Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: More Veg, Less Fruit
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 18, 2010 12:11AM

Veghunter,

Good for you for doing the yoga! I think you can just build up from there. Really, I do. Maybe keep doing the yoga, and after a while, try walking. Try a mile, then 2, then 4.

A couple of years from now, you'll be running 10 miles again! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: loeve ()
Date: January 18, 2010 12:48PM

I love my floor mat and exercises, heck of a workout. Haven't tried a lot of these moves, thanks for the reminder--

[search.aol.com]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: January 18, 2010 05:07PM

Veghunter

It is the fat in your diet (which approx. might be 1/3 of calories in your case) that I belive is acidifying. It would take alot of vegetables to save you from that much fat! Most ripe fruits are not acidifying. They are not as alkaline as greens, but are alkaline nonetheless. Following food combining rules may help you as well

A low fat, fruit and vegetable based diet is species specific for humans and does not promote cancer. I do not agree with anyone who recomends low fruit to recover from cancer. Your cells run on sugar no matter what you eat. You cannot logically starve the cancer of sugars without also starving healthy cells. I know of one naturopath who uses low fat high fruit diets and herbs to cure cancer and his success rate is 80%.

If you can walk you can exercise.

I belive a diet high in fruits and greens (one bunch per 1000 cal of fruit eaten) is ideal. Good for you for including egg yoke. I also include raw egg yoke in my diet. I wouldnt recomend cider vinegar, too offensive to the body. I wouldnt eat anything that you cant consume in large quantities.

Date: January 18, 2010 05:13PM

Loeve, is that you in the picture? You look great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 05:15PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 18, 2010 05:23PM

WorkoutMan,

If you wouldn't mind, what is the name of the naturopath that advises high fruit for cancer patients? This runs contrary to experience-based methodology. The accepted wisdom for avoiding excessive sugars, even from fruit, in an actively cancerous state stems from cancer's ability to become angiogenic, which is not true of candida, etc. Just curious.

Date: January 18, 2010 06:24PM

Suncloud,
Here's another inspirational google image, this time of Chimed Ulziibayar from the show Alegria, of which I have a tape and sometimes play for background while doing floor workouts. Ms. Ulziibayer holds that pose for a few seconds. I've read of such performers that they consider their abilities normal and that everyone should be able to do it. Hmmm, well maybe...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 06:28PM by loeve.

Date: January 18, 2010 07:13PM

Tamukha Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WorkoutMan,
>
> If you wouldn't mind, what is the name of the
> naturopath that advises high fruit for cancer
> patients? This runs contrary to experience-based
> methodology. The accepted wisdom for avoiding
> excessive sugars, even from fruit, in an actively
> cancerous state stems from cancer's ability to
> become angiogenic, which is not true of candida,
> etc. Just curious.

Hi Tamukha
His name is Dr Robert Morse. He operates out of florida. His website is www.godsherbs.com He is a biochemist, iridologist and master herbalist as well.

[www.godsherbs.com]

I got his book, "The Detox Miracle Sourcebook" a couple years ago, and I would have to say that it is one of the best books on health I have ever read. It is quite sensable and explains how the body works, and how alkalizing the body is key to getting it to heal.

Actually, in my opinion. For the average person, theres no proper way to alkalize the body while being able to eat the amount of energy someone requires in a day, without eating a good portion of fruit. The other options you have (fat or startch) are more likely to acidify the body.

I am not promoting fruitarianism! Or accessive sugar. As I said earlier I think that one bunch of greens per 1000 cal of fruit eaten is good with some other vegetables thrown in for good measure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/18/2010 07:24PM by WorkoutMan.

Date: January 19, 2010 02:32AM

Thanks, WorkoutMan; I'll look into that : )

Date: January 19, 2010 04:44AM

Loeve, that's an incredible pose! It would seem that a person would have to be very very strong to hold a pose like that. Definitely, it would take a lot of practice!

Date: January 19, 2010 12:23PM

Someone like Chimed Ulziibayer has probably been trained in the art since a toddler, hours a day, the way elite gymnasts are. One commented that her coach was always having her do pushups. Maybe the image should carry a "don't try this at home" disclaimer, ha-ha.

Posted by: adrian ()
Date: January 19, 2010 01:10PM

hi veghunter....you'd mentioned:

"What I do have is very low estrogen, SHBG, vit D, ferritin, DHEA-S, etc. and tons of awful symptoms from weight gain and buffalo hump to (b)acne and toe fungus. I have a diagnosis of PCOS, but the endo who diagnosed this is suspicious of other disease."

don't know if you're already onto this or not, but low thyroid can be doing this. low adrenal often goes with low thyroid as well. these can throw many other hormones out of balance with it.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: January 19, 2010 01:21PM

Some of you say that fruit is not acidifying. We have done a lot of delicious ripe fruits, with vegetables etc and low fat, but my experience is that fruits are VERY acidifying for me. If I eat nuts my pH of urine goes up to 8.5-9, while with the fruits it will be around 6 at most. Vegetable juices are also alkalizing for me. Even tried some raw fish, same story, pH goes up. I am not trying to be awkward, fruits just don't work for me, so I think we should be careful with applying rules to each and everyone. Our metabolisms may be different for some mysterious reasons. Obviously Cousins was also aware of this, much to my relief he states in "Conscious Eating" that for some people fats and proteins are alkalizing. Mu husband also ran into trouble eating lots of fruits, and he definitely did low fat as well.
I think the message is that everyone must carefully listen to his/her own body, and not blindly follow what works for others. LISTEN to your own body. Only YOUR body can tell you whether you are on the right track, others can not feel it for you.

Date: January 19, 2010 02:25PM

greenpower Wrote:
> Some of you say that fruit is not acidifying. We
> have done a lot of delicious ripe fruits, with
> vegetables etc and low fat, but my experience is
> that fruits are VERY acidifying for me. If I eat
> nuts my pH of urine goes up to 8.5-9, while with
> the fruits it will be around 6 at most. Vegetable
> juices are also alkalizing for me. Even tried some
> raw fish, same story, pH goes up. I am not trying
> to be awkward, fruits just don't work for me, so I
> think we should be careful with applying rules to
> each and everyone. Our metabolisms may be
> different for some mysterious reasons. Obviously
> Cousins was also aware of this, much to my relief
> he states in "Conscious Eating" that for some
> people fats and proteins are alkalizing. Mu
> husband also ran into trouble eating lots of
> fruits, and he definitely did low fat as well.
> I think the message is that everyone must
> carefully listen to his/her own body, and not
> blindly follow what works for others. LISTEN to
> your own body. Only YOUR body can tell you whether
> you are on the right track, others can not feel it
> for you.

I do agrre with you. Above all else, we should just do what works for us.

Did you ever try testing the blood ph or the saliva? I wonder if that would make a difference. Logic would say that if we ate an abundance of acidy fruits like grapefruit and pineapple than we would have to pee some of it out. Also what types of fruit were you eating alot of? Just curious, maybe we could solve this riddle!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 02:26PM by WorkoutMan.

Date: January 19, 2010 02:46PM

Saliva and blood offer the best pH evidence. Urine is not reliable as it is supposed to be acidic, being waste. Unfortunately, having a full blood panel every week for 4 or 5 months isn't feasible for most people. I think what matters most is how one feels over a long time on a particular regimen. We often hear of someone doing raw whatever and then switching to some other raw regimen because after a couple of years, the first one was making them less healthy in general over time.

Date: January 19, 2010 03:26PM

On pH testing, I just happen to have Robert O. Young's book The pH Miracle handy. He says under the heading, How Acidic are You?, "The pH of saliva is much more variable, so you are better off testing your urine." That's what I've found through personal experience.

Young says your doctor can do a blood pH test for you and that ideally blood pH is 7.365, suggesting the extremely narrow range in which the body normally keeps blood pH. I don't have this done.

Normal* urine pH is between 4.5 and 8 or so (maybe 9 if you eat a lot of vegs?). I try to keep urine pH in the 6 to 8 range, averaging around 6.5, and can do it by adding more greens or lentils, which are very alkalizing for my system at this point in time. Past times when my urine pH might be consistently around 5 corresponded with symptoms.

Urine pH testing works for me.

*Of course 'normal' ranges and 'healthy' ranges don't always correspond.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2010 03:37PM by loeve.

Posted by: greenpower ()
Date: January 19, 2010 04:08PM

WorkoutMan,

The bulk of our fruit consisted of mangoes most of the year, and other sweet local fruits. For about 4 months we have plenty papaya from the garden. Then there are mulberries in season, about 1-2 months. And may be at most 3 small bananas a day. Oranges were stopped because of the acidity and the fiber. We do get apples in the season, about 3-4 months or so in the wintertime. Pineapple we can have very rarely, only for a treat. Don't know if someone can make some sense out of this. I suspect a problem with digesting the sugars, but that still does not explain the increased alkalinity of the urine after fats and proteins. Will check saliva pH, may be that can give another clue.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 20, 2010 07:47PM

loeve Wrote:
> Suncloud,
> Here's another inspirational google image, this
> time of Chimed Ulziibayar from the show Alegria,
> of which I have a tape and sometimes play for
> background while doing floor workouts. Ms.
> Ulziibayer holds that pose for a few seconds.
> I've read of such performers that they consider
> their abilities normal and that everyone should be
> able to do it. Hmmm, well maybe...
>
> [1.bp.blogspot.com]
> AAAAAAAAAGE/kK-NM9ZA_UY/s320/cc-030123AlegriaConto
> rtion.jpg

That image made this thread worthwhile! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2010 07:48PM by communitybuilder.

Date: January 21, 2010 11:24AM

"I just started yoga again..." -Veghunter

We like yogasmiling smiley

Posted by: OkunDeji ()
Date: January 23, 2010 03:45PM

Hi VegHunter
Your post inspire some interesting debate. When I started 80% raw food lifestyle, 15 months ago, I ate lots of fruit and for a while that worked well until it didn't. I had to reduce it and increase fats, still that didn't seem to work for me. What I find now is that I have to pay attention to when I eat these things and in what combinations, which depends on what activities I need to complete.
Like others have said, listen to your own body, there are a lot of people who have healed themselves and are living optimally, which I believe to be high fruit and low fat. However when one is in a healing mode, the body is full of acidity and I found high fruit increased that acidity in my blood.
My solution was to increase my greens and vegetable juice intake with higher fat and I eat lower sugar fruits and early in the day. So far that is working for me and my fat % intake is coming back down. I still do not eat as much fruit as I used to and I look forward to being able to eat more. I love fruit smiling smiley
Good luck on your raw journey
Peace

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables