Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw lunch to go
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 15, 2006 11:11AM

I also am starting a new job on Monday and was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a "raw lunch to go." I can't have almonds, coconuts, avocados etc.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw lunch to go
Posted by: purenkind ()
Date: August 15, 2006 01:09PM

salad! make a large salad with lots of mixed greens, and anything else you like, tomatoes, cucumbers, sprouts, grated carrots and beets, a handful of seeds, red pepper.. bring a dressing with you and add it when you're ready to eat.

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: August 15, 2006 05:40PM

There are a couple of good lunch things in the recipies on this site too.

I have used the "queso dip" as lunch bringing veggies to dip.

Also the "mock tuna salad" on top of a bed of spinach is wonderful.

Home made raw salsa with veggies to dip is good.

I bring lots of fruit. Sometimes dried fruit.

You can make veggie nori wraps. I sometimes assemble them at work. Bring the nori and cut up veggies and a maybe some raw tahini. Then spread, roll and eat. Yum!

I do eat raw dairy (I know many do not) so some raw cheese with apples is a lunch fit for a king in my book!

Good luck

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: August 15, 2006 10:22PM

Fruit is the best raw lunch to go, as it requires little or no preparation. If I bring melons, I will take a knife and a spoon with me. I also bring produce bags to throw my compost into.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 15, 2006 10:34PM

coconuts

just bring a hammer
a serrated knife
a cutting board
some ear plugs

and voila!!!

fresh coconut juice
and coconut meat

yummmmmmmmm

who cares if it makes a big racket
your cells will thank you for it

and maybe a few berries as well

mmhmmmmm

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: August 15, 2006 11:02PM

I keep a couple of coconuts in my fridge at work. Yummy. Although you can open them with out a hammer. But hey, if I had a hammer at work, I'd want to use it!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:02AM

I like oranges and bananas and a little salad. Easy and satisfying.

Posted by: Rawrrr! ()
Date: August 16, 2006 12:45AM

funny la_veronique! I love young coconut too... two holes on top with a hammer and screw diver, one for air, one for the straw... drink the water, crack that baby open... and yummmy!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 16, 2006 01:22AM

Has anyone taken already made green smoothies to work?

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: August 16, 2006 01:23AM

I like marinated type salads for when I have to take a lunch anywhere - prepare them in the morning and by lunchtime they're good n ready. Greens obviously, with tasty stuff like sun dried tomatoes, olives, mushrooms that kind of thing. With a homemade vinagraite dressing - olive oil, ACV, fresh herbs etc. Onion and garlic would also make tasty additions, unless you were worried about the smell.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: August 16, 2006 02:22PM

My favorite lunch is a big mixed green salad (dark greens) w/avocados (I know, you can't have avocados - hopefully your avocado & coconut allergies will disappear on a more healthful diet, because these are incredibly pleasurable foods - try taking probiotics to restore healthy intestinal flora, as allergies are often caused by antibiotic use)..... and then I eat an orange after the salad - best lunch ever, very filling and satisfying.

Good luck!

Posted by: rooneyandmuldoon ()
Date: August 16, 2006 06:33PM

Why aren't dehydrated foods considered cooked?

Posted by: rawmark ()
Date: August 17, 2006 01:20PM

I never do fruits at lunchtime as most of the fruit I eat is consumed by 11. This is the one thing that I took from Harry and Marily Diamond's old book Fit for Life. I'm not a natural hygienist but I've discovered, for me, that it only likes me to eat fruit primarily in the daytime especially if we are trying to create an alkaline balance.

I love to do a wrap with romaine lettuce, tomatoes and a spicy, home made vinaigrette with all the fixins and spicy flax crackers on the side. This is one of my fav quick and easy lunches to make. Of course, you can substitute avocado for another veggie or even nutmeats. Sometimes I will take nutmeats, grind them mix them with a few other things and dehydrate them creating neat balls. Then you've almost go a submarine sandwich without all the yucky stuff.

Experiment and have fun. We have an abundance of foods in nature to pick from.

Peace,

Marcos

Go Vegan for your life, your health, the planet and, most importantly, the animals that we share this wonderful world with!

Posted by: ferg ()
Date: August 17, 2006 04:09PM

I bring green smoothies to work every day for lunch.
I blend ice, water, spinach, mangos and bananas and put
in in a big thermos. A Tasty and satisfying lunch!

I will also bring fruits to snack on: today I had
watermelon for breakfast. For my afternoon snace
tomato and an orange.

I never spend a cent on my lunch anymore. And its
usually all organic.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables