Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

New raw food blog
Posted by: Novelista ()
Date: January 04, 2010 08:33PM

I have started a blog that will track my journey eating an 80/10/10 / natural hygiene / fruitarian style raw food diet. I have tried and failed on raw foods many times. This time it's different, I can feel it already. Please take a read, if you're into that kind of thing.

[duriannightmares.blogspot.com]

Stacy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New raw food blog
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 04, 2010 09:54PM

love it Stacy smiling smiley as an ex-cheese-aholic i can relate smiling smiley

theres 2 ways (or maybe more lol) to get over it ... avoid it entirely or learn to make nut cheeses that mimic the flavors smiling smiley

great blog I am looking forward to your continued success ! you can do it !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 04, 2010 10:03PM

Stacy,

Great blog--what wit! Gonna check in often : )

Date: January 05, 2010 12:11AM

Thanks, Jodi & Tamukha. I hope you enjoy it.

Stacy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2010 12:11AM by Novelista.

Posted by: mmmveg ()
Date: January 05, 2010 02:29AM

stacy, totally cute blog!
super good luck to you smiling smiley
jennifer

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 05, 2010 04:09PM

Hi Stacy, nice blog and pictures!

If you are trying 80/10/10 diet, hopefully you have Doug Graham's book by that name, as it helps people avoid common problems on the diet.

The 30bananasaday.com forum of 80/10/10 people seem to stress a few points:

- as much fruit as you can handle, probably more, to get used to the amount of food needed to keep up calories, to avoid having to fill in the gap with raw fat or cooked starch (but cooked starch is far preferrable to a high-fat raw diet, and it still keeps the 80/10/10 ratio).

- a lot of greens, at least 1 head of lettuce or equivalent a day

If you are recently coming off of a high fat diet, sugar from fruit can be problematic at first. Some find that waiting a day since the last high fat meal helps the bloodstream be cleared of its fat and then be more receptive to fruit sugar.

Best of luck. By the way, I've added your blog to raw.la, a site I manage, if you don't mind. It helps people get an overview of what's going on in the world with raw food in mainstream news, across forums, and throughout all of the raw blogs out there. [raw.la] Check it out, as there are some other 80-10-10 blogs that show up there when the authors update their blogs.

Date: January 06, 2010 02:31AM

Thanks for the pointers, BartAllen. Unfortunately, I'm an old hand at this, so I know what works for me now (which is pretty much in line with your suggestions). I've been around the block a few thousand times with this raw food thing! :-)

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 06, 2010 09:38PM

Awesome, Novelista!

Good luck to you!

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 07, 2010 06:58PM

Hi Stacy,

Whats great is that you are persistent and patient in your quest for excellent health. It doesn't matter how many times one falls off the wagon. What matters is that one gets back on.

Welcome back again to the world of raw foods.

Date: January 08, 2010 12:33AM

Hi Bryan!

How are you? Still out there huh? Been a long time since I've seen you. I hope you're doing well.

Stacy

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables