overwhelming) and I appreciate that many folks aren't trying to be fundamentalists about this and that you need time and patience with your body, habits, and mind set to really make lifestyle changes. At any rate, the protein thing...yeah, people always like to say to vegetarians "ooohh, are you getting enough protein?" In my expereince vegetarians eat a lot of dairy and eggs soooo...and i see that on the raw diet you can eat raw cheese and milk if you like...as for myself, i haven't been able to eat the junk in years, and as time goes by more things get added to the "god that makes me feel horrible" list...hmmm, makes me wonder about food and i'm so excited to see that i've been hypnotised into believing certain myths about food, but one bit of advice I came across in a newsletter called the tightwad gazette, interms of protein consumption, is to use protein like a condiment, just as something extra, not as a whole meal...even the quantities of meat we are "supposed to eat" are at the size of a deck of cards, and after three days on 90% raw that seems more like a truck load! I'm trying to watch how much nuts I use, and use them, at this stage, in the same way...as a nice condiment that adds some good mouthfeel and a more than adequate amount of protein....long live fruit and veg...good luck to you

Date: August 16, 2006 05:34PM

I found the best way to start Raw food is to fast a day, and than start the following day. The first two days are the hardest, you will feel weak and have little energy, thats beacuse your body is going through drastic changes. After the initial change you will have more energy and a cleaner lifestyle than before. I promise.

Peace!

faith.

PS: Remember to keep fresh friuts and Veggies in your house at all times, so if you find yourself reaching for the wheat thins or a peice of bread, grab an apple instead.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables