Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can we eat tofu and rice noodles in a raw diet?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2010 09:00PM

I love thai food and I would like to know if tofu and rice noodles can be eated in a raw food diet. I usually like to eat fresh spring rolls. thanks for the input on this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can we eat tofu and rice noodles in a raw diet?
Posted by: Lara_Hastings ()
Date: January 12, 2010 09:05PM

Weeell, of course you can. But rice noodles and tofu is definitely not raw food. It's ok to add some cooked things if you feel like it, one does not have to be 100% raw to get some benefits from this diet.

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: January 12, 2010 09:14PM

Those foods are not raw. So for a person who want to be all raw, these foods would not be an option.

There are better cooked food choices to add to a high raw diet over these two foods. These include (from most healthy to least healthy):

Steamed vegetables.
Steamed grains
Legumes.

The tofu and rice noodles are not only cooked, but they are processed. This means you don't know what kind of chemicals are added to the foods. The tofu is fermented soybean. The rice noodles are made from rice flour.

That all being said, for a transitioning raw foodist, who is eating all raw and includes some tofu and rice noodles, this is a pretty decent diet smiling smiley.

Date: January 12, 2010 09:29PM

Thanks a lot for all the responses, very informative, and I don't plan to include anyhing in my diet that is not raw, I have been doing raw for the last 35 days, I feel great and I have lost 18 pounds effortlessly. Thanks again.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 12, 2010 10:19PM

kristy6200 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love thai food and I would like to know if tofu
> and rice noodles can be eated in a raw food diet.
> I usually like to eat fresh spring rolls. thanks
> for the input on this.

Kristy,

Sea Tangles, a company in San Diego specializes in a raw kelp noodle that is pretty close after soaking to a bean thread or rice noodle. [www.kelpnoodles.com]. In place of tofu, if you want to stay high raw consider substituting mushroom, soaked & chopped portabella. It's not tofu. But will still provide the chewy consistency with the kelp noodles. If the kelp noodles don't look promising, then try julienned coconut noodles or zucchini. Hope this helps.

Paul

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2010 10:20PM by pborst.

Date: January 12, 2010 10:36PM

Paul;

Thanks for the information, I definitely will check it out and will try your sugestion.

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: January 13, 2010 06:21PM

coconut noodles, sounds delicious, where how do you get them, is it young or old? Wanna try some yummmm
Peace

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables