Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

book suggestions?
Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: January 07, 2010 04:48PM

Hello there everyone!

I've been on and off this raw food thing, mostly because I didn't have enough motivation to go on with it.
But now I do have just that! So I think it is also time for me to invest in some informative and motivational raw food literature.

What book would you guys recommend for a starter? What are your favorite books on the raw food topic?

I will really keep this up this whole month now, January is such a good month to start a new lifestyle. This week is my transition week, and hopefully I will manage to go high raw at the end of it. I've been munching quite a lot on unhealthy foods like cheese and chocolate during the holidays, so I really look forward to more fresh and energizing foods.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: book suggestions?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 07, 2010 05:17PM

I think Victoria Boutenko's book is a great starter one:

[www.amazon.com]

Date: January 07, 2010 06:06PM

Aah, I've heard of that one. Thanks for the suggestion!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 07, 2010 06:07PM

I really like Paul Nisons "Raw Life" book.
It is a very easy reader,quite funny,and helps you feel like a winner if you stay raw.

Vinny

Date: January 07, 2010 06:09PM

Thanks!

Date: January 07, 2010 06:21PM

I also wonder if any of those hippocrates teachings would be a good investment too? I have read some Ann Wigmore, and there was a lot of good stuff in those, I wonder what your opinions about her teachings are?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 07, 2010 06:48PM

The 80/10/10 Diet is a very good book about how to eat a healthy (and there are a lot of junk food) version of the raw diet.

Posted by: Janabanana ()
Date: January 07, 2010 10:32PM

Hippocrates LifeForce by Brian Clement

Living Foods for Optimum Health by Theresa Foy DiGeronimo and Brian Clement (excellent primer)

Posted by: peter b. ()
Date: January 07, 2010 11:10PM

The Sun Food diet system by David Wolfe

Date: January 08, 2010 09:11AM

Thanks a bunch for all the good suggestions! For starters I think I will order the 80/10/10 and the Hippocrates LifeForce.

Posted by: Healthybun ()
Date: January 10, 2010 08:08PM

Victoria Boutenko, Green For Life
Douglas Graham, 80/10/10 diet
David Klein, Self Healing Colitis & Chrons (if you feel IBS symtoms when transitioning)
Brian Clement, Hippocrates LifeForce

These are actually my favorites. When you've done reading these you can try the heavy artillery:

Gabriel Cousens, Conscious Eating

And if you want to do deepcleansing stuff, read some books about "juice feasting". Expensive, but interesting.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 10, 2010 09:36PM

David Wolfe's "Sunfood Diet Success System" is one that combines a detailed explanation and information on raw foods, plus a Napleon Hill-esque positive thought book.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 22, 2010 09:49PM

One of my favorites, by far, is 'Raw Food/Real World: 100 Recipes To Get The Glow'. The authors/raw food chefs are Matthew Kenney and Sarma Melngailis. It's awesome. Some of the recipes can be a little involved and time consuming but worth it when they're done!

My second favorite would prob have to be 'Rawvolution' by Matt Amsden. There are quite a few easy to make recipes that are really really good. I make several on a regular basis. Def. a most own book as well.

Last, 'I Am Grateful: Recipes and Lifestyle Of Cafe Gratitude' is a collection of raw recipes from one of the best raw food restaurants, Cafe Gratitude, in San Francisco. Iv'e eaten there but never prepared one of the recipes so not sure as to the ease of it all. But their food is amazing!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables