Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

raw-vegan friendly gastroenterologist
Posted by: jds8535 ()
Date: January 07, 2010 06:32PM

I am having trouble finding a raw-vegan friendly gastroenterologist. I've only found one, Zarin Azar in California . I need to get a current diagnosis of my condition but am not willing to go through any drug "treatments." I put myself on a vegan diet in 2000 and raw vegan diet in 2002, and also gave up all medications/supplements. The last couple of years I've also put myself on a slight variation of Gerson Therapy and some periodic juice feasts. I am currently in Austin, Tx, so I would prefer to find one close to me. I appreciate any info!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: raw-vegan friendly gastroenterologist
Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: January 20, 2010 05:28AM

ooh this is hard to find in the medical profession.

In NYC there are a few, thank god - medical doctors who've decided to specialize in holistic medicine - very rare, but a great find. It is great to have someone who understands intricate biological processes and vitamin/mineral interactions in the body. I went to one, and out of 4 doctors that I visited for the same problem, the holistic M.D. was the only one who figured it out. He took a very detailed history of all lifestyle habits, including a hugely detailed nutritional questionnaire.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 30, 2010 01:13AM

If anyone can give names and contact info of holistic oriented gastroenterologist in the NYC, or LI area, it would be much appreiciated.
Thank You

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 30, 2010 10:18AM

What kind of gastro symptoms are you having?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 02, 2010 12:31PM

I do not live in your area, so I can't recommend a gastroenterologist there. But keep asking around, sometimes the best experts are the ones that don't accept insurance. Also, have you tried GUdernoobs made by WooHoo Foods? This raw snack has omega-3s and helps people with various gastro symptoms

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables