Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Question about healthy weight and loss
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 26, 2009 09:36PM

Hello everyone,
So lately I've been questioning how healthy I am and whether I am overweight. I'm 5'2" And probably about 120lbs. I would like to weight about 110 as I think this would be much healthier. So I'm wondering what the best approach is. I don't want to go completely low calorie because I believe this is how I gained so much weight, I had an eating disorder for about 4 years of my life where I stayed around 90lbs or less. So my metabolism is most likely pretty messed up and I would like to boost my metabolism and lose a bit of weight. The only problem is I cannot do much exercise at the moment as I am recovering from a shattered heal, soon I can do some more exercise but not for a little while. Any light shed on this situation would be lovely! I already know a lot about raw foods as I've read tons about the subject and I'm really excited to enlighten my life with these foods. I'm also recovering from alcohol and drugs so I'm really looking forward to rejuvinating my spirits! Any help for this health and weight loss would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question about healthy weight and loss
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: December 27, 2009 01:23PM

Do you follow gymnastics? Courtney Kupets had season ending achilles heel tears on both ankles during her career. Last one her coach said Kupets was always doing hand stand work while her injury healed... amazing athlete. Anyway, on the road they offer their gymnasts a standard variety of food. Some like high protein and others whatever works for them to stay strong and control weight. Protein is satiating they say.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2009 01:24PM by loeve.

Posted by: faeterri ()
Date: December 27, 2009 01:40PM

I feel I have (had) addiction issues both to food and substances. What really helped me was just one session of acupuncture. So, though I am smaller than you, I find if I consume many raw greens and sunflower seeds or pumpkin seeds when I crave and chew them well or first have converted them into a ferment, my craving dissipates. I am loosing the weight that I had gained and had also made my health imbalanced and am feeling much better. I also use a mini-trampoline, a rebounder, and can sit on it and do exercises, I do not have to stand on my lower extremities. Best to you and take care.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2009 06:34PM

avo,

Why do you feel you are overweight? Has this been determined through testing? Are you suffering other symptoms of disorder that lead you to think your fat stores are too great?

IMO, your past problems with food and other intoxicants may be a more pressing reason to try the Raw Life. It is said to be very healing to the neurological systems of the body, apart from the physiological systems of the body. A lot of people come to this lifestyle to lose weight, but find they achieve many diverse benefits that end up being more significant. Good luck, whatever you decide : )

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: December 28, 2009 12:55AM

Hi Avo.cado
I relate a lot with your share. I had to get outside help with my substance abuse, including food, from 12 step programs. I know what I should do, however knowledge is not enough, I need a power greater than me to help. I have the footwork to do, which is to nourish myself with wholesome foods, the rest I leave to my Creator, of my understanding. I had to go to a professional, nutritionist, who helped me determine my weight goals. My thinking is so screwy I needed that outside help too, how much to eat and when. It is working so far, I have to keep at it, I cannot rest on my laurels.
Once I eat enough, I do not get the crazy using thoughts, in the beginning I used fitday.com to calculate calories and nutrients, to help me cover my bases. Now I kind of know, still sometimes I check. Recovery is possible one day at a time. Jan 1st will be 6 years without alcohol. What a blessing, everything else has fallen into place since I made that decision, there is hope.
Whilst you are healing you probably won't loose weight, as the body deals with the most urgent things first.
Fresh, raw, ripe and organic fruits and vegetables nuts and seeds r the healing tools.
Enjoy

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 29, 2009 10:57PM

HI EVERYONE I HAVE ONLY JUST JOINED THIS FORUM AND HAVE ONLY STARTED TO GO RAW 4 DAYS AGO BUT READING THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS A GOOD HELP SO WISH ME LUCK.

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: December 30, 2009 02:23AM

Welcome, Anne! This forum has helped me a lot too. I am amazed at how knowledgeable and thoughtful people are here. You're welcome to post questions too. Everyone was new at some point. Oh, and good luck!

My favorite raw vegan

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables