Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

keeping you posted
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: December 24, 2009 09:35AM

Hey there... Many you have asked me to keep you posted on my healing journey... you have all been very encouraging as i struggle to find a way to release the stuck energy... Well I have gone and gotten some tests done... an ultra sound for abdomen including my ovaries and uterus and what they have found is a large cyst on my left ovary and my gallbladder has thickened walls with out the presence of stones... so cholecystitis is what my doc is calling it... and still having trouble with my ph being too acidic even though i eat a completely alkaline diet...

She has me taking a few tinctures... 2 for hormone balance and a digestive bitters... also chloroxygen to build my blood as my red and white blood count was low and Dr. Young ph balancing mix of bicarbonates to balance the ph... she is strongly encouraging me to add some cooked foods to my diet... like steamed veggies and buckwheat and some beans...maybe rice... variety basically... i tried some sprouted beans but there was too much gas for my belly... I did steam some broccoli and although it was nice to have something warm i didn't really notice much difference... I also tried a potato steamed with brussel sprouts... but again not much difference... though i have been a bit farty...

It's really hard for me to consider eating cooked foods again...even the process of cooking seems strange to me... she is actually quite supportive of the raw lifestyle and is trying to work with me on this... but i am confused about it... Raw is supposed to be so healing... is it possible that raw can be too harsh on the digestion since my gallbladder is not feeling so well... I've been mostly raw for more than a year and a half and pretty much all raw for the past 8 1/2 months

I know this is a raw forum... but i'm just looking for ideas suggestions support......

i'm making our christmas dinner tomorrow... raw lasagne... raw mashed "potato" with mushroom gravy... stuffed peppers... and halva... My roommates are avid meat eaters so this should be fun to have a holiday meal so different then what they usually do...

happy holidaze to all of you...

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: keeping you posted
Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: December 24, 2009 01:30PM

Don't make raw food a religion, to the expense of your recovery. Arnold Ehret in particular, and Norman Walker, talked about using the cooked foods in the healing process towards optimal health. Your health challenges started long before you went raw I am sure and some raw food is harder to digest, esp. those cruciferous veges. So a little steaming won't kill them or you.
Sounds like you have a good doctor. Learn to listen and listen to learn.
Good luck and bless.

Posted by: Lizard ()
Date: December 24, 2009 02:59PM

Thanks for updating us luvyuu. I don't have any advice (wish I did, not familar with your situation) just wanted wish you a very happy holiday too. and don't worry the body has the ability to heal itself under the right conditionssmiling smiley Wishing health and happinesssmiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:10PM

Hiya, luvyuu! Your doctor is trying to ease your digestion by advising you to eat things that have been partly broken down. Unfortunately, this flies in the face of a basic tenet of raw foodism--nutrients which can heal your body's systems are of greater importance than food and the digestion of it. That is, that eating to ease digestion mitigates the symptoms of the disorder that might be corrected if harder-to-digest but more nutrient dense healing food were eaten instead. It's a bit of a Hobson's Choice for you: eat the simplest raw foods that will repair your system but which may be harder in the short term to break down, or eat easier to digest things that have less healing potential in the long term.

I forget whether your diet on balance is very simple, i.e. whole ripe fruits and fresh greens with minimal fat, or whether it's more of a gourmet program, like your Christmas Feast. If my gallbladder were on the fritz, I'd cut out as much fat as possible, and drink strained greens and apple juices for a while to ease the digestive load on that organ.

Has the doctor any explanation for why the cholecystitis, expecially if there is no impaction? That's the usual cause--a stone in the gall duct, or a bacterial infection. Have you been tested for that?

Hoping that you find a way to ease your discomfort and please remember to get lots of rest, especially at this time of year. Go slowly and trust your body's responses. Blessings to you, dear.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:59PM

I don't want to sound negative, but I agree with teh above poster. Your Christmas feast won't be easy to digest ('m making our christmas dinner tomorrow... raw lasagne... raw mashed "potato" with mushroom gravy... stuffed peppers... and halva). I'd go for some fruit and greens if I were you (for every day, not just Christmas).

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: December 24, 2009 04:43PM

I think an 8oz glass of fresh green juice every day would be good for you. I usually make my juice 3/4 celery and 1/4 of a dark green. You choose the greens, mix it up. I like to use parsley, spinach, collards, etc...

This will help you avoid nutrient deficiencies while improving the strength of the stomach acid, therfore helping digestion. And it will help alkalize the blood!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: December 24, 2009 06:26PM

The secret to healing is to reduce the energy expenditures your body needs for its daily activities so that there is extra energy available for healing.

The way that raw foods can potentially use less energy is that they can be less toxic than cooked foods, and they can be easier to digest than cooked foods.

Foods like fresh fruits and tender leafy greens are easy to digest and and have few toxins if eaten in a properly food combined fashion.

Some raw foods, like sprouted legumes and raw nuts might be harder to digest than steamed dark leafy greens.

Some raw foods, like raw cacao or other superfoods, are more toxic than simple steamed vegetables.

So if your raw diet is simple, based mostly on fresh fruits and easy to digest salad vegetables, in good food combinations, you should be experiencing some healing and detoxification.

But it is possible to have a raw diet that is hard to digest and is somewhat toxic. The way to tell is if you have digestive problems with the foods you eat (gas, diarrhea, constipation), or if you feel over stimulated from the foods you eat.

Date: December 24, 2009 08:48PM

hello there... thank you all and happy holidays... i don't usually eat gourmet stuff like i am making today... i sort of got volunteered for the making of the food today... as i said they are avid meat eaters and if they cook i have to smell it all day... and still have to make my own food... they decided if i make the dinner then i can be included... it's a strange thing... and somehow i agreed... but i am going to do it happily with peace in my heart... the gourmet part will be for them.. and i am going to try to keep mine simple...

yes i know that nuts should not be had during this time but they are my nemesis even while i am eating them i hear my mind saying "you shouldn't be eating this..." and still I do... I'm struggling with this... I have no problem cutting out other things... but I can't seem to stop with them... I don't know why...

The doc hasn't said yet exactly why she thinks this is happening... i have been doing my own research and there are links of a version cholecystitis and hormone imbalance... and since I have the cyst and the menstral problems I most likely am imbalanced... we are waiting for one more test to come back... it's a hormone test so we'll see after that...

well that's all for now...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:05AM

I think just like grains, nuts sometimes are hard to avoid at first and you may feel strong cravings or have seemingly endless thoughts of them. But it gets better with time.

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: December 25, 2009 03:30AM

luv, I'm not saying that what happened to me will happen to you but I released growths in my raw transition. I'm still transitioning but am close to about 80% raw vegan now. I will likely end up around 98% as there are still some things that I include that are not raw but are vegan for minerals and general well-being like German Chamomile Tea.

I was highly irregular in my periods and they were sometimes excruciating. I released 8 growths over a period of 4 years. I didn't even know I had them. Also, the growth under my tongue went from a wart like scaly bump to slightly rounded. I expect it to completely disappear.

You might try a liver cleanse and parasite zapping, too. I just borrowed the Alkaline Diet book from my local library after seeing an interview with Cindy Wheatcraft overcoming her breast cancer with it. Cindy belongs to one of the Raw groups locally so while I haven't met her, I was aware of who she was.

I've read Dr. Arnold Ehret's work and while he wasn't totally raw, he did advocate alkaline foods (non-mucus forming) in the diet. Rice is highly glycemic so I would stay away from it. Potatoes are not great, either. You might want to look up glycemic index and glycemic load.

Hope that helps. Wishing you better health. Therese

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 25, 2009 12:08PM

Therese,

The Glycemic Index Group has articles trying to bust the myths they inadvertantly helped create with the old GI index. The addition of GL (glycemic load) to newer tables helps because you can see the GL of boiled potatoes (14) is similar to ripe bananas (13), just to try to help put things in perspective--

"1 September 2009
Busting Food Myths with Nicole Senior
Myth: Potatoes are bad for you

"Fact: Potatoes are a vegetable, and vegetables are good for you.
The poor old potato is a much maligned food but it really doesn’t deserve all the criticism. It has been called fattening, bad for blood glucose, and generally undesirable, but this really isn’t fair. Spud lovers can relax. Potatoes are good for you.

"Potatoes are starchy tubers that grow underground. I remember as a child digging them out of the soil and roasting them whole in an open fire at a friend’s farm – pure joy! They are high in carbohydrate for energy and stimulate that feel-good brain chemical called serotonin. Eating potatoes help you feel that life is good. Potatoes are also a good source of vitamin C and fibre (especially if you eat the skin) and also contain vitamin B6 and potassium.

"People often say potatoes are fattening, but this is an exaggeration. Any food containing kilojoules can be fattening if you eat too much, and carbohydrate in potatoes is no more or less fattening than kilojoules from any other source. It is sad for low-carb diets to recommend followers eat mashed cauliflower and pretend it’s potato. Just enjoy a bit of both.

"Eaten whole with minimal additions, potatoes are difficult to overeat due to their high ‘satiety index’. Boiled potatoes are one of the most filling foods you can eat. Potatoes cut into French fries and cooked in unhealthy fats are a different story, but don’t tar all potatoes with the same fast food brush. If you are a French-fry (hot chip) fan, then look for establishments that cook them in healthy oil, keep your portions small and skip the salt. This way, you can have your chip and eat it.

"Most potatoes have a high GI but even GI Queen Professor Jennie Brand Miller agrees there is no need to ban high GI foods altogether. Just enjoy them in a balanced meal with plenty of other vegetables and some lean protein. There are also lower GI varieties such as canned new potatoes, and varieties such as Almera (GI 65) and Nicola (GI 58). Orange-fleshed sweet potato has a GI of 61. Adding a little healthy fat also lowers the GI, so in fact some nice fat potato wedges roasted in a little olive, sunflower or canola oil is a healthy, lower GI option. Adding vinegar also lowers the glycemic response. To keep potatoes healthy, avoid serving them with butter, cream and cheese."

[ginews.blogspot.com]

Happy Holidays everyone
brad

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 25, 2009 12:42PM

..ah, boiled 'white' potato has a GL of 14 according to an on-line list. Russet potatoes are higher, new potatoes maybe lower.

"i'm making our christmas dinner tomorrow... raw lasagne... raw mashed "potato"...

Hmmm, raw "mashed potato" is raw mashed califlower in raw food circles, no? In any case, thanks luvyuu.

Date: December 27, 2009 12:53AM

yes it was cauliflower in the raw mash...

Therese... how did you know that you released the growth if you did not know that they were there... what is a your diet like? i have done liver flushes in the past but they suggest not to do them when you are having an attack and these days my liver gallbladder area is almost always in constant pain... so I have held off... I don't have a zapper... nor can I afford one... maybe i will get back on the parasite tincture... I have been doing the castor oil pack every night... don't know if it's helping or not... I am eating a very high alkaline diet... well except for christmas... I have the ph miracle book and my Doc has worked with the Youngs... so I suppose not i just have to manage my acidic thoughts...

love laugh and dream

Date: December 27, 2009 02:27AM

luv, I know that I released the growths because I had debilitating pain and physical evidence and took pictures. I know, gross, but I had to document it somehow. They were solid, bloody skin as thick as my thumb, as long as my pinkie, and had tentacle like shreds at the end of it. In the past, I have had pelvic exams and the doctors found no fibroids, etc. Hope that answers your questions in that regard.

During the past 4 years, my diet has continued to evolve from modified raw vegan closer to 100% raw vegan. There were times when I was doing 10 day distilled water fasts and other cleanses to times when I was almost 100% SAD, again. Those almost SAD episodes didn't last due to the ill effects on my body. Otherwise, I would still be SAD. Since I just changed my diet again, what I'm doing now is better than what I was eating on a normal basis before. Also, my menu continues to evolve as I learn more things. Currently, I am eating a lot of blended soups w/chunked up veggies in it. Most of the base is cucumber and celery with some avocado. I have been eating raw dehydrated onion bread and raw Nori rolls. The Nori isn't raw but the veggies inside are raw. I do season with non-raw b/c that is what I have, e.g. Tahini or Roasted sesame seeds. I do use sea salt, though. I eat fruit in the mornings along with herbal tea. I might change this to green juices in the morning, though. I have had a lot of raw sprouted hummus. The garbanzo beans are raw but the seasonings like the Tahini, Paprika, Cayenne, and Onion Powder aren't. The lemon juice and the sea salt would be considered raw. Haven't gotten the perfect raw lunch menu yet but am working on it.

I finished reading the pH Miracle Book by the Youngs. I discussed some of the points with a friend who has been a modified raw for a long time. He was 100% raw vegan at one point and then let it slide. He is re-approaching 100% raw vegan now.

We both disagreed with their soy theory and the fruit theory as there is outstanding evidence that is contrary to soy and supportive of fruit. Also, we think raw is optimal. However, the need to get the blood alkaline is very valid. The emphasis on the importance of green juices made me re-evaluate my diet, too. I will be doing more of those. In the meantime, I have purchased Chlorophyll to rebuild my red blood cells.

luv, Do you know how to do or know anyone that does Reiki, QuantumTouch, or Theatahealing? When pain gets extreme for me, I do Reiki on myself. If you could get someone that knew what they were doing, that would ease your pain. You will still have to follow through with the diet and alkalizing but at least your pain would be diminished. Meditation is also helpful for stress.

You might try drinking Colloidal Silver everyday to reduce infection. Also, Serrapeptase is good for inflammation.

I re-reviewed Cindy Wheatcraft's interview with Dr. Young: [www.phmiracleliving.com] She said she did a lot of Chlorophyll and did 12-16 weeks of blended green juices or green veggies after her second appointment with Dr. Young after initially eating the alkaline diet which wasn't enough. The greens only approach might help you, too.

I have copied the Liver Flush by Hulda Clark below in case you don't have this one. Ignore if you already have this. Ignore the Ornithine part, too. I didn't have the dental work or the kidney cleanse done prior to it either but it is optimal to have those done prior. You can repeat the flush every 8 weeks, if I remember correctly, until there are no more stones. It is important to zap though. Hopefully, you will be able to afford one soon. Take care. Therese

Liver Flush by Hulda Clark from "The Cure for All Diseases".
Preparation.

-> You can't clean a liver with living parasites in it. You won't get many stones, and you will feel quite sick. Zap daily the week before; or get through the first three weeks of the parasite killing program before attempting a liver cleanse. If you are on the maintenance parasite program, you are always ready to do the cleanse.

-> Completing the kidney cleanse before cleansing the liver is also highly recommended. You want your kidneys, bladder and urinary tract in top working condition so they can efficiently remove any undesirable substances incidentally absorbed from the intestine as the bile is being excreted.

-> Do any dental work first, if possible. Your mouth should be metal free and bacteria free (cavitations are cleaned). A toxic mouth can put a heavy load on the liver, burdening it immediately after cleansing. Eliminate that problem first for the best results.

Ingredients

Epsom salts 4 tablespoons

Olive oil half cup (light olive oil is easier to get down)

Fresh pink grapefruit 1 large or 2 small,

enough to squeeze 2/3 to 3/4 cup juice

Ornithine 4 to 8, to be sure you can sleep.

Don't skip this or you may have the

worst night of your life!

Large plastic straw to help drink potion.

Pint jar with lid

Choose a day like Saturday for the cleanse, since you will be able to rest the next day.

Take no medicines, vitamins or pills that you can do without; they could prevent success. Stop the parasite program and kidney herbs, too, the day before.

Eat a no-fat breakfast and lunch such as cooked cereal with fruit, fruit juice, bread and preserves or honey (no butter or milk), baked potato or other vegetables with salt only. This allows the bile to build up and develop pressure in the liver. Higher pressure pushes out more stones.

2:00 PM . Do not eat or drink after 2 o'clock . If you break this rule you could feel quite ill later.

Get your Epsom salts ready. Mix 4 tbs. in 3 cups water and pour this into a jar. This makes four servings, 3/4 cup each. Set the jar in the refrigerator to get ice cold (this is for convenience and taste only).

6:00 PM. Drink one serving (3/4 cup) of the ice cold Epsom salts. If you did not prepare this ahead of time, mix 1 tbs. in 3/4 cup water now. You may add 1/8 tsp. vitamin C powder to improve the taste. You may also drink a few mouthfuls of water afterwards or rinse your mouth.

Get the olive oil and grapefruit out to warm up.

8:00 PM. Repeat by drinking another 3/4 cup of Epsom salts.

You haven't eaten since two o'clock , but you won't feel hungry. Get your bedtime chores done. The timing is critical for success; don't be more than 10 minutes early or late.

9:45 PM. Pour 1/2 cup (measured) olive oil into the pint jar. Squeeze the grapefruit by hand into the measuring cup. Remove pulp with fork. You should have at least 1/2 cup, more (up to 3/4 cup) is best. You may top it up with lemonade. Add this to the olive oil. Close the jar tightly with the lid and shake hard until watery (only fresh grapefruit juice does this).

Now visit the bathroom one or more times, even if it makes you late for your ten o'clock drink. Don't be more than 15 minutes late.

10:00 PM. drink the potion you have mixed. Take 4 ornithine capsules with the first sips to make sure you will sleep through the night. Take 8 if you already suffer from insomnia. Drinking through a large plastic straw helps it go down easier. You may use ketchup, cinnamon, or brown sugar to chase it down between sips. Take it to your bedside if you want, but drink it standing up. Get it down within 5 minutes (fifteen minutes for very elderly or weak persons).

Lie down immediately. You might fail to get stones out if you don't. The sooner you lie down the more stones you will get out. Be ready for bed ahead of time. Don't clean up the kitchen. As soon as the drink is down walk to your bed and lie down flat on your back with your head up high on the pillow. Try to think about what is happening in the liver. Try to keep perfectly still for at least 20 minutes. You may feel a train of stones traveling along the bile ducts like marbles. There is no pain because the bile duct valves are open (thank you Epsom salts!). Go to sleep, you may fail to get stones out if you don't.

Next morning, upon awakening take your third dose of Epsom salts. If you have indigestion or nausea wait until it is gone before drinking the Epsom salts. You may go back to bed. Don't take this potion before 6:00 am .

2 Hours Later. Take your fourth (the last) dose of Epsom salts. Drink 3/4 cup of the mixture. You may go back to bed.

After 2 More Hours you may eat. Start with fruit juice. Half an hour later eat fruit. One hour later you may eat regular food but keep it light. By supper you should feel recovered.

How well did you do? Expect diarrhea in the morning. Use a flashlight to look for gallstones in the toilet with the bowel movement. Look for the green kind since this is proof that they are genuine gallstones, not food residue. Only bile from the liver is pea green. The bowel movement sinks but gallstones float because of the cholesterol inside. Count them all roughly, whether tan or green. You will need to total 2000 stones before the liver is clean enough to rid you of allergies or bursitis or upper back pains permanently. The first cleanse may rid you of them for a few days, but as the stones from the rear travel forward, they give you the same symptoms again. You may repeat cleanses at two week intervals. Never cleanse when you are ill.

Sometimes the bile ducts are full of cholesterol crystals that did not form into round stones. They appear as”chaff" floating on top of the toilet bowl water. It may be tan colored, harboring millions of tiny white crystals. Cleansing this chaff is just as important as purging stones.

How safe is the liver cleanse? It is very safe. My opinion is based on over 500 cases, including many persons in their seventies and eighties. None went to the hospital; none even reported pain. However it can make you feel quite ill for one or two days afterwards, although in every one of these cases the maintenance parasite program had been neglected. This is why the instructions direct you to complete the parasite and kidney rinse programs first.

Date: December 28, 2009 09:11PM

Ah... so you know about serrapeptase? I was just reading about this... it seems like a cure all... so you've used it and it works well??? They say it will also eat a cyst which would be great... how much should i take? do you use a specific kind?

anyhow.... yes I know how to do reiki and I do it on a regular basis... I have been doing some nice meditations where i hold my gall bladder in my vision and nurture it like i would a little baby... and i do a castor oil pack every night... i am trying to visualize the cyst draining away and shrinking... I have also started doing EFT (Emotional freedom technique) for my addiction to nuts and over eating... I did it last night... and it seemed to help... at least today I didn't keep eating until i was too full... even if it is just carrots that i am over eating on... it's still over eating right... I will do it again tonight to keep a good hold on it...

I have done the liver flush that you sent me... i have been waiting because i read not to do it when an attack is occurring... and since i constantly feel like someone is pinching my gallbladder I thought maybe i should wait... or should i do it anyway...

I'm trying to learn how to be more gentle with myself... nurturing and kind... it's not an easy thing for me... as I've always had a bit of an anger issue which goes right a long with the gall bladder stuff... but baby steps...

thank you

love laugh and dream

Date: December 29, 2009 04:17AM

Hi luv,

Serrapeptase is great for inflammation and pain caused by inflammation. I muscle-test to see how many to take. You wouldn't want to take it while doing the liver flush. Serrapeptase will dissolve brain tumors but uncertain regarding other tumors per my friend. A cyst is not a tumor so unsure what it will do there. Read about Serrapeptase here [www.serrapeptase.info] Buy Serrapeptase at 40,000 units (400 mg) in veggie caps. I purchased Doctor's Best brand but any that meets the criteria stated. I buy more than one bottle at a time to take advantage of discounts.

Great that you know Reiki and other natural healing methods.

Do not eat any nuts or seeds of any kind with gall bladder trouble. Do the liver flush immediately if you are not vomiting or nauseated. When doing the flush do not eat anything except what is stated above in the flush instructions. Use the "light" olive oil this may also be known as light tasting olive oil like Bertolli. It is easier to swallow and isn't as heavy as Virgin Olive Oil which will likely cause nausea. You may repeat the flush every 7 weeks until no stones appear. Do it once a year for maintenance. You don't need a parasite zapper prior to the flush but keep it in mind for the future. Hope you get better soon. Therese

Date: December 29, 2009 07:52AM

Thank you Therese... I have ordered the serrapeptase... i'm starting with one bottle to see how it goes... i will muscle test to see what my body wants... I did a liver flush about a month ago... i have read you can do them every 2 weeks but should i wait???

love laugh and dream

Date: December 31, 2009 02:10AM

Hi luv, You're welcome. My friend said because you are still having problems, go ahead with another flush. Don't combine the Serrapeptase with the flush. Don't eat nuts/seeds at all until the stones are completely gone.

Be sure to follow the instructions above <u>exactly</u>. Yesterday, a man needing to go to the hospital for kidney stones had the stones dissolved in a 14 hour period by following the directions above to a "T". Today, he is fine. Be sure to go to bed directly after doing the 10P activity. That means teeth are brushed beforehand, etc.

You might want to eliminate mushrooms, too, due to the cancer-causing effect. This is emphasized in "The pH Miracle Diet" book.

Good luck. Therese

Date: December 31, 2009 07:39AM

hey... I don't eat mushrooms... I am still having trouble keeping nuts out... I don't know what the deal is... but even though i know... and have known for a long time not to have them... still I binge... anyhow I know the protocol for the flush I have done it many times... the thing is... with the ultra sound that was done for me... there were no stones to be seen and he looked pretty good...just the thickened wall of the gallbladder... My Serrapeptase hasn't arrived yet so no worries combining the 2...

love laugh and dream

Date: January 12, 2010 06:58AM

Hey there... so now my doc wants me to have a biopsy of the cyst on my ovary and to have it drained... I'm confused because I have always believed in natural and non invasive healing... and so i wonder what to do? she says the problem with digestion is not cholecystitis... because there are no stones and no infection... and the blood work suggests no trouble...with liver gall bladdeer... but yet i still have the pain... i'm
frustrated... confused and wonder if anyone has any words of wisdom!!!

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables