Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

juice fasting
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: December 30, 2009 11:20PM

hi everyone.

just letting you know im still on a high fruit vegan diet. eating fruits is going well for me but the thing is i still struggle to come off this medication stuff. i tried and i flared back up. so then i went back on it.

i think i need a juice fast but everytime i do it for 1 day i feel teriable and it takes me a week to get a good feeling back. anyone know why?

i did a water fast for 1 day on sunday and i still feel week and not with it. strange.

any suggestions?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: juice fasting
Date: December 30, 2009 11:22PM

oh sorry anyone who is new on this form and doesnt know me. im fighting IBD. Ulcerative colits.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: December 30, 2009 11:44PM

Possibly it is because of the fiber. Fresh fruit like avocado has a very soft and malleable fiber that cleans the toxins out of the body. Possibly the juice isn't providing enough of the fiber needed. Possibly eat some fruit meals and do the juicing meals too. Another experiment to try would be to do a smoothie fast because there will still be plenty of fiber that way. Good luck.

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: December 31, 2009 12:17AM

Hellokitty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> im fighting IBD. Ulcerative colits.
If you want to heal Ulcerative Colitis (open ulcers in the Colon), I'd suggest avoiding all fiber.....even Green Smoothies. Go on a Juice Fast, since Water Fasting is making you so weak. Avoid Citrus, as that would irritate your open sores. Use alkaline juices....Green, Celery, and Carrot. Water Fast as you are able. Your body will heal itself. Good Luck....WY

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 31, 2009 08:46AM

if you are still trying to work a hectic job and work around a hectic family schedual then it is quite difficult (if not nearly impossible) to juice fast without feeling the strain

if i was to advice you anything it would be to try to find some way to have some paid leave of abscence some way some how so you can really really rest and really really heal yourself

and nice to see you again smiling smiley keep us posted !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 01, 2010 05:56PM

ok thanks for all you advice. I finish Godiva on the 9th. maybe i should wait till next weel and then drop off the meds and jucie fast it out.

Date: January 03, 2010 07:41PM

i did try another juice fast today. mainly with carrot juice. i felt a bit uncoherant at around 7pm tonight and broke the fast with 5 peaches. Maybe these juice fasts you need to be in a good mind frame. eg not worried about the next day at work.

well that is all im having till tomorrow then i will go back to normal eating. until the 9th

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables